IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot 80 at my home course today. 6500 yard (played the blues) par 71. Struck the ball okay (11 GIR) but had 36 putts. They aerated half the greens and the others that weren't were extremely slow.

Taylormade 425 R7 Driver- Tour stiff Cobra AMP 3 wood- Stiff Titleist 704 CB irons 2-PW Cleveland 588 wedges- 56 and 60 Ping Pick Em Up- belly putter Taylormade Penta 5 balls

Played a casual 18 this afternoon, shooting 10 over 78. No birdies unfortunately (2 lipped out).

FIR for me is on the up which is great to see. Short game is pretty well honed in so heres hoping my hcp can drop another couple of digits in the next 6 months.

Played nicely and shot 75 ( par 71) at my home course, The Army GC In Hampshire, England. Chipped and putted well but still 3 putted 7th and 15th and failed to get up and down at the 14th otherwise it would have been my lowest round!! arrrghhhh

Had one of the strangest rounds I've ever had today. Started birdie-birdie and should have birdied the 3rd, then proceeded to play like I'd never picked up a club before with 2 doubles and 2 triple bogeys, both on par 3s. Another birdie on 10 and a few pars later I ended up with 87.

How I can go from birdies to triple bogeys in the space of 2 holes is slightly worrying, shows a real lack of concentration.

Started on the back.  Fired a very nice but a bit unlucky 39.  Could have been 37 or 38 pretty easily.

I followed that up with a 48 on the front.  Yikes.

I really don't want to talk about it. I made 2 birdies (#1 and #10) and still had the worst round of the season. Good news is, the weather was perfect. Grande Dunes Resort Course, MB, SC from the Blues.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In Las Vegas today it was cold and winds where up to 30 mph with 45 mph gust, so I ended up just playing a muni nine hole par three course in town. It's the first course I've ever played on so it was cool to play it again. I par'd the first three holes, then the next three I double Bogey, I closed it out with two bogeys and a par to end up with a 35. I was pretty happy because the times I've played there it was usually 6's across the board.

Shot 86 today.   Decided to play the white tees, and it made a big difference in my ability to get within range of the longer par 4's  but didn't make much difference in my score, but mainly because my short game was not as sharp today.

Our club has extremely difficult greens. VERY fast and very sloped, making downhill puts (or chips) harder than any other ourse I've ever played.  There are some greens where you might be (from 25 ft or so) putting level to a point where a downslope begins, and even if you putt (slow enough) to the point where it barely begins down the slope, it will roll past the hole 15 feet or more, possibly even off the green.

If you had putted any softer, the ball would never get the point where it could start down the slope, leaving you 20 ft short.

In other words, it's impossible to get te ball close (unless you knock it in by some miracle)

Our course has about 10 or 12 greens like this.   The locals know to NEVER hit to those impossible points... sometimes you're actually better off to hit an approach shot to the green to land short of the green to prevent hitting to the higher parts of the green.

The greens are very much like Pinehurst #2... mounds which feed the ball off the green...  on all sides of the green.  It's like trying to land a ball on top of a Volkswagen bug.

so, that was today.

Trying to improve my game, focusing on playing smarter.

It got up to 69 degrees in St. Louis today, so I made it a point to go out and play my first round of the year. My goals for this year are to finally break 100, and to start scoring in the 90's with some consistency. My previous best score at this particular par 72 course was a 104. Today, I shot a 102! Had a truly piss poor front nine, firing a 55. Had a far better back nine, in at 47. Love this game!

After todays round, i think ive finally dulled down my horrific slice

Hit 8/13 fairways, 3 were just off the fairway, 2 were sliced. Very pleased with that effort. And with the better FIR % i managed to hit more GIR which resulted in a 6 over 74 at my home course, a new best for me.

Have purchased some TM R7 irons that are going to be here next week so i can only hope i will consistently hit sub 80 scores from here on in

2013 certainly shaping up to be a good year it seems.

I think 84 because it was in a tournament that used the stableford system got 16 points though 1 eagle and 2 birdies.

rate 72.6 slope 135, this was my first full round since turning my ankle and getting what I believe is a high ankle sprain, it hurts to fully shift my weight to the outside of my left foot so I'm afaraid my index is on it's way up for a few months.

I'm embarrassed to say.  But it never got up to 40 degrees, it was windy, and the sun stayed behind the clouds all day making it feel even colder.  And I shot 18 strokes higher than I did 2 days previously when it was in the low 60's and calm.  And that was WITH parring the last 2 holes.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Originally Posted by joelaiken

Shot 86 today.   Decided to play the white tees, and it made a big difference in my ability to get within range of the longer par 4's  but didn't make much difference in my score, but mainly because my short game was not as sharp today.

Our club has extremely difficult greens. VERY fast and very sloped, making downhill puts (or chips) harder than any other ourse I've ever played.  There are some greens where you might be (from 25 ft or so) putting level to a point where a downslope begins, and even if you putt (slow enough) to the point where it barely begins down the slope, it will roll past the hole 15 feet or more, possibly even off the green.

If you had putted any softer, the ball would never get the point where it could start down the slope, leaving you 20 ft short.

In other words, it's impossible to get te ball close (unless you knock it in by some miracle)

Our course has about 10 or 12 greens like this.   The locals know to NEVER hit to those impossible points... sometimes you're actually better off to hit an approach shot to the green to land short of the green to prevent hitting to the higher parts of the green.

The greens are very much like Pinehurst #2... mounds which feed the ball off the green...  on all sides of the green.  It's like trying to land a ball on top of a Volkswagen bug.

so, that was today.

It must be a NC thing.  There are quite a few holes on my home course that I will hit my approach short if the pin placements are in the front, because if you're on the wrong side of the pin, you might as well hit it back off the green and chip anyway, because that's what's probably going to happen.  Making yourself chip up the hill to those pin locations is a much safer play.

Winter golf in the Philly area and shot an 84. Pretty good for the first round of 2013. Couple of bad double bogies because of shoddy short game play, but to be expected I guess. It IS January 12th.

Lotta rain yesterday so it was a little damp, but it was a real nice day. Playing again tomorrow, as it is supposed to be at least 60 and sunny. Shorts?

Bill M

played Bradford Creek in Greenville NC today and shot a 105.  The weather was awesome so I hate I wasted it by playing so poorly.  My quest to break 100 continues....

Look forward to playing tomorrow. I played 7 holes before it got too dark to see. Was doing really well, then came the "blow up" hole. My nemesis, 2 par 3's back to back. I'm not good with my long irons. Tomorrow, at the suggestion from a respected buddy who shoots under par a lot, I'm gonna leave my Driver and woods at home. I'm gonna put myself in a position to have to work these clubs out.

My Bag:

Burner 9.5

X 3&5 Woods

DCI Gold 3- PW(48*) + 52* Vokey wedge

56* sand wedge

Cushin Putter

Got some amazing weather here in SE PA this weekend so I was able to get 18 in tonight.  10 bucks, course basically to myself, and I did pretty good!  I don't know my exact score but I think it was in the 90s.  I had 9 bogeys and 2 pars but I didn't keep score cause I was having a friendly match play round with my cousin.

43 on the front 9 at Moody.

2 birdies 1 Par tons of bogies. Highlight shot of the day, 166 from the Gold hit a 22* Choked up Hybrid to 5 ft of the cup for the 2nd (and last) birdie of the day.

"Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.."