IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot -2 on 18 at the par-3 course.  Still no aces, but got to within a foot again.  Chipped in from a crazy difficult downhill lie, green sloping away off hardpan.  Ball popped up perfectly.  I knew it was in as soon as I hit it and had 6 seconds to watch the perfection.  No one saw it but me...

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

44 (+9). I finally got the best of #3 on this course, and even birdied it. I've really lost confidence in my driver. Not that I was all that great with it to begin with, but I'd be good for a few really solid shots sitting about 250 yards down the fairway. Today I was all over the place. The last two times I've played (last Friday, last Monday) I've had 2-3 good drives, but nearly everything else is a guess. I need to figure that out. My iron play has really improved as has my putting. If I could not handicap myself with the drive, I'd be shooting par/bogey on many more holes. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/256419/width/640/height/481][IMG]http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/256419/width/640/height/481[/IMG][/URL]

Driver: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 10.5* Woods: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 3w 15*, 5w 18* Hybrid: TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Rescue -- 4h 21* Irons: TaylorMade Burner Plus -- 5-AW Wedges: TaylorMade RAC -- 56.12, 60.07 Putter: TaylorMade Spider Ghost -- 35" Ball: It's complicated.

41 (+5)

5 Bogeys, 4 Pars

19 putts (1 three putt, 8 two putts)

No up and downs

5 GIR's (56%)

4 FIR (57%)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Even at Green Oaks.

Screen Shot 2012-05-15 at 9.43.36 pm.PNG

One of those rounds where it was clear I should have hit the fairway more often. :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

75 on an easy course. Didn't play horrible just made a couple bad bogeys mainly because I didn't know where bad spots were on the course. I'm starting to really play better golf and hit good shots though.

913 D2 8.5* with V2 66g stiff shaft

910F 14.25 with Diamana stiff shaft

i20 17, 20, and 23 hybrid 

AP2 712 5-PW with Dynamic Gold S300 shaft

54 and 60

D66

Tournament Edition 1600

48 from the tips on my home course. I think I 3 putt 9 out of 9 holes.

HiBore XLS 9.5* Driver

AMP 15* SF 3 Wood

R11 3 and 4 hybrid

AP1 712 5-GW

52* Gap Wedge

SV 56* Wedge

SV 60* Wedge

35" Melbourne Putter

Hex Black Tour

91 with two 8s and a 7.  35 putts.  On the plus side I hit 12 of 14 fairways, got up and down from the sand, and actually hit the ball better than on any round since I came back to the game a year ago.  I'll choose to remember the good shots and not the bad ones.

72.5CR 137slope

I shot 76 today (+4).............and it took me 3 strokes to get down FOUR times with the putter!!!!!!!!!!!!!    (only 2 were official three putts because 2 came from the fringe)....LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

• Administrator

Did a 36 holer today. The am was a despairing 94, the pm I somehow turned around and shot my best score to date, an 80. I also broke forty for the first time with a 38! Must be doing something right these days..

After a disheartening score of 50 (9 holes) last week to start my first year of league play, I managed to get my chipping and putting under control.  I ended up with a 43 gross, which I am happy with, since I am back to playing once a week.  Once I get a few more rounds in, my handicap should stabilize. Right now, it's only reflecting my very best 5 rounds, so I expect it it to creep back up to double digits in the coming months.  A shotgun start on hole five (hole 14, we alternate front/back) had me three off the tee to start the day yesterday, as I duck hooked my first ball of the day into the lake. Luckily, it was the only penalty I incurred for the round.  My drives had distance, but I was pretty much in the first cut on all but two holes, so not too bad.  On a side note, I am really starting to dislike the stock Motore 60 that is in my supertri, as I seem to be having pretty spotty results with it.  I am waiting for a new tip to arrive, so I can reshaft it with my stiffer tipped rombax.

