IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I did not keep score today, I have not kept score for the last two seasons.  I have just been working on my game and trying different things on the course and having fun.  I did have 3 birdies today.  I have never had more than one birdie in a round before today.  Looking forward to the Spring and keeping score to get an official handicap so that I can play in more tournaments at the club.

Driver: Titleist TSR1 12*

3 Wood: Titleist TSR1 15*

4 Hybrid: Titleist TSR1 20*

Irons: Titleist T350 5-W2 23*-53*

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50.12F, 56.14F

Putter: Titleist SC Super Select Newport 2

It sure is nice to live in Southern California. almost 70 degrees at my home course today. Wind was mild. Less that 10 miles an hour at its worst. Course was a little dry and the soil was hard for the first time since I started playing a few months ago.

I shot the best game I have ever played today. I played all 3 9 hole courses and finished with exactly 9 strokes over on each 9. May be terrible for most of you, but its great for me. 84 in my first 18 and 42 on my last 9. I have noticed that my tee shots have straightened out with a few fundamentals that a friend has been helping me out with. My irons were working great and putting was very good. I had a few missed chips out of the bunkers, but around the green they were ok. More on and off than anything. Had it not been for crowning the green a couple of times, I would have been into the 70s!!!

I notice that the better I play, the more I get the itch to get out on the course. I've been having a great time.

-Matt

72.  With an eagle on 16, but a bogey on 18.  I guess I'm simultaneously stoked and pissed.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I did not keep score today, I have not kept score for the last two seasons.  I have just been working on my game and trying different things on the course and having fun.  I did have 3 birdies today.  I have never had more than one birdie in a round before today.  Looking forward to the Spring and keeping score to get an official handicap so that I can play in more tournaments at the club.

If you don't keep score how do you know you had 3 birdies? I played my 1st round of the year yesterday in mild temps (50*) for Southern Ohio and put together a 40-42 @ Kenwood Country Club.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

I shot 87 for 18, par 71 course. I continue to birdie / par 6 or 7 holes per round, but I seem to always blow up on a couple of holes kill good rounds.

Callaway Razr Hawk Driver, Cleveland Launcher 3 Wood, Callaway Diablo Edge Irons, Adams Idea Tech V3 4 Iron, Cleveland CG15 52, 56 and 60 degree wedges, Ping Sydney Putter, NY Giants Head Covers

Still trying to work back down to my handicap after massive swing changes over the last few months combined with spotty practice due to weather.  Played 9 holes and shot +4 thanks to crappy putting.  Had 3 really good swings, all very slight push-draws.  Kind of frustrating right now because I can feel immediately whether I've maintained the flying wedge through impact or not.  In fact, I'm starting to be able to tell whether it will be a good impact or not immediately on takeaway, then I quit on it and don't try to save it or bail out and get some pretty nasty shots.  Release is still a little sloppy and I tend to want to roll it through impact, especially when the club flips some because it seems to pinch the left side of my left hand if I don't.  Sand wedge trajectory is maybe what my 7-iron was before the changes.  Flights are really nice when I can swing well.  Nearly holed out 4 of the last 5 shots on the same 145 yard par-3 with a 9-iron.  That's pretty crazy now that I think about it.  Still no holes in one.  I guess it goes without saying that those things are hard to get.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Well, it's official.  My home course is now crap for the winter.  Greens are practically unputtable.  Was walking up to my ball on #3, the ball starts to move...rolls off the green and 20 yds into the fairway.  Hit a drive straight down the middle that wound up out of bonds...there's just no grass.  After 2 rounds of 74 and 75 last month, I shot a 95 Sat.  Forget this.

shot 91 2x's this weekend. soooo sooo close to breaking 90!! would have had it easily yesterday, but i 4-putted after getting a GIR on a par 3 and put 2 in the water on another hole. could have had a comfortable 86 or so if i had just bogeyed the hole with 2 in the water (ended up carding an 8) and had 2 putts on the hole where i 4-putted. i know it's all coming together slowly though and i can tell my game is improving.

also, over the weekend played the course we'll be playing this upcoming weekend in my golf league. had my first birdie in what seems like a year (nice drive 260 along the right edge of the fairway leaving 140 to an elevated pin over water. pulled the approach but the green sloped left to right and i had a tap in for birdie). next hole i holed out from 50 yards or so. would have been nicer if it wasn't for a bogey (1 in the water after hooking the drive and punched out from the ditch without getting a good aiming point to the fairway above me, ended up behind a tree and had to chip out to ~50 yds..)

overall, very good golf weekend.

To back up from my solid 32 points yesterday, I had 24 today. After 3 putting from close range on the first, being against a tree on the 3rd and my dad hitting me on the 4th giving me another penalty (and his buggy also decided to pack it in on the 2nd), I was in no mood to be on the course. I was back handing putts from a foot that missed, hitting shots I just would not normally play. Its been a long time since I played with that kind of careless attitude. Turned with a dismal 11 points. I drove the ball well on the back. Better than I have driven in weeks, but failed to hit the greens even from very close range. I did not even react to the bad things. It was just going to be one of those days and there wasnt a god damn thing I could do about it. Playing at one of Sydney's newest Championship courses tomorrow so Im hoping I get up on the right side of the bed in the morning.

