IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I stopped recording hole-by-hole stats for 2012............I've recorded enough damn stats for 1 year!!  However....I am doing a new experiment:  I stopped playing the tips and will play 1 set forward for the remainder of the year.

6564yds 72.5cr 137slope

81-72-76 are my scores so far.......

My index stayed between 0.0-0.4 from July 1-Sept1 playing exclusively from the tips so I am interested to see how much it will climb.  I think it has to go up playing easier tees.  There is just too much trouble out there to score consistently lower.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Played back 9 at City Park in Denver, CO. Shot a 44. Could have been better with a few more GIRs. Only one 3 putt (last hole...err).

In the Puma Orange Formation Stand Bag:

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ (10.25)

Fairway Woods: Callaway Diablo Octane (3,5,7,9)

Irons: Mizuno JPX 800 Pro (6-PW) 

Wedges: Mizuno JPX (50, 55, & 60)

Putter: Odyssey Versa #1

Ball: Titleist DT Solo

Kissena Park, Flushing (Queens) NY

Par 64 62.2/104

I shot a 77 today and probably could have scored a few strokes less, but the greens had been aerated recently and every putt bounced around like a ping pong ball. Then again, I hit two drives into neighboring fairways, and wound up making GIRs and par both times.

TaylorMade Burner Driver (2009) 9.5 degree, Stiff
TaylorMade R7 3 Wood, Stiff 
Nike VR Pro Hybrid 21 degree, Stiff 
Mizuno MX23 4-PW, Rifle shafts, Reg
Nike SV 52-56-60 wedges (ILLEGAL!)
NeverCompromise mallet putter (OLD)
Srixon AD-333 or Titleist Pro V1

Today I shot 89. That's a 50 on the front and a 39 (bogey on 18) on the back. I think I have golfing multiple personalities, and they can't decide who gets to play any given day.

Callaway Big Bertha 10.5

Callaway X2Hot Hybrids 16*, 22*, 25*

Callaway XR Irons 6-AW

Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54*,59*, 64*

Odyssey Metal-X Milled Rossie Putter

Bag Boy Revolver LE bag

Bag Boy Quad cart

http://redbridgegolfclub.com/photo-gallery.php

I played Red Bridge in Locust, NC today. I shot an amazing..............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!             130...... :(

Worst round of the year by 26 strokes.... Every drive in the woods, except those I hit with my 3 wood or hybrid... duff after duff, couldn't hit the irons worth a hoot..... I suppose I have to get used to the new driver, and I haven't played in 3 weeks... but sheesh....

It was a regression for sure... hehehe. Playing again tomorrow, although I expect the kinks will be worked out after today. I showed sincere improvement in the last few holes. Obviously, my mind wasn't fully on the game.

Driver: :adams: Speedline F11 9.5* loft 3 Wood: :adams: Speedline F12 15* Hybrid: :adams: Idea Super Hybrid 17* - Used in place of my 5 wood Hybrid: :adams: Idea A1 i-wood 21* Irons: :adams: Idea A1 5-PW Wedges: :adams: Watson 52*, 56*, 60* Wedges Putter: :tmade: Rossa Lambeau, Black

Shot a 40 on front 9 and a 40 on back with 3 birdies on the day. Even though I didn't hit the ball extremely well or long, I still managed to make 3 birdies! I was so close to finally breaking 80 today.

Phillip

Played the worst 18 holes since I started golf. I worked too hard hitting hundreds of golf balls each day for the last four days preparing for this. Next time I will rest a couple days. My shoulder is cramping during the backswing. This makes me rush. No matter how hard I concentrate on ignoring the pain, same thing. Got a few good shots in, but to no avail. Golf is so addicting, what makes some of us work so hard?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

I stopped recording hole-by-hole stats for 2012............I've recorded enough damn stats for 1 year!!  However....I am doing a new experiment:  I stopped playing the tips and will play 1 set forward for the remainder of the year.

6564yds 72.5cr 137slope

My index stayed between 0.0-0.4 from July 1-Sept1 playing exclusively from the tips so I am interested to see how much it will climb.  I think it has to go up playing easier tees.  There is just too much trouble out there to score consistently lower.

Sandbagging in advance of the club championship?

Very savvy!

81 front 38 back 43 par 72 rate 73.4 slope 137 Played a solid front side and then got on that bogey train on the back and just couldn't get off it until I birdied the 14th hole for the first time in 50+ rounds!!!!Anyways more importantly I took my first lesson in about 20 years and wow what a difference a trained eye was able to find and fix in just 1 day. I know I still have to hit a few thousand more balls before I fully reap some of the benifits but I can already tell a difference after just a few hundred balls. My iron play was so damn erratic cause I basically had a block swing instead of playing the ball more properly I always depended on some perfect timing instead of sound fundamentals, should have done this 4 months ago I think I would be close to a 3 by now.

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

6564yds 72.5cr 137slope

Maybe but your slope rating at 137 is still fairly high and if I remember these tees are about 500 yards shorter, I just can't believe completely that my index would go down playing from 7000+ tees and a 142 slope there is like 3 holes that are close to a stroke harder from these tees versus the next ones up.

I played 9 yesterday and shot a 51.

