IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Agree with the par 5 comment above..each 5 today i was just out of sync..my hybrids really killed my solid positioning. 4 pars and a 109? Should show you that yes..you are able to play well and get the job done..just need to be consistent. Good luck! I'm right there with you..although I shot about 15 strokes less.

What's In My  Stand Bag

Driver:  FT-iZ 9*

Hybrids: C3 3,4,5

Irons: C3 6-GW

Wedges: C3 58*/8 and 54*/12

Putter:  blade

Ball: Gamer V2

http://cdn.thesandtrap.com/0/0d/150x50px-LL-0d81d772_tst_award_kickstarter_otm.png

Shot a 40 today on the front nine with 4 bogeys and a double with one birdie YIKES!  So I knew I had to kick it up on the back and I shot a 35 even par with Par on every hole on the back for a total of 75.  I had a scare after the front 9 seeing as I haven't shot 80 in the longest time and don't plan on doing that crap again.

Originally Posted by Goonsidious

Agree with the par 5 comment above..each 5 today i was just out of sync..my hybrids really killed my solid positioning.

4 pars and a 109? Should show you that yes..you are able to play well and get the job done..just need to be consistent. Good luck! I'm right there with you..although I shot about 15 strokes less.

Consistency is an issue, and I would have broken 100 today were it not for those errant holes. A 10, 12, and a 9 and 2 putts on them all. The way I was scoring lined me up for a 95. I could have done it, because those three scores were the highest I have shot in months. I had a few other higher scores in there, but not that bad.  I played a round a few weeks ago not shooting above 6 but three times or so, but no 9s or 10s. If I did that today, I would have broken 100. :)

Lessons to learn. But I'm close. Feels good. :)

Driver: :adams: Speedline F11 9.5* loft 3 Wood: :adams: Speedline F12 15* Hybrid: :adams: Idea Super Hybrid 17* - Used in place of my 5 wood Hybrid: :adams: Idea A1 i-wood 21* Irons: :adams: Idea A1 5-PW Wedges: :adams: Watson 52*, 56*, 60* Wedges Putter: :tmade: Rossa Lambeau, Black

Walked 9 today. Overcast, humid but cool, and a little drizzle. Shot a 37 on a par 35. Best 9 holes ever.....yea me!

My Bag:

Burner 9.5

X 3&5 Woods

DCI Gold 3- PW(48*) + 52* Vokey wedge

56* sand wedge

Cushin Putter

76 on a Par 70.  Only hit 28% greens and 43% of my fairways... But was able to scramble 54% of the time.  Uggh... This course was so short and the greens were the size of a small two car garage... And it was windy. LOL

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Drives were really good distance wise. I hit 8/14 fairways although all but two others were right off the edge of the fairway. So I am really becoming more and more confident on the tee box.

I had 3 three putts, and 5 one putts.  The rest were two putts.

I really need to work on my longer irons and hybrids.  That is where I am dying right now

Driver:    SLDR TP 9.5* (Tour AD DI 6S)

Wood:   Jetspeed 3W (Aldilia RIP Alpha) & SLDR 5W (Diamana Kai'li)

Hybrids: Rescue 11 3H (18*) & Rescue 11 4H (21*)

Irons:     Rocketbladez Tour 4-PW

Wedge:   ATV 52* & 58*

Putter:   Bettinardi Signature 6

84 , Par 70, 72.2/129, 6622yds

Had a rough round today, didn't hit many greens.  Really windy with gusts up to 45KM/h at times.  It was really bad on the front 9 where I shot +11.  The wind died down a bit and I was +3 on the back 9 which was actually better than my previous round at this course.

Brad

39.  Par 33 Executive Course (Penmar Golf Course, Mar Vista, CA). Pretty stoked, best round at this course yet.  Had two double bogeys, one was due to a 3 putt and one because it took me four shots to get on the damn green (topped my second shot and my pitch shot fell short of the green).