I shot 76 (par 69) but the most interesting thing was that I was trying Stack and Tilt for the first time.  I bought the book and read it over the holidays, but had had no chance to even hit a bucket of balls to try it.  Went out for a game with my best golf buddy and told him he had my permission to laugh all he wanted at my efforts to try Stack and Tilt.

I think I lost a fraction of distance, but I hit a lot of good contact, straight shots.

I was tempted to try S&T; by 2 things:  the first reason was that I had 5 lessons in a row with a local pro, a couple of years ago, where he was trying to get to to keep my right knee braced.  I could not do it at all, so I loved it when I read in S&T; that it is OK to straighten the right knee on the backswing.  The second reason is that I have been trying to find a way to fix an over the top, out to in, move.  The S&T; guys claim that their method tends to fix this and create  a push draw, not pull fade.  I would love a push draw.

76 is hardly a miracle revelation, but this experience compares very favourably with pretty much all other occasions when I have read a golf instruction book and then taken a fresh idea to the course.

Encouraged by this, I will take S&T; more seriously and give it a decent effort.  I'll maybe post something on the S&T; threads after giving this a longer tryout.

Ping G10, 9 deg, Graffaloy ProLaunch Red 65 stiff

KZG CH III 17 deg 4W

KZG 22 deg hybrid

Ping i15 4-9 Dynamic Gold R300

Vokey 46 (custom), 50, 54, 58 Dynamic Gold R300

Odyssey white hot #5

Im feelin' good........72.5Cr 137slope....

I hacked it around in 76 today in frigid cold and high winds................frigid winter crap.....I'll take it.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Had a solid 75 yesterday--outstanding, really, by all measures except putts.  Played the Palmer Course at Turtle Bay.  Winds were 15-20 MPH, definitely strong enough to be reckoned with, but not close to the max wind speed that course can dish out.  (See my review of TB-Palmer in the Courses section.)

Shot 40 on the front, primarily due to a water ball on 6 that resulted in a double and a 3-putt bogey on 8 (my playing partner aced the 8th, so I'll just blame it on the distraction from his hole-in-one).  Leaked a drive right on 9 into the marsh, but still made a par-5 so that was nice to put me back on track.  Solid ballstriking on the back with 6/7 fairways and 8/9 greens.  Hole 15 was my 12th green hit of the day, but only my first birdie of the day.  I was hitting solid putts, but nothing went in.  Still, managed a nice finish with birdie, par, bogey (missed a five-footer after spinning a wedge off of the front of the green), birdie.  The 18th included a high-cut 3-wood from 255 to set up a 20-footer for eagle.

14 greens for the day, including the only missed green of the back nine coming on 17 when I spun a wedge off of the front of the green (and all the way down the false front).  Two water balls and a 3-putt was the difference between even par and +3 on a course rated at 75ish and plays tougher than that in the wind, so, even though I was only 1/14 on birdie/eagle putts, I guess I'll be satisfied with it.

Last week's round was an even-par 72 with a bogey on 18, but at an easier course.  Still, I played the final 3 at 1-under, so I'm definitely getting a little better at closing.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Actually played yesterday, played 9 holes at Winter Park GC, shot two-over 37.

Shot of the day was last hole where I blew my drive waaaay left into the trees & as I was walking to the ball, I said to myself, 'Self, let's make a birdie here' - I hood-punched an 8-iron under the trees, landed it about 15 yards short, rolled up to 8 feet, made the putt for bird.

49 for 9

My Bag: Nike Vapor X
Driver: Diablo Octane Tour Project 7.0  X-Stiff
Woods: Callaway RAZR 3 wood Adilla NVS 65 g X-Stiff
Hybrids: Taylor Made Burner Superlaunch 3-18*, 4-21*, UST Mamiya Proforce V2 75
Irons: Maltby TE Forged 5-PW TrueTemper X-300
Wedges: Maltby Tricept 52*/6, 56*/10; 60*/6 TrueTemper S-400
Putter: Yes! Emma 37" Belly Putter 
Ball: NXT Tour

Played Oak Creek out in Orange County, CA shot 66.

Course was only playing 6500 so all par 5's were reachable in two. Two putts for birdie 3 times so it wasn't as great as it sounds ;)

I will say I'm hitting the new RBZ fwy wood from Taylormade and it goes a MILE.

• Upvote 1

97 (54/43) at my home course. I am sill struggling to warm up even though I always arrive 45 minutes before tee time to loosen up (it's too dark to get there any earlier). Average drive was 50 yards longer on the last 9, which definitely helped in the scoring department.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

79. 42/37. Had a great time playing Oak Creek in Irvine. The greens were running great and I felt like the work I've been doing with my putting really paid off. I've been struggling the last month with my game, but I feel like I may have found something?

posted a new personal best sunday, but still one stroke short of my goal for last/this year (breaking 90). posted a 90 even. shot a 41 on the back nine and i didn't even feel like i was having all that great of a round, so i'm really excited to see what i can do this weekend. the 41 included an 8 on a par 4 where i topped my drive, and it shot left hitting a tree. recovery shot was also topped and in the water. still had 2 double bogeys and a triple, but i can almost live with those scores. i cannot live with an 8. also, didn't 1-putt a single green and had 2 3-putts.

so i know i'm leaving a lot of strokes out there. but i'm optimistic!