IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

81 = 39 + 42.  Had a great round going until the last five holes.  Came in with +1, +1, +2, +2, and +1.  Yikes!  Need to close better than that.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

76 or 4 over at my home course . GIR is incredibly low at 33% , however chipping around the greens were superb , where most of them were within 1 Putt length . Ended the day with 27 putts , 13 at the front and 14 at the back . Irons play and FW were a little let down today , but it is a great day of golf .
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

Shot Even par 72 (34-38)

34 putts, 17/18 GIR

Hit a lot of greens today but the wind was up a bit so it made it difficult to get it close to the pin. I did manage to drop a couple 20 footers and one 10 footer for birdie, offset by a bogey(3-putt) and a double(O.B.) on the back nine. Overall a solid ball striking day, just need to be a little smarter on a couple holes.

• Upvote 1

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

Yesterday, Bogey-Free -2, 68. On punched greens none the less!

As I was on hole 7, my 16th for the day, a par-5 that I normally have birdie chance on, I found myself in the front bunker needing to get up and down for par, and that is the exact moment it hit me that I was indeed bogey-free to that point. Well, I hit what was a decent bunker shot, but left myself with 20'. On punched greens I thought it was over at that point, for a second and realized, punched greens or not, I know I can make a 20' putt. I lined up, stepped up to the putt, and rolled that sucker right in! I destroyed hole 8/17, sticking a 6iron to a few feet. Then hole 9/18. This hole has absolutely had my number lately. triples, doubles, bogeys for the last month or so. Solid 3w, solid 9i two putt! Oh yeah, I think this was my first bogey-free round of the year...

Played 9 holes after work today and had the streak going until the 8th hole, Wonk!

Been playing really solid lately, which feels great since US Open qualifying is weeks away...

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Had a nice morning yesterday where we basically played at our own pace since the course was kind of quiet due to the threat or rain.

After the first couple of holes, we never saw a golfer in front of us or behind us. I shot a 99, but the hi-lite of the day was seeing my friend break 100 for the first time (he's been playing a little over a year). I always knew that I'd have problems beating him if he ever got a short game.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

I had a crappy score yesterday , but I did win closest to the pin

my winnings

nike.gifTour
ping.gifG10 Driver 9*
ping.gifG10 3Wood 15.5*ping.gifG10 5Wood 18.5*ping.gifG10 Irons 4- PWping.gifTour Wedges 50*, 56*, 60*odyssey.gifPutter 33" Sabertoothbridgestone.gifBall E6

Was able to manage a 88 today..and it's been awhile..and it felt so darn gooood.  I've been oh..so-close the last few rounds going low 90's.  I just made better contact with the ball and no blow-up holes..well..beside the triple on the last..but 85 or 88..still the same to me.  Kept thinking the whole round to keep it together..no craziness.

Goodfella, try the Vision UV Yellow ball which is a good quality but very visible  ball/

My own round was a modest 93 which as always included a few duff shots, a few miserable bunker clunkers, and a few 3 putts.

Today  I am playing at a local championship course with no expectations - lets just see what happens

A solid 103 for me today :( super windy like 25mph winds. I am too inconsistant off the tee and I just lose strokes on holes. I was in the sand a few times today, which kills me too. Ah well, see if Tuesday is any better!

HiBore XLS 9.5* Driver

AMP 15* SF 3 Wood

R11 3 and 4 hybrid

AP1 712 5-GW

52* Gap Wedge

SV 56* Wedge

SV 60* Wedge

35" Melbourne Putter

Hex Black Tour

Had an up and down 95 on saturday (44-51) where I simply lost my swing on the back 9 followed by a 96 today (45-51) on a different course where I burned the edge of the hole with the putter all day.

I need to improve my approach shots badly.  The distance control is there, I am always pin high but in the rough either left or right.  And my chipping has been awful lately.

I finally broke 100! Today I shot 97 at Bayou Din golf course playing front to back. Now to work on consistent scores. [IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/4cd2ecf6-399f-7119.jpg[/IMG]
  • Upvote 1

taylormade.gif 2009 Burner 10.5 driver w/ stock shaft

taylormade.gif R7 irons store shelf stock w/ Rocketballz 55 SW

taylormade.gif Rescue 23 degree

taylormade.gif #3 FW 2009 Burner

ping.gif Putter

Shot a 94 on Saturday.  Started terrible.  Drives all over the place, inconsistent irons, and my putter felt like a brick taped to the end of a stick.

The back nine it all came together and I shot a 44.  My best ever for that 9 holes.  Absolutely smashed a couple of drives.  250+ yds and straight.  Irons worked and had no long (40-50 ft.)putts.

With Saturdays score of 43 still in my mind, I head back out yesterday figuring I'll really put up a good score.  I figured wrong.  Grrrr!

Played 27 holes on Sunday.  Shot a 40 over nine holes in the morning, and a 79 over eighteen in the afternoon.  This has been the first time I broke into the 70's.  My lowest round ever before yesterday was an 81.  I had been consistently scoring 82's for quite a few rounds, and had finally broken through.  When I first tried my current irons this year, I was a whole club length longer.  I have since slowed my swing down considerably (feels slower, anyway) and now I am a whole club length shorter that my old cavity backs, but a lot more consistent.  Consistent enough, that I have no issues using the 3 or 4 out of the rough.  The course I play is only 102/33.9 front and 108/34 back, so it's pretty easy, but still......I am taking the 79!

Also, the SuprTri is so much more forgiving than the Tour Burner TP was, so my FW's hit is also up.

yesterday i played the course closest to my house that i've been to scared as a beginner to play but I've been getting better fast lately so i figured id go for it. shot an 88. this has been my score lately but this course is tough. i also had 4 balls in the water and none of them were from the driver. usually i pride my self on not going ob so i felt like i should have been lower. Navy GC in cypress/los al btw.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Only had time for a walk around the par 3 today but I took it as serious as I could, shot a 28. Spent more time practicing than playing due to the slow groups of junior golfers out there. Weird for a school day.

Dave :-)

thanks for the tip Chanceman, Ive been playing the srixon trispeed yellow ball for awhile but still have a few issues trying to find them when I play alone, I think I may need some glasses lol.

Went out today and shot an 84, lowest score this year for me. It amazing how weird this weather is. Friday I played in shorts and a polo, 75 degrees. Today it was 45 and had to break out my under armor and fleece pull over lol. I was hitting the ball well all day, and made a 30 foot birdie putt with 3 breaks for the highlight of my round.

No worries Goodfella, call me Chance. Nice putting there - gotta love those long snaky ones when they drop. We had hail, thunder and lighning down here yesterday which like you makes it a challenge.. I shot 92 at Spring Valley which is tougher than  most but alas only a social score so my handicap stays the same. I seem to have got my 5 wood working well which brings the par 5s into range. putting is generally ok but just missing lots of 3-5 metre ones.