IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot an 81 on my third 18 hole round in ten years. From the white tees, though. Only 5 GIR. My short game was the bomb!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On Saturday I played beautiful in a traveling mens league that I play in once a month... 74.

scorecard-060212.png

Then on Sunday had a very early tee time - slept in and didn't get to hit any balls before I tee'd off. Β Never felt comfortable all day with my swing plane on my driver/3W - and battled through until the 18th hole. Β I had a mini meltdown and shot 82. Β So frustrating because I went to the range immediately after the round and was flushing the ball. Β Felt like I wasted a round of golf.

scorecard-060312.png

Didn't go out today, but last time I was out I shot an 88. Swing felt good, but my approach shots were not where I wanted them.

callaway.gif Razr Fit 8.5* Stiff

callaway.gif Big Bertha Hawkeye 3W

callaway.gifFT Fusion 2H, 3H

callaway.gifΒ  X-22 Tour 5- PW PX 6.0

vokey.gif SM5 48-08 FG
vokey.gif SM5 54-10 SG

vokey.gif SM5 59-07 SG

39 today on 9, could have been better but could not sink my birdie putts from 10-20ft out.

After a bad tee shot it does not mean the hole is over, it means you have an opportunity to show what you are made of!

• Administrator

http://erik.barzeski.com/rounds/20120605-p289.html

72 at Oak Tree (0.1 index - par 71). I didn't play great, but hit a few shots here and there to save myself. 30 putts isn't bad considering I kept putting myself above the hole. :P

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

shot 42/40 for an 82 at www.airwaymeadowsgolf.com today. pitched in for birdie at 17. nearly holed out for an albatross on #8 from 165 with an 8 iron (then proceeded to miss the eagle putt)

Shot 75 at Magnolia Plantation in Lake Mary, with a double bogey on 18. Bogeyed 2 & 6, then played 7 thru 17 in 1 under. On 18 I pulled it just a bit too much & it rolled into the water. Up until then I was driving the ball great. Hit onto the green & 3 putted. Ugh.

Handicap index dropped from 5.9 to 5.4.

40 today. Missed every fairway, hooked some left, sliced some right, hit some straight shots aimed wrong, it was not good. putting/chipping/100 yards in was good though. Then went to practice holes after to straighten out drive and switched to in to out swing with open stance and drove it straight with 1 minor pull and a miss hit that still ended up straight. What a day.

After a bad tee shot it does not mean the hole is over, it means you have an opportunity to show what you are made of!

74 on Par 68. Not enough GIR to post a lower score. Continually chipping to within 6 feet but missing a few putts- result= par/bogey golf. If irons game gets more consistent it's not inconceivable that I can go lower. It's clear to me that I need to change my mindset from a golfer who goes about trying to save par to one who is actually getting several birdie chances per round.

Had the round of my life since returning to the sport after a ten year layoff. At a 70/127 par 72 course, I shot a 77 :-)

I had 5 legitimate birdie opportunites (inside of 10 feet)Β and missed them all. I did, however, chip one in for birdie that I did not consider a scoring shot.

I never count my strokes until play has ended. My buddie told me I was 2 over after nine and would not stop chanting that I was on fire. I didn't feel on fire. I felt quite fine not having gone through the emotional rollercoaster of bad swings and missed shots. **I never really count on birdie putts as I am quite satisfied with a par**

I followed this round up the next day shooting 7 over on an executive course then an 80 at the course that I had my all time low. I made three birdies all wihtin 10-12 feet.

The worst part about the 80 was that I put one in the drink on h14 and flubbed my driver tee shot on h18 leaving me with over 240 yards to the green with a flag tucked in a corner behind a bunker.

My estimation is that I could have duplicated my 77 but fell short.

What I did learn was that I don't have to swing past 70% effort to get distance and my accuracy remains good and;

I should pitch with whatever wedge I want and not feel like I have to bump and run with different clubs ;-)

Geez.....I played great Monday tee to green but my putter felt like a sledge hammer.Β  (72.5cr 137slope)..........74.Β Β  I missed a 2' putt, a 3' putt, and 4 more inside of 10feet!!!!Β Β Β  Aaaargh....even when I have a good round, I am left scratching my head about what could have been.Β  I turned what should have been a stellar 69-70 into a 74........

