IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Last round of the year. Didn't play stellar myself, but I wasn't too much of a hinderance to the group either. We played in a 4 person best ball (2 lowest net scores on each hole) and won by 5 strokes. It was a little awkward since I'd been somewhat vocal about sandbagging earlier in the year. Oh well, at least by next year nobody will even remember who I am. Have a great off season my fellow Canadians (both of you).

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I hit a 45, on a par 5 9 hole course. Lovely course and just keep going back. Had it not decided to start throwing it down, I'd have played another 18.

TOP - HOLE

MIDDLE - PAR

BOTTOM - SCORE

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
4 4 4 4 3 5 5 3 4
6 6 4 5 3 6 5 4 5

It's annoying 3 putting. I do well to get onto the green, but putting is driving me insane at the minute.

I'm proud to say that I have went from a 26 hcp to 17.6 hcp in the past 3 mths. I used to play all the time years ago. Then life took over. Didn't play for 12 years. Just started back last Fall and it was like starting all over again. Bought some PING G20 irons and have been playing about 1 or 2 times a week. Heading to Panama City this week for golf and relaxation.

Big Daddy Joe

In My Bag

G 20 Irons

Diablo Tour Balls, Lots and Lots of Balls

St Andrews Golf.......The Joe Jemsek Course this morning.

Played from the blues. (tips) 6770 yds 72.0/122

I played the Hex Black tour for the first time and really liked it. Didn't play all that great on the front. (Tee'd off just before sunrise. Was still a bit cold) Putted like crap all day. Some greens still had enough dew on them to give the ball a rooster tail. Other greens were as dry as a bone. Never could figure out speeds. Did manage to salvage a decent round on the backside.

Ended up with a 94 for the day. Lost to my buddy who shot 89.

Par 72 rate 72.6 slope 135 Shot a 77 for my first full 18 since taking a lesson and going through a significant swing change 3 weeks ago. I think this time next year if all goes well I'll be down to a 2 or 3.

Of course it's the end of the season and I'm finding a fantastic improvement ramp over the last couple weeks.

9 holes on Saturday - 44

18 holes on a legit par 72 course (not some short/easy exec course, probably a decent middle length/middle difficult course, on Sunday - front was a 40 which I would take ANY day of the week.  the back was a 37!!!  Sometimes there are days where things just keep going right - this time it was approach shots and putting - even the driver was good, when I missed, it wasn't by much compared to normal.  This is the best 18 I've shot this year.  I'm typically 88/89 on this course.  And it was even kind of windy which normally throws me way off.

I like my new driver.  And the lessons I've learned in the last few weeks about club choices and swing path.

practice is now two main items -

1 - more driver debugging (I'm so close and I like my new driver a lot) - I'm a little shorter than my last driver, but the shots are straighter in general - first use here, hadn't even hit the range with it.  And shorter could just be the windy day.

2 - that "under 50 yards up to the fringe" shooting - I really have no clue.  I am choosing to putt from the very fringe instead of chip/pitch and that seem to be a MUCH better choice.  but the rest of it, I'm guessing on my club/shot choice - chip it up with a 7/8i vs pitch it with the SW or PW, etc etc etc. on the little short shots (within 20 feet of the green edge) are even worse.  Lessons this winter I'm hoping.  But I played with it a lot this time and learned a few things too (hit the official shot, but then take a few balls and just try the other options to compare).

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played Rammler yesterday, I hit over 100 again.  It was my first time out since the end of July (newborn at home).  my first 4 holes were pathetic, it was like I hadn't learned a thing in the past year, then I started relaxing and hitting some decent shots.  Then at 8 I caught up to the pack.  A hole with a foursome teeing off and three guys behind them.  They didn't let me play through even though I was by myself and I trailed these people all day after.  I was getting frustrated by it even though I knew I shouldn't.

In my bag:
Driver - Diablo Octane 10.5*
Fairway Wood - Diablo Octane 15*
Hybrid -  Edge 21*
Irons - X20's 4I - 9I
Wedges - X20's PW/SW
Putter - White Ice 1
Ball - Warbird

40-40 = 80. Missed a downhill 3 1/2 footer for 79. Had 3 bad shots that kept me from going low. Third 80 in my last 6 rounds.