In My Bag:

:tmade: 9.5˚ Rocketballz | :callaway: 15˚ X-Hot 3 Wood :tmade: ran TP (3-PW) | :vokey: Vokey 52˚ & 56˚ | :odyssey: White Smoke MC-72 

Went out as a single yesterday and shot +1 (73) at 70.8/134 (6950 yds) rated course.

I am hoping to keep this good play going next week.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

72.5CR 137 slope (par36-36-72)

Sunday: ..........76

Today/Monday: 72.......39-33 (with two 3-putts)!!!  I ended my first nine terribly, but I got on a nice roll on the back.  I hit the ball great today, but p!ssed away a couple strokes at the end.

• Upvote 1

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Shot a 91, (Par 72, 69.5/123).  A real mixed bag with 4 pars, 2 drives OB, 2 balls in water hazards, sand on 6 holes and 34 putts (zero three+ putts.)

TaylorMade Burner Driver (2009) 9.5 degree, Stiff
TaylorMade R7 3 Wood, Stiff 
Nike VR Pro Hybrid 21 degree, Stiff 
Mizuno MX23 4-PW, Rifle shafts, Reg
Nike SV 52-56-60 wedges (ILLEGAL!)
NeverCompromise mallet putter (OLD)
Srixon AD-333 or Titleist Pro V1

I played Beaver/Bear twice this weekend in Breckenridge, CO. 96 on Saturday and 99 on Sunday. Played from further tees from than usual, so I was happy with my scores. The Nicklaus design is a little tougher than CityPark in Denver.

In the Puma Orange Formation Stand Bag:

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ (10.25)

Fairway Woods: Callaway Diablo Octane (3,5,7,9)

Irons: Mizuno JPX 800 Pro (6-PW) 

Wedges: Mizuno JPX (50, 55, & 60)

Putter: Odyssey Versa #1

Ball: Titleist DT Solo

Rock Creek Golf Course - Par 36  3030 yds. 35.5/106

Haven't played this course in a while. Wanted to play a different course today. Yesterday I shot a 37 (2 over) on my home course so I wanted to see if this was a fluke. Shot a 40 (4 over). Seems like practicing is starting to pay off. I hit 6 fairways, 3 GIR, and had 15 putts.

My Bag:

Burner 9.5

X 3&5 Woods

DCI Gold 3- PW(48*) + 52* Vokey wedge

56* sand wedge

Cushin Putter

43 on back 9 at City Park this morning. Started off with a birdie. Could have been lower but I'll take it for teeing off with the sunrise at 6:30 before work. I'm feeling like I should be able to break 40 on that course real soon.

In the Puma Orange Formation Stand Bag:

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ (10.25)

Fairway Woods: Callaway Diablo Octane (3,5,7,9)

Irons: Mizuno JPX 800 Pro (6-PW) 

Wedges: Mizuno JPX (50, 55, & 60)

Putter: Odyssey Versa #1

Ball: Titleist DT Solo

Not bad by my standard. And I'm even more pleased since I was out in CA playing Lake Chabot which is super hilly --- I almost never get my distances right!

Very solid round, 38 (+2)

Par, Bogey, Par (sandy), Par, Par, Bogey, Birdie, Par, Bogey

Didn't drive the ball well, but had some pretty solid wedge play and putting..

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Had a very interesting round the other day.  I was playing the Talking Stick South in Scottsdale.  Got out to a decent start and shot a 38 on the front (birdie, double, bogey) and then went to the back.  Something happened on the drive over from the front to the back because things immediately went haywire.  My driver just completely fell off and came out with a nasty snap hook.  Didn't get much better from there.  Ended up shoot a 56 (had a quad bogey and several other disasters).  I had never had a round just explode like that.

I have attributed this blow up to playing too much.  This was my 7 round in 6 days and I just hit a wall.  This was one of the wilder experiences on a course for me.  It is just crazy how your body can stop operating properly :)

Curious if anyone else has had a round where you play to handicap and then drop nearly 20 strokes on the back.  This is why we play the game.