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big BerthaΒ Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
-Β CallawayΒ Big BerthaΒ 4-5 Rescue Clubs
--Β Mizuno Mx-25 sixΒ iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I played my best 9 holes ever today. I shot a 43 (+7) on a 33.8/126 at 2,848 yards. Almost everything was good today. Driver was great except for #2 and it was my 4h anyway :-), but it was playable (penalty came on the approach shot). I missed on #7, by all of 3 feet and had a great lie. My irons were good, stuck to within 8 feet on #8. My chips were great, which is why you see a lot of 1 putts. My putting was pretty good until I 3-putted #9. What hurt me most was #6. I had a great drive, great second shot to about 100 yards. My approach shot ended up 15 yards short in the bunker. I didn't follow through on the shot and put it 20 feet closer but still in the bunker. My next shot skulled and flew over the green. I chipped back, then 2-putted. An unfortunate snowman. :-( Thankfully, I gathered myself well and continued the par run. I should have parred #9 but didn't have a good lag putt and the pin position was tough. This was the first time I played here and I absolutely loved it. I was always hitting a different shot. Each tee presented a different challenge or hazard to plan for. Every approach was being played above/below the feet. The greens were just insane. They have 5 sets of tees and the starter was recommending which to go from given your handicap. That's a first, and a welcome first. I told him I had already done my research and knew I belonged at the white tees (black, blue, green, white, red). He was telling me all sorts of stories of high handicappers playing from the tips and the results of it. Apparently, this is the 3rd toughest course in Virginia, the tips are 75.4/152 ([URL=http://imavex.vo.llnwd.net/o18/clients/westhamgolfclub/images/Westham_Scorecard1.jpg]Scorecard[/URL]). [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/269167/width/640/height/481][IMG]http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/269167/width/640/height/481[/IMG][/URL]

Driver: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 10.5* Woods: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 3w 15*, 5w 18* Hybrid: TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Rescue -- 4h 21* Irons: TaylorMade Burner Plus -- 5-AW Wedges: TaylorMade RAC -- 56.12, 60.07 Putter: TaylorMade Spider Ghost -- 35" Ball: It's complicated.

i'm a little late to the party, but my last several rounds were:

the 97 came on a rainy evening when i was the only one on the course. my wife drove the cart, but other than that i didn't have anyone in front of or behind me. i think just relaxing and not feeling like i needed to play at a certain speed or hit my driver to keep up with everyone else.

i know i can score lower, i just have to stop tinkering on the course and play the clubs i know work. if i hit hybrid 3 off of every par 4/5 tee i would save my self 5-10 shots a round probably, not to mention trying to play with wedges and spin instead of just hitting a bump and run with an 8 iron. it looks cool when i stop one, but i waste more shots taking 2 to reach the green from inside 50 because i haven't practiced distance with my 54 and 58.

i play an executive course every weekend now and cut my strokes down by almost 10 the second time out. i am going to play this more because if i get my short game (and putting) better there is no excuse why i should be shooting over 100.

Β G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

Β G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

Β i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

Β i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

Β JPX 800 (5-AW)

Β T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Β Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

Played Furry Creek today (where Happy Gilmore was filmed).Β  Shot a 102.Β  Respectable front 9 followed by a terrible back.Β  Probably had something to do with the adult soda pop

Driver:Adams 9064LS 9.5 *stiff

3 Wood: Nike VRs

Hybrid: Adams A7 19*

Irons: Nike VRs Pro Cavity 4-AW

Wedges: Nike VR Pro 56'

Putter: Nike Method mc3i1

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo

Bag: Ogio Assassin

Played the front nine on the black course. About 3,500 from the tips with some winds really hurts me because I am a short hitter and today I decided to play like a 36 handicap. Shot a 47 with 1 bogey, 3 doubles, and 1 triple. Then I went to the range and worked with one of the pros. Went and played a different nine (easier but still not a walk in the park) and shot one over. I'll never understand this game!

Β 913 D2 8.5* with V2 66g stiff shaft

Β 910F 14.25 with Diamana stiff shaft

Β i20 17, 20, and 23 hybridΒ 

Β AP2 712 5-PW with Dynamic Gold S300 shaft

Β 54 and 60

Β D66

Β Tournament Edition 1600

Β 

Β 

Shot a 96 again, that's two in a row. Topped my rescue a couple times, and two'ed out of the sand twice. Had to take two drops and lost one ball.

Sincerely, Jim

Shot an 87 but had the best eagle look I have ever had so far. Missed the green by about 5 yards to a close to edge pin location. Great line but very slow greens that i didnt account for and came up about 4 feet short.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

shot 109, but it felt good. only 2 slices and the first was off the first tee without any rangetime before teeing off. i hit about 5 drives dead straight and the others were pulls, that went ~250 and were playably left. i hit one 300 and another one i purposefully cut a dogleg left and ended up with a 30 yard shot in.

i also hit a wedge from 70 out to 5 ft.

7 3 putts

1 4 putt

but only 1 one putt, and there should have been more. i rolled at least 5 within inches of the cup but never sunk one.

i gotta get the pull straightened out, i have a feeling pushing with the right hand is going to help but it'll need some range time to try and work on it.

it may sound weird to be optimistic about a 109, but i only had 2 mishit balls and 2 slices, which is a big deal to me and it was the first time i've ever played this course so i'm very happy.

edit:

oh and i played from the back tees, usually i'm a mid tee player.

Β G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

Β G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

Β i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

Β i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

Β JPX 800 (5-AW)

Β T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Β Tracy

My ball is anything on sale