IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Played my first 18 holes of the year today. It was very muddy from all the rain we've had over the week. Front 9: 41, back 9: 42! I was very happy with an 83, I actually could have shot a whole lot better, had a few 3-putts. Did I mention I walked in 2 hours and 15 minutes! LOL!

Phillip

80.  Couldn't make a birdie putt to save my life.  And my chipping/pitching was sub par.  Playing 36 tomorrow and I need to start breaking 80's again.  This is getting ridiculous.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

shot a 91 today. but, if you look at my scorecard from today, you'll notice i 3-, 4-, and 5-putted. a lot. i just could not find the speed of the greens, a few of them had spike marks and old hole locations out the wazoo. just straight up nasty. if i 2-putt every time that i 3-, 4-, or 5-putted, i end up with a 79. this is possibly the most frustrating game ever.

I played 36 holes today at Strawberry Farms and shot 88 / 80. The first round was just down right garbage. Hooking all my irons for the first 9 and shot 45. Then played really well until I had a triple on a short par 4 where I tried to get cute around the green and just bladed it over from about 10yds off... Then on the way back ran it way bye. Then proceed to 3-jack. So closed out with a 43. Couldn't make a pressure putt at all. Second round, the proshop let us play a replay... They stop the foursome on the 1st box and ask them if we can jump out in front... To catch the 2-some that was on the first green. We literally ran to our balls and played the first hole like speed golfers. I never really felt comfortable with my game until about the 20th hole for the day... But shot 42 with a few silly doubles. The last nine was really fun until 18. I was -1 going to the box and playing great. I hit a solid 3W off the tee, and have 160 center, 180 back edge to a blue flag. I hit a 6i because there is a large ravene marked as a harzard short... And it runs all the way up the left side of the green. The green is very narrow, and on the right is rough/slope which then has sheer rocks and a stream marked as a hazard. Really tough shot to finish... And I proceed to hit a solid shot but went left of the green into the hazard. My next shot went sailing past the hole leaving me a terrible lie in the rough. I chip out and two putt for a damn triple. Uggggh. Stupid mistakes and I end up shooting 38 on the back for an 80.

41 had an awesome day

My Bag: Nike Vapor X
Driver: Diablo Octane Tour Project 7.0  X-Stiff
Woods: Callaway RAZR 3 wood Adilla NVS 65 g X-Stiff
Hybrids: Taylor Made Burner Superlaunch 3-18*, 4-21*, UST Mamiya Proforce V2 75
Irons: Maltby TE Forged 5-PW TrueTemper X-300
Wedges: Maltby Tricept 52*/6, 56*/10; 60*/6 TrueTemper S-400
Putter: Yes! Emma 37" Belly Putter 
Ball: NXT Tour

Dropped 10 stokes from the back to the front once I realized I wasn't getting a full turn on my backswing. Still shot a 109, though.

Still played 18 in 2 hours, though.

This is crazy.....my last 3 rounds were 79-74-76 in brutal winds.....  I've played so much golf this January, that I am back to summer form in the middle of winter.  I'm hitting it great and putting well.  The only thing holding me back from going really low are the extremely shaggy/ bumpy/tundra greens....LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

55 terrible day

Two birdies -- I generally don't do that in one round.

Started par-par-par and thought I was on to something special (for me).  Ooops.  Can't think that!  Here comes a snowman!

Even par, 70 today. Took my off-season (mid-Nov and Dec) off, so I'm just getting back into my game. 6 birdies, a triple, a double and a bogey.

I super fanned a couple shots OB right, but know exactly how it happened. A little dip of the right shoulder through impact, gotta keep those shoulders level. Three putted one green for my bogey. no big deal.

Bob Rotella says, lets focus. Six birdies is great! I hit a bunch of quality shots and made some solid putts too. I'll give myself three shots of the round. Hole 2 I stuck a 9i from 138y to inches. Hole 9 I bent a super pretty fade 7 iron to 5' to a back right pin from 156y. And lastly, I made a super sweet floppy bunker shot to 2' with not much green to work with.

Alright, writing out this reply makes me feel good about my round today. Yay golf!

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Shot 75 last Thursday. Very pleased as I have been playing poorly as of late. The wet conditions don't help and it has rained the last few days. When I played the other day, I got behind some guys who are members of the local community college team. Unbelievable how well they hit a ball. Look like pros. Beautiful swings with solid contact. Oh to be young......

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Put up a 94 a few days ago.  After weeks of rain we've had a few nice sunny days here in the north west.

Driver:Adams 9064LS 9.5 *stiff

3 Wood: Nike VRs

Hybrid: Adams A7 19*

Irons: Nike VRs Pro Cavity 4-AW

Wedges: Nike VR Pro 56'

Putter: Nike Method mc3i1

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo

Bag: Ogio Assassin

I got out a couple times in the past week.  Shot a 72 & 73.  Overall the ball striking started a bit rough until I figured something out and the irons were much better and flush after. The driver took a lot longer to get going but on the last 9 I hit every fairway.  A couple of the drives didn't have the ball flight i wanted but were still hit well and on target.

The funny thing is that I birdied the same holes both days.  I moved to the back tees on the second day and hit one less green and had one more putt. I'm pretty happy with where I am at this time of year.  The swing changes I've been working on with Erik over the past 6-9 months have made it much easier for me to just pick up a club and start hitting it well.  I usually struggle early in the year because my swing had a bunch of things going on and relied on good timing.  I have a lot less going on in my head and with my swing.  Keeping it very simple now...

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

43 had a pretty good day, Wedge play is getting more consistent. That is where I have the most trouble as far as scoring.

38 (+5)   12 putts :o

I'm bored, so I'll type up a hole-by-hole summary. My putting was phenomenal today, the greens were a bit wet, I think that took a bit of the break out.

#1. (Par 4)

Hit a hybrid fat off the tee

Topped a 7 iron

Sand wedge to the fringe

Chip to ~8 feet

Putted it in

#2 (Par 4)

(Hybrid) Shocking low ball flight but the ball rolled for a while, so my distance was pretty good in the end

Sand wedge to 20 feet

Putted it in :D

#3 (Par 4)

I'd found a titleist ball in the rough on the last hole, so I gave that a good whack with my driver, and it was perfect. 20 yards further than I've ever been on this hole

Fat pitching wedge to the left rough

Poor chip shot to 25 feet

Lipped it out

Tap in bogey.

#4 (Par 4)

Pulled my drive left, but I still had a look at the green

Thinned my 7 iron, and it ended up about 10 yards past the green

Chipped it over the green

Chipped it to 2 feet

Tap in bogey

#5 (Par 4)

Decent hybrid shot