I left a lot of strokes on the table.  I had 3 birdie opportunities and ended up with a double bogey on each of them.

Driver:    SLDR TP 9.5* (Tour AD DI 6S)

Wood:   Jetspeed 3W (Aldilia RIP Alpha) & SLDR 5W (Diamana Kai'li)

Hybrids: Rescue 11 3H (18*) & Rescue 11 4H (21*)

Irons:     Rocketbladez Tour 4-PW

Wedge:   ATV 52* & 58*

Putter:   Bettinardi Signature 6

Played Lake Wright in Norfolk Va.   6,189 yds 69.3   116

shot 88 , not bad for first time on course. Winds were gusty to 25 mph off Chesapeake Bay.

course in good condition, greens were hard and fast with clean sand in bunkers.

Played bogey golf today. Was always at the point where I had to 1-putt for par. I was hitting well.. just not extremely sharp. My short game really saved me though.. I'm pleased with it.. it's what I've been struggling with. Those 58* pitches and chips.. Mmmmm.

Played with 3 gents that were solid. 270 drives, great contact throughout, was fun.

What's In My  Stand Bag

Driver:  FT-iZ 9*

Hybrids: C3 3,4,5

Irons: C3 6-GW

Wedges: C3 58*/8 and 54*/12

Putter:  blade

Ball: Gamer V2

http://cdn.thesandtrap.com/0/0d/150x50px-LL-0d81d772_tst_award_kickstarter_otm.png

73 at Casselberry GC. Get this - I missed the first 6 greens, got up & down every time. Finally started hitting greens but then couldn't make a putt.

Wow - that dropped my hc index to 4.9. That's my lowest is quite a while.

ahoo! Handicap Rating is 4.9
Click score to edit/view details. last updated Sep 15, 2012
Course Score Date
Casselberry Golf Club 73 * Sep 15, 2012
Dubsdread Golf Course 77 * Sep 12, 2012
Dubsdread Golf Course 81 Aug 22, 2012
Bella Collina CC 72 * Aug 18, 2012
Dubsdread Golf Course 81 Aug 17, 2012
Grand Cypress Resort - North/South 82 * Jul 4, 2012
Dubsdread Golf Course 80 Jun 13, 2012
Magnolia Plantation 75 * Jun 5, 2012
Casselberry Golf Club 71 * Apr 11, 2012
Casselberry Golf Club 71 * Apr 4, 2012
Casselberry Golf Club 77 * Mar 31, 2012
Rivertowne CC Charleston 82 Mar 21, 2012
Charleston National Country Club 84 Mar 20, 2012
Links at Stono Ferry, The 85 Mar 19, 2012
Dunes West Golf Club 82 Mar 18, 2012
Charleston National Country Club 80 * Mar 17, 2012
Dubsdread Golf Course 77 * Oct 27, 2011
Rolling Hills Golf Club 81 Oct 19, 2011
Dubsdread Golf Course 80 Oct 12, 2011
Rolling Hills Golf Club 80 Oct 5, 2011
Rolling Hills Golf Club

I shot a 109 today. Not my best round by a little bit, but definitely better than yesterdays 130.

I actually got my swing plane down to a better angle rather than the steep one. Smooth is fast and fast is smooth, someone said to me today. Excellent follow through rotation which felt more like proper rotation around center. It enabled me to get more consistent contact with the ball. I hit a 280 and a 300 yarder today. It felt very good. I subsequently finished both holes with Fairways hit, GIR, and Par! :) 4 Pars and 4 bogeys with a few doubles.

The problem is that I blew up on just about every par 5. Errant drives off of the last forced me to a 12! I scored a 10 on another and also a 9 with a few other less disastrous scores in there. Double Pared a Par 3 :(

All in all, I could see how well I can play when I give it the time and concentration. Its good improvement, despite the score, but I've got to get a hold of those errant tee shots. THAT actually killed me more than my short game today, which was a lot better. Putting still not there, but chipping and pitching was much more successful. I think I have a little work to do to get used to the new driver, but I'm happy. :)

Driver: :adams: Speedline F11 9.5* loft 3 Wood: :adams: Speedline F12 15* Hybrid: :adams: Idea Super Hybrid 17* - Used in place of my 5 wood Hybrid: :adams: Idea A1 i-wood 21* Irons: :adams: Idea A1 5-PW Wedges: :adams: Watson 52*, 56*, 60* Wedges Putter: :tmade: Rossa Lambeau, Black

43 (+8, 69.1/129). First round with a new ball, was pretty happy with it. I played well overall. Had a few poor shots which cost me strokes. I used an 8i for chipping today, instead of an AW, and had really good results. Happy to be able to get closer to the cup from around the green. The greens were just punched on Monday, so putting was pretty insane. I had a few putts that hit pebbles and went off on a tangent, it was pretty rough. Actually happy with how many putts I had given the conditions. I think my chipping was a direct result of that.

Driver: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 10.5* Woods: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 3w 15*, 5w 18* Hybrid: TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Rescue -- 4h 21* Irons: TaylorMade Burner Plus -- 5-AW Wedges: TaylorMade RAC -- 56.12, 60.07 Putter: TaylorMade Spider Ghost -- 35" Ball: It's complicated.