IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

40 today (par 36) hit pretty well had some slices but did not hurt the score much. missed 4 long putts by inches which made the game a little more exiting!

After a bad tee shot it does not mean the hole is over, it means you have an opportunity to show what you are made of!

94, par 71 from middle tees.

I was happy with it but kinda screwed myself over as I walked up to the 18th tee box.  I added my score up and saw that I had a solid shot at topping 90 for the first time.  I usually par 18 but not this time.  Tee shot in the water, then 4th in the water again and ended up with a 9 on a par 4...  I usually bogey that hole.

I just started playing this season and that was the first time I kept score over a full round.

That 9 on the 18th hole just shows how much of a mental game golf really is for sure.  Was nice to see 90 within reach, hopefully I will hit it soon.

i gave up scoring after the front 9. i guess i had just gotten used to the course i always play and when i went to a different one i just bombed it.

i was easily 120 or more today. oh well, just shows that i can't just stop practicing or slack off if i want to get rid of triple digits.

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

Personal best two under on the first nine Saturday -- easy and short course but still, two under. Backed it up with a four over on the back nine -- totally different layout that was longer and harder with different grass on the greens. There were three distinctly different nines at this place and we played the 1925 and 1990 nines to make our 18. Par 71 and I shot 73. I've never hit the ball so straight.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

43 (+7)

Bogey, Bogey, Par, Par, Par, Par, Par, Double, Triple

Started out rusty, made a great par on a par 5 after driving the ball into the water, then i really played well till hold 17. There i hit it were i shouldn't, i knew the wind would kill a weak hit ball and i did and the ball went short right into the water. I hit a good pitch to 5 feet, but just missed it outside the cup, over read the break. The next hole i try to cut the corner with a draw but hit a pulled shot into a tree and it ended up OB left. I then hit the drive i want on the provisional ball (not sure if the ball kicked OB or not in the tree) right were i wanted to hit my first one, bladed a wedge, hit a wedge to 20 feet, and just mist a double bogey on the high edge of the hole, damn that putt look good for a long time.

Overall pretty decent round, let it get away from me, the game is starting to come together.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot a 92 today.  Played my first round with my Mizuno Wings (logo under bird).  i also used my new driver (Callaway ft-9) hit only one bad drive all day (i topped it because...I swung like crap).  The weather was great and the fairways were just mowed so everything was perfect conditions.  I made a couple really great putts.  My biggest problem was my chipping.  i ket opening the clubface at impact and sending the ball right.  i was very frustrating.  I usually do great with my lob wedge but today was not that day.  52 on the front 9- 40 on the back.

Shot an 82 today which is pretty good for me. Can't help be a bit frustrated though as I had not one, not two, but FOUR 3-putts today. Ouch! Add in a stupid penalty and I could have easily shot a 77. Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

On the plus side the new 20* hybrid I put into play worked out great. Hit 8 GIR which has been my main focus. Off to work on my putting.

“You don't have the game you played last year or last week. You only have today's game. It may be far from your best, but that's all you've got. Harden your heart and make the best of it.”

~ Walter Hagen

I've had an ugly few days of golf. I played 9 holes at Westham (par 36, 67.6/126) on Saturday and shot a 55. Today I played 9 holes with three of my friends at Sycamore Creek (par 35, 67.5/121) and shot a 51. :-( I'm really perplexed as to what is going wrong. I have a big golf day coming up on Saturday morning, so I really need to find some time at the range working through what I'm trying to do.

Driver: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 10.5* Woods: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 3w 15*, 5w 18* Hybrid: TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Rescue -- 4h 21* Irons: TaylorMade Burner Plus -- 5-AW Wedges: TaylorMade RAC -- 56.12, 60.07 Putter: TaylorMade Spider Ghost -- 35" Ball: It's complicated.

89. In the pouring rain. My partner shot a 83. I dont think I haver ever been so cold and wet. At the end, my hands were numb. Thankfully everyone elses were as well. We won our match, barely. It was the hardest i have ever played on that course. No way i can play in a raincoat, but that was ridiculous.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Shot an 80 last saturday!

The course was not difficult, it was a par 67 but I feel that a +13 is excellent for someone who hasn't been playing more than a few months.

All my practice around the green really helped, and never taking any mulligans or moving the ball helped me find my way back when I would hit an errant drive.

It feels great to work your way around a course actually thinking about the shot and setting up for your next shot, not just worrying about getting the ball up in the air.

My wedge play was excellent from 70 yards in and my putting was ok, had a lot of birdie chances I missed though.

My scores went 106 96 96 80, hopefully I can keep this going.

Shot a 107 today. I was adjusting to some new clubs. I have a new 60/8 wedge and it was much much shorter then I expected. Also I have a new 3 wood, but it's actually pretty awesome, but you have to hit a decent first shot to even get a chance to use it lol. I didn't want to ding my new wedge up at the range so I went into today's round not having a clue of how far it would go.

Sincerely, Jim

42 (+6)

Par (Sand Save), Bogey (Three Putt), Double Bogey, Bogey, Bogey, Par, Par, Bogey, Par

Played decent, left some strokes out there on the course...

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

New here bear with me.

Yesterday my buddy and i went out to play a round, i was expecting to either go high 80s or low 90s because the previous weekend i really did not play well. Turns out, i go nuts on his home course with a slope rating of 130 making 12 pars and end up shooting a 76.

I say it was the luckiest round of golf of my life,anybody else have that happen to them before?

I was the first one out yesterday and so didn't get a chance to hit any balls but got to the course with enough time to stretch.  I shot an 88, with my putter saving my butt on the front and kind of letting me down on the back.  On the front 9 I chipped in from about 20 feet from off the green, made a 25 footer and a 15 footer, and made all of my putts under 5 feet, and had no 3 putt holes.  On the back my ball striking was better but by hitting greens I was left with a few longer first putts, a couple of which I left way short and a couple which I put t well past the hole. I had four 3 putts and five 2 putts on the back. I was pleased with 6 GIRs on the back, but after a 15 putt front nine I had 22 on the back.  So, the ball striking has improved with quality range time that I've put in but I just don't have a good place to practice putting as the practice green at the range has long grass and the course I played has a green that doesn't putt much like those on the course.  The big plus was that I played in 2 1/2 hours.  Later in the day the temp in Houston was 105 degrees.

I played in a club tournament over the weekend and had a 77 on Saturday, and an 83 on Sunday.

Driver: Callaway RAZR Fit 9.5* , Aldila RIP’d stiff shaft (60g).

Ping G10 15* Hybrid
Callaway Heavan Wood 19* Hybrid
Putter: T-Line XXIV Tommy Armour

Ping i/3 Irons green dot
Cleveland 60* Lob wedge, Ping 56* Sand wedge, Nike SV Tour Black Satin 52* wedge, Ping 48* wedge.

Ball: TaylorMade

My recent rounds the past 3 days:   72.5CR 137slope Par72....................75-76-71

for me, this is good summer form.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch