IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot an 80 today and I'm upset. Why? I double bogeyed on 9 and 18 and was in the fringe in two on 9 and hit GIR on 18 ahhh!!

I want to break 80 so badly it hurts.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

I shot my lowest round of 18 this year with 2 over & 74 . 38+36. I won the 1st runner up of my home club members tournament with the fields of 120 people. I had 3 birdies and 5 bogeys and the rest is par . I took a strategy of approach by dividing the 18 holes to 6 segments of 3 holes so that I just need to focus to do well every 3 holes and not the total 18 holes. It really pays off . I m happy with the win but only let down by my putting which I have 2 x 3 putts .total putt of the day is 33. Here are the stuffs that come along with the win .[IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/b711dee8-1aed-fbb7.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/b711dee8-1b07-faa7.jpg[/IMG]
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

77... First round with the new Callaway RAZR Fit driver I picked up.  Very solid driver - was hitting some tight lines off the box!

Now if I could just putt... So many SHORT birdie putts missed.  Ugggh.

scorecard-060812.png

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I finally did it! I broke into the 70's and shot a 79 this morning! Best score ever, now the hard part of staying there. Over the last 10 rounds I've had 2 - 81's and 3 - 82's so it was just a matter of time. Feels good to finally get over that hump. I played really well today, a lot of bogie/par golf. 7 bogies and 11 pars. Missed a few birdie putts and hit GIR 11 out of 18 holes.

Shot an 85, par 72 course that slopes to 129 @ 6,513 yards. +4, 40 on the front (best ever for me) and a +9, 45 on the back. Unfortunately had a triple and 3 doubles :~( , but made 10 pars and my personal best of 5 in a row. Now, if I could only get through a round of golf without any triples!!

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

• Administrator

38 testing out the Callaway uPro mx. It got some of the holes in the wrong order. Was a dinky course, with some crap lies, but whatever. Was mostly there to help the brother in law and tighten up some of my shots. I feel I did that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Good day for me today! shot 76 (39 front, 37 back) had 2 bad holes with double and both were long par 3's, but did make 6 putts out of 15ft.

After a bad tee shot it does not mean the hole is over, it means you have an opportunity to show what you are made of!

Shot a 44 on the front nine. Added a little loft to my RBZ.  Was hitting it at 9, went up a notch to about 9.75.  For the first time since picking the game up again two months ago, I felt comfy driving off the tee.  Grabbed three pars, all of which were missed birdie putts from anywhere from 10-15 feet.  We have a par-3 island hole which I suffered what can only be described as a meltdown, and another par-3 that I found the sand in a very real way.  Had it not been for those two holes, I'm shooting better than bogey golf, which where I want to be for these first couple months back.  In other news, I need a gold buddy that isn't tired after nine.  I need to go ahead and break 90 so I can get started on breaking 85.

In my nike.gif Xtreme IV Carry Bag:

taylormade.gif Driver: Rocketballz Tour: 9.0 degrees

taylormade.gif 3 Wood: Rocketballz: 15.0 degrees

nike.gif Irons: Slingshots: 3 High Launch Hybrid, 4-PW

cleveland.gif Wedges: Reg. 588: 52, 56, 60 degrees

taylormade.gif Putter: Rossa: Daytona 1

titleist.gif Balls: Pro V1

Did not play today, but shot a 81 (again) yesterday, A very disappointing 44 on the front and 37 on the back. The front started bad, went bad in the middle and finished bad, made up for it though, with a solid 7 greens in reg, 2 birdies, one three putt and a horrid double on the back.

Well, I did it. Got out at 6am, and I finally broke 80. Shot a 78. My second last shot, a wedge shot from 53 yards on the gps, was perfect. Before I hit it, I was hoping to finish with a 79, but it was just perfect, landing about 8 feet from the cup, then rolling back about 4 feet to give me an easy birdie putt, which I sunk for my best round ever.

Now, i've got 9 holes with the kid whom im paired with for the Big Brother program at 2. He says he's been practicing all week, and I should be worried, lol.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Originally Posted by ApocG10

Well, I did it. Got out at 6am, and I finally broke 80. Shot a 78. My second last shot, a wedge shot from 53 yards on the gps, was perfect. Before I hit it, I was hoping to finish with a 79, but it was just perfect, landing about 8 feet from the cup, then rolling back about 4 feet to give me an easy birdie putt, which I sunk for my best round ever.

Now, i've got 9 holes with the kid whom im paired with for the Big Brother program at 2. He says he's been practicing all week, and I should be worried, lol.

Well, we got rained out, so Caleb and I switched golf day to tomorrow, which is great, because the wife wants to bring her 'little sister' out to try golf as well, and she has her tomorrow. It'll be a great foursome, as I dont get to play against the wife often, and im sure Caleb and Jenny will have fun competing with each other, as they are both competitive children.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

not a very good day today, yesterday I shot 76, today I shot 41 =\. Iron shots were ok today but driver as all over and putts werent the best.

After a bad tee shot it does not mean the hole is over, it means you have an opportunity to show what you are made of!

Actually was yesterday, but a 90... 49 front, 41 back. I missed a lot of opportunities especially on the front side.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Had a pretty bad day on the course today.  They punched the greens on Monday, so putting was a nightmare and I couldn't hit a GIR to save my life.  Did a lot better with the Srixon Z-Star driver than I have been with the Callaway RAZR X Black though.  We will try it again tomorrow though.

scorecard2.jpg

By some freak of luck, 92. I had a miserable 48 on the front 9 and I was duffing my way around the course, throwing away every chance at GIR and performing poorly off the tee. Somehow I managed to put together a back 9 that included a few pars and a birdie on 17. I barely escaped with a 92. I really need to get back to practicing consistently.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Scored a whopping 6 points in our modified stableford tourney yesterday - 1 par, 7 bogies and 3 triples.

I picked the wrong weekend to struggle finding the fairway(42%) - we finally made up for our lack of rain all year and the rough was punishing for the first time in at least a year.

At least I was a model of consistency with both 9s scoring and putting equally.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L