Driver: Cleveland Launcher DST

Hybrid: Cleveland Mashie 3H

Irons: Cleveland Launcher

Wedges: Cleveland cg 15 46, 52, 56, 60

Putter: Odyssey tour black

Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

76 (par 72 course, 6800 yds).  I was even up to 16th hole.  I was debating whether to hit a 3 iron on the 17th hole because it's down hill and only 380 yds.  Against my good judgment, I decided to go with the driver since I was hitting it well all day.  Lo and behold, I hit a draw and the ball trickles into the native rough.  Ended up with a triple bogey on the 17th and 3 putted 18th for +4!

Except for the last two holes, it was a great day--4 bogeys and 4 birdies for 16 holes.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I shot 39-42=81. On the front, I had three consecutive birdies. Four double bogeys helped push my round into the eighties.

Callaway Big Bertha 10.5

Callaway X2Hot Hybrids 16*, 22*, 25*

Callaway XR Irons 6-AW

Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54*,59*, 64*

Odyssey Metal-X Milled Rossie Putter

Bag Boy Revolver LE bag

Bag Boy Quad cart

I'm not sure what I shot today, but my first 9 was horrible, but I got some redemption on the last 9 and played pretty well ,I had 21 points for the day and was wrapped, a lesson tomoz morning and ill see how that pans out

R11s driver 

R11s 3 wood

Rescue 11 3  18*

Rescue 11 4  21*

MP-59 5-pw

ATV wedge 54* 60*

Metal-X 2 ball putter

3.0 buggy

DX-3 ball

FLX glove

Shoes

Towel

Oakley antix sunglasses 

solar umbrella 

Well I shot 103 today and I was happy as, cut 15 shots off my last round.

R11s driver 

R11s 3 wood

Rescue 11 3  18*

Rescue 11 4  21*

MP-59 5-pw

ATV wedge 54* 60*

Metal-X 2 ball putter

3.0 buggy

DX-3 ball

FLX glove

Shoes

Towel

Oakley antix sunglasses 

solar umbrella 

Shot an 82 on a par 71 course that slopes only to 112 and a 66.30 rating. Should have been much better though as I was +2 after 9, but found a couple hazards on the back and stopped making pars :~(

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

First round in over a month and shot a 98. Par is 72, course rated at 69.8 and slope rating of 133. Hit only 2 fairways, but 6 GIR and shot 1 over on those six holes. Also carded two 8s and two 7s :-(. Lost six balls in the trees under the leaves. Apparently my game relies too much on being able to find stray tee shots and being able to put them back into play. Gotta work on my accuracy, seems pretty clear that more GIR will lead to lower scores.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Par 72 rate 73.4 slope 139 Shot another 79 wich of course is good news by itself but also my index will likely be below 5 after revision( I think 4.7 or 4.8). This was my goal for this year, I started at an 8.7 in april and it looks like I'm gonna wind up 4 strokes better, next year I would like to get below 3.

Played 18 yesterday for the first time in a month. Shot a 88. Putting will become more a part of my practicing.....

My Bag:

Burner 9.5

X 3&5 Woods

DCI Gold 3- PW(48*) + 52* Vokey wedge

56* sand wedge

Cushin Putter

I was hitting some laser beams today at the flag... My approach on 16 was inches from going in...  All three birds were inside 5ft.

I hit a decent approach on the 2nd out of the rough, but just picked a little too much club and it flew out of the rough better than I thought it would.  Ended up in the trap - short sided with a terrible lie.  I tried to dig it out, but it came out with no spin and ran through the narrow green into the bunker on the opposite side.  Walked away with a dub.  Then on the next box, proceeded to block a 3W off the tee into the lateral hazard.  Took a drop, hit a wedge to 5ft, and missed the putt.

Overall, my misses weren't bad at all.  I just failed to hit the right distance on a few holes - came up short a few times.  And then didn't shape the shot as much as I thought I would on a few.  I'm pretty pleased with today's round.  I hit some great shots.