score screen cap.JPG

woooh had a great day yesterday. I was just in the zone. I shot an 82 on a par 71 which included a 40 on the front 9. My personal best round ever. I have shot 82-84 before but my other 82 was during aeration and i probably was too generous for all the gimme putts so i never felt quite right about it and i shot an 84 at the same course before but I reteed off once after not knowing there was water in play and playing the whole dumb so i never felt comfortable in saying that i shot that but yesterday I 100 percent legitimately shot an 82. And i 3 putted way too many times. slowest green I have EVER played so made it real difficult. I was real nervous to give the ball a good crack from only 20 feet but its what i had to do to get it there. i only shot past the whole like twice. but i had 37 puts, I hit the fairway and took a bad bounce into the trees a good 4 times. If i played like i did all the time I'd be a 70's shooter.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Played a new course today and shot a 48 (+12). I played well overall but blew up #3 for a 9. I only missed one fairway but no GIR. My putting was good, no 3 putts. My chipping was also pretty good, almost chipped in on #6. The play was incredibly slow, so I left after 9 holes. I don't think I'll be playing there again because of how the club handled it. I called early this morning to make a tee time for ~11:30. They told me to just come up at that time and they'd get me in. I'm thinking, it's mid day on a Thursday, should be easy to get in. Well, the course was packed with foursomes and they weren't organizing the groups so once you paid you basically just got in line to tee off. No starter, no tee times, very frustrating. The 3 people who played behind me and who I partnered up with said they also called for ~11:30 and were told to just come in. I understand this for a single, but for a group of 3 (a mom, dad, and son)? Poorly handled. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/258311/width/640/height/484][IMG]http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/258311/width/640/height/484[/IMG][/URL]

Driver: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 10.5* Woods: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 3w 15*, 5w 18* Hybrid: TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Rescue -- 4h 21* Irons: TaylorMade Burner Plus -- 5-AW Wedges: TaylorMade RAC -- 56.12, 60.07 Putter: TaylorMade Spider Ghost -- 35" Ball: It's complicated.

I shot a 100 at my cc summit chase, from the blues. 48f, 52 back. The weird thing is I played the front a million times better than the back but the score doesn't reflect it. I carried my bag and walked today which I think wore on me on the back 9. Playing again on Sunday, riding. I expect to shoot lower!

HiBore XLS 9.5* Driver

AMP 15* SF 3 Wood

R11 3 and 4 hybrid

AP1 712 5-GW

52* Gap Wedge

SV 56* Wedge

SV 60* Wedge

35" Melbourne Putter

Hex Black Tour

38 (+3)

Chipped in for birdie on the first hole... Played really well, finally figured out my swing, and i was pounding the ball and flushing irons, it was a fun day..

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Grabbed a quick 9 and shot 33 for a net 29!  Now to do it on a real golf course....

Date: 5/18/12 Handicap Before: 7.7 Handicap After: 7.7
Score Type: Standard Course Handicap: 4 Total Putts : 14
3-Putt Avoidance : 11.1% Putts after GIR : 1.6 Putts per GIR+1 : 1.6
Birdie Putts Made : 57.1% Par Putts Made : 60% Putts after Chip : 2
Scramble : 50% Bogey Scramble : 100% Score on Par 5s : 5
Score on Par 4s : 3.8 Score on Par 3s : 2.5 GIR on Par 3s : 100%
GIR on Par 4s : 83.3% GIR on Par 5s : 0%
Hancock Golf Course
HOLE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 TOTAL
32.6/112
Blue
152 462 357 144 249 324 335 346 264 2,633
Handicap 6 1 5 8 7 2 9 3 4
Par 3 5 4 3 4 4 4 4 4 35
Score 2 5 3 3 5 4 3 3 5 33
+/-
Net Score 2 4 3 3 5 3 3 2 4 29
Fairway 57.1%
Club off Tee PW Hy 4i 9i Hy Dr Dr Dr 6i
Putts 1 1 1 2 3 2 1 1 2 1.6
1st Putt Dist 4 4 5 30 25 10 1 6 15 11.1
Approach Shot 77.8%
Approach Club 5i SW PW SW SW PW SW
Chips 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0.3
Up and Down 50%
GIR 77.8%
GIR+1 100%
Penalty Strokes 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1

Notes

Wind 5-10, in between clubs and long on #4, dumped a ball in the water on #9 from 220 with a 6-iron (what the hell club do you hit off the tee on this hole??!). Chipped on #5, heard someone coming up the hill behind me, so I held my pose in case they were watching, then I looked and realized it was just my push cart rolling downhill at 35 mph. Thankfully it crashed before entering the water or hitting an old lady. 3-putted, then got back into rhythm on the next hole.

Equipment Used

Drivers: TaylorMade R11
Fairway Woods: Titleist PT 906F2
Hybrids: Titleist PT 585.H
Wedges: Cleveland CG10
Wedges: Titleist Vokey 200 Series Raw
Putters: TaylorMade Rossa Corza Ghost
Golf Balls: Srixon Z-Star XV Tour Yellow '11

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing