IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot an 81. It was a par 71 rated at 67 I beleive. I didnt hit a good drive until hole 10 and that was only decent. I chipped and putted like it wasw nobodys business.

I was 3 over through 9, 2 over through 10 but had a triple bogie on 13 that just killed me. Finished bogie bogie for 81.

It is a new personal best for me but I really would have liked to join the 70's club. Maybe next week :(

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

• Administrator

74 at Fox Meadow . Played really poorly. Was not happy at all with ball striking, shot shape, etc.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Club championship this weekend. I played terribly on Saturday putting me in the consolation bracket. I recovered nicely yesterday, shooting 78 in the morning and 80 in the afternoon.  Won my match and bracket 2up.

In my  bag: 

Diablo Octane Tour 9.5, 18  -  6DT 19 (3I Hybrid) - 

Diablo Forged Irons 5-PW -  Tom Watson wedges 52,56,60 - 64 (generic) 

D.A.R.T. Belly Putter

B330-RX Balls

gave up keeping score pretty quick, it was hot and windy as hell today, but i did get to get some work in with my new low bounce wedge and it was definitely a vast improvement.

first time i played the course, but it was awfully hard and the 60* had no problem getting a good slide under the ball. holding the greens was another story all together though if i was outside of 30 yards. the ball looked like it hit a cart path off a couple greens.

hit a couple of beautiful drives, par-ed a couple holes, but for the most part it was just hideous golf and weather.

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

80 - 38 on the front 42 on the back finishing bogey, double, bogey, and bogey. I am blaming it on the heat.

Driver, G20
Fairway, G20 3W
Fairway, G20 5W
Hybrid, i20
Irons & Wedges, i20

Sand Wedge, Eye 2

Putter, Redwood Piper S

Shot 47 (par 36, 33.5/125). I joined the Twilight Club today at my local course ($50/month, unlimited play after 5pm daily with cart fee). I normally play two 9 hole rounds a week, so this will save me a few bucks and get me on a nicer course than I'm used to. I had trouble chipping and putting today. I'm trying to work in my new 60* and I found myself really inconsistent with it. I hit one nice chip to within 3 feet, but the others came up really short. I'll probably stick to the 56* for now and practice more with the 60* before trying to use it as often. I struggled with both lines and speed in my putting. Now that I'll be playing here more often I figure I'll get a hold of the greens sooner rather than later. On the plus side, a no penalty round. May be my first, I'm not really sure. The fairway misses I had were all very playable, outside of #16 where I had to pitch it back into the fairway for an approach shot. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/292493/width/640/height/483][IMG]http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/292493/width/640/height/483[/IMG][/URL]

Driver: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 10.5* Woods: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 3w 15*, 5w 18* Hybrid: TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Rescue -- 4h 21* Irons: TaylorMade Burner Plus -- 5-AW Wedges: TaylorMade RAC -- 56.12, 60.07 Putter: TaylorMade Spider Ghost -- 35" Ball: It's complicated.

I shot a 92 Sunday and it was a really bizarre round - the best score I've shot in a number of years (until this year, I've only been playing a few times a season since I became a parent and only 3 shots off my best round ever), yet I had no really memorable shots.  I had a few OK drives in the fairway, one 250yds out, one 275, and I hit a few greens in regulation barely so, with my ball stopping on the outer foot or so of the green, and a few good shots with my 3W off the deck including one of about 230 yards that left me 20 yards shy of the green on a par-5.  Otherwise, though, it seemed that every hole I sliced or hooked my tee shot, hit an approach shot 30 yards off the green, pitched or chipped it on the green and mostly 2-putted.  I had a couple of bad holes where I sculled bunker shots sitting on heavily compacted, concrete-like sand and a few 3-putts.  I had a few pars and on the par-5 with the good 3W shot, I sank my 15 foot putt for a birdie, but that's about it.  I played a round of consistently semi-sloppy shots but only a few were worse than bogey (one triple) and had what for me was a good score.  I started out trying to play smart golf, not taking risky shots, but after about the fifth shot that I mishit with a so-called "safer" club, I went back to hitting the more interesting, daring club when it felt right, with little difference in scoring. I only lost one ball the entire round, which is nearly unheard of for me, and that was when I tried to get fancy and hook a shot around a corner on a dogleg and instead of producing a hook, which I usually can do, my strongly held, slightly hooded 4-iron somehow produced a fade into a pond.

It was weird walking off the course with a good score but a pretty blah feeling like I had accomplished a lot less than the last several times I had a 94.

Maybe I should chalk it up to golfing in the mid-90's heat or maybe it was playing cart golf, which I don't like to do but this season I've been riding to accommodate a buddy with a bad knee who can't walk courses any more.

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg. S flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW - Vokey 58 deg. SW -Ping Half Wack-E putter

Shot 83 front 43 back 40, 6529 yards rate 72.6 slope 135, 36 putts,7/14 fairways,10 GIR,net 75, Just didn't hit the ball very well off the tee or approaches,birdied 18 cause I finally discovered my left arm was not straight enough on takeaway (rookie mistake) anyways stuck my third 8" from the cup so that made me feel pretty good,also I'm a longtime Raiders fan and saw Jim Plunkett in the clubhouse, introduced myself and showed him my cool NFL "My Joys" in Raiders colors with the logo. He thought they looked cool also, the starter told me I ought to ask him to sign them but I figured the last thing he probably wanted to do was hold someones shoe that just walked 18 holes.

I shot back to back 81's at Babe Zahairias GC in Tampa. Mostly Pars & Bogeys......no Birdies, but had 4 lip outs on Birdie attempts.

35 (+1)

Par, Par, Par, Par, Par, Birdie, Par, Bogey, Bogey

GIR 6

Putts: 17

Up and Downs: 2

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Shot 51 (par 35, 33.9/125, 2,950 yards). It was my first trip from the blue tees and proved to be difficult. On the par 4s, I had 4h approach shots and even a 5w tossed in there. It makes me feel like I should stick to the white tees until I either gain distance, or start teeing off with the driver again. I was actually kind of surprised I shot a 51. Yesterday I shot a 47 from the white tees, although that was on the back which is certainly more difficult than the front. Regardless, I felt kind of lost. I guess it's back to the white tees for me. Another day of poor putting. I spent some time on #7/#8 practicing my putting after I holed out. My chipping was better as I left the 60* in the bag and only worked with the 56* around the greens. Still not good, but much better than yesterday. Overall my progress has really slowed down. I started well over the 36.4 max handicap in February and cut it to 22 in May. Since, I don't feel like I've made much progress. I think it's because I go out and play 9 holes every time, instead of hitting balls like I used to. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/292776/width/640/height/482][IMG]http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/292776/width/640/height/482[/IMG][/URL]

Driver: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 10.5* Woods: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 3w 15*, 5w 18* Hybrid: TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Rescue -- 4h 21* Irons: TaylorMade Burner Plus -- 5-AW Wedges: TaylorMade RAC -- 56.12, 60.07 Putter: TaylorMade Spider Ghost -- 35" Ball: It's complicated.

After playing an evening 2-man scramble, a friend and I end the day at -1 through nine. This isn't very impressive, but it was a nice change of pace. Fairly relieving to always have a shot in the fairway, or green. The highlight, however, was an approach shot I hit from 110 out. I managed to roll it inside 3 ft. As a person who depends on a big driver to score, it was nice to show a sliver of skill.

L4V 9* Stiff flex

3W-PW Reg Flex

RBZ Clone 54* Apollo Black Steel Reg Flex

Custom Bionik 504 set for crossgrip

Cart Bag or  Stand Bag

Z Star XV or  TP Black LDP to show off

Shot a 38 (+2) tonight during mens league. Actually played really well, had 4 birdie putts lip out, just one of those nights they weren't falling. On our last hole it is an uphill short par 4 with a small pond in front of the tee box, only about 25 yards wide and I duffed my 3 wood into it. Re-hit my tee shot into nice position about 60 yards out, stuck my shot into the green around 6' and sunk my putt to save a nice bogie. Was frustrated about duffing it into the water but thrilled I still saved bogie.

Did a online tournament on the Golf Sim in my friends bar.  You can't mulligan or cheat.   +8 on 18 which put my Sim Handicap at +8.7.

I'm much better on the Sim than the course.  You always have a perfect lie and never loose the ball in deep grass lol.  Plus sand is a joke. And so is rough and "deep rough".

Only thing is.  IF you get in trees on the sim you are SCREWED.  You can NOT go through even a leaf.  The collision detection is either 100% blocking you or clean.  There is no "leaf slows you by 5%... its "Pine needle you grazed just sent your 3 wood 90 Degrees to the right 150 yards"  LOL.

Yesterday I shot a 74! Sure my course is a short par 67 but I did it anyway. For someone who was shooting in the 90's two months ago I think I have improved a lot! I've only been playing since I've been a member here and I hope that if I keep improving at this rate maybe I will be able to play varsity golf this year in my senior year of high school.

• Administrator

75 at a dinky little course. 33 putts but hit 12 GIR (and the others weren't far off). Literally made nothing. No bad putts either - just stayed high or didn't have the speed exactly right to dive into the hole, etc. No birdies. 12 good chances at them. :P

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

75.1cr 141 slope

a par of 76's............tue and wed/today.   that makes it 4 rounds in a row that I shot the exact same score. .....................each round was very different, but the end result was the same.  I played great and 76 was the worst possible score possible.....and I struggled and pulled the round out with birdies and an eagle at the end......all with the same final score. LOL

Whatta game...

• Upvote 1

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

81, Rate 72.6, slope 135, 6529

39 frnt, 42 back, putts 34,fw 5, gir 11

Not a good day driving the ball but the fairways missed were only slightly off on 3 of them. putting was fairly consistent only one 3 putt and I was 80' away to start and downhill plus the greens at my course are very firm and fast if I knocked it 5 feet past the cup it was off the false front and 75 yards away.Getting better though because 10 of the last 20 scores are indexed below 10 lowest is 4.3. 2 birdies