IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Played in a scramble.  We managed a 68.  Not bad for three guys in the 14-25 range.

I had three *excellent* shots too (two 270-ish drives, and one low hook from behind a tree nearly onto the green) --- very fun day.

Shot a +6 42, still working on my swing path. It was very flat and deep, worked on it with a mirror and found that i need to feel like i am figure 8ing my backswing. So hit some really good shots, and some poor shots. The final hole was about as perfect as you can get, bombed drive to center of fairway, hit a wedge to 15 feet, pin high, missed the putt half a rotation short. With the amount of rain in ohio lately, the grass is pretty high, and the greens were a big shaggy, a lot of putts were bouncing and coming up short.

Overall, not bad, there is hope :)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

79. Started with a double and a bogey. Next hole is a 530 yard par 5 dog leg right. Hit my tee ball a little too straight and got stuck behind a tree. I couldnt of hooked my 3 hybrid any more - it was perfect and it rolled to the front edge of the green. Pitched to 1 foot for a birdie and that got me going.

Had more birdie chances but could not sink anything - but made some good par saves.

Hit a drive in the trees on another par 5, punched out but had 230 to the hole over water. Hit my 3 Hybrid again right at the pin. Left with 15 feet and made a good two putt par save ( I never hit greens form that far out lol )

Had to par the last 2 holes to shoot 79. Final hole had a strong left to right wind and I hit a good drive that hit a bunker but rolled out into the fairway leaving 130 yards. Hit it to 8 feet and that was the most satisfying thing to know I could two putt for a 79 this early in the season.

My putting has improved substantially so looking forward to the season!

Playing with 3 buddies, and me and my partner won $40 off them. Was a good round!

http://fairwayfiles.com/score_details.php?pscore_id=2077137

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

36 on a par 32 little course.

This is a good course to hit light off the tees on the short par 4's and use that as a chance to practice my mid-irons.  I really should be even par on this course as it's stupid/easy.  It's one of those that a guy could post pars/birdies on any hole with just bringing a 7i, SW, and putter - IMO.

I like to try to hit those greens, so I'm not playing smart - there are five Par 4's that, frankly, are reachable with a good 3 wood or less and I have to try to hit those with 3w or 4i.  So I never get to hit other than wedges for my irons.  the three par 3's are relatively short.  still good for me to practice fairway wood tee shots......

Still, good time.  Apparently I need to practice my 60 wedge - that got me in trouble a couple times.

Crazy good hitting the tee shots though - straight and high.  good times.  Contact has been so pure lately that I'm overshooting my normal distances significantly - this is a GOOD trend, IMO.

And my wife's 2nd ever round of golf - she shaved 7 points off from yesterday, actually nailed a few drives (instead of the beginner tentative hitting) and is figuring out short pitches in a good way.  Looks like a natural so far.

Bill - 

Played Sunday nothing to write home about! I destroyed the low handicap holes. This was only the 4 th time this year I played a par 72. I practice short game but don't hit many balls...I can't see spending 10 dollars for a bucket. Lack of play the last 2 years shows up from tee to green. Shot 40 on the front double boogie on 8 from 40 yards in front of green.*I hit the ground with my putter on first putt and greens were slick 50. These greens were not holding. On 1 hole ( I normaly hit a sand iron 55° 100-105 yards.) I Was 117 to pin and hit my sand iron to 4 feet. Anyways ended up hacking the back 9 which is much easier ended up 85 I had 2 doubles and a triple..only one bird with a flop wedge shot

90 (46-44). 5 rounds in 8 days. Handicap down to 19.4 from 20.3 in that time period. Happy about heading in the right direction

Driver:  Cleveland Launcher DST 10.5* Stiff

3 Hybrid:  Taylor Made RBZ 19* Regular

4 Hybrid:  Golden Bear 4H Stiff

Irons:  4-G Titleist AP1 710 Nippon 105T Stiff

Wedges:  Cleveland CG16 52* & 56*

Putter:  PING Anser

There's always the next shot.

Shot an 86. 44 on the front, 42 on the back. The greens are cut down to Summer length and I was blowing them past the hole all day. Should be used to them after a few rounds.

Brampton Park GC

White Tees 6310 yards

Par 71

Practice Round

Out - 43, 3 pars, 5 bogeys and 1 double bogey, 17 putts (2x1 putt, 6x2 putt, 1x3 putt), 3 lost balls!

In - 43, 1 birdie, 2 pars, 3 bogeys and 3 double bogeys, 20 putts (7x2 putt, 2x3 putt), 1 lost ball!

TOTAL 86 (15 over)

- This is my first sub 90 round!

- First time ever shooting 5 pars (previous record for me was 3 but on the shorter 5970 yard yellow tees).

- Shot my 6th ever lifetime birdie :)

- Hit my first ever green under regulation after a supurb 312 yard drive followed by a 180 yard hybrid in to the green and 2 putts :)

- 4 double bogeys is the least number of double or worse bogeys Ive shot so far :)

- Driving still woeful at times! Cant wait for Saturdays clinic :)

So all in all...yay for me :)

Regards

Mailman

Mailman

Congrats first time I broke ,80 just a 79 but the 18 th hole had a temp green so it was rough. For some strange reason though the green had a larger size hole....I could hardly draw the putter back to make a 4 footer. I have had the yips once started with fast greens. Worked it out though, believe it or not practicing on slow greens. I don't recall the first time breaking ,90. I do remeber shooting a 40 on the back 9 of Eldorado after only playing for 6 months and was using a 4 wood off the tee because I could not hit driver... When I say 4 wood...it was indeed a wood.

84, but get this... Out +12, in +2..... Haven't played in about a month, but shot an 84 overall. Was about to lose it in the beginning but stuck with it, and my irons and putting saved me. The driver has gone to poop, eventually put it away and stuck to 3w. Probably had a lot to do with my back 9 score.

107. still trying to break 100 for the first time.  started playing 10 1/2 months ago and my goal is to shoot 99 before june 15.  for me it's the blow up holes.  today I had 5 holes that were triple bogey or worse.  I just can't seem to get consistent.  by consistent I just mean limiting to say no more than 1 triple every 9 holes, not 5 in a round!  gotta love it though!

107 golf is a funny game. I think you will find in this game the harder you try the higher you score. Practice 100 yards and in shots. Mostly practice your around the greens shots. Then just go out and have fun. Tension is the worst thing in golf. Make sure you do your pre shot routines on range just like you are playing

41-37 (78), one birdie on easy, short course, 6000+ yd.  Started off with a string of 4 bogeys, but kept my positive attitude and strung out a lot of consecutive pars with some good putting, short game shots. HCP arrived today-down to an 8.5 USGA

• Upvote 1

I don't want to say what I got!!!  Lets just say it was a bit windy, so windy in fact that I couldn't reach a 215 yard par 3 with my DRIVER!!!  With that wind you're not going to have a good round.

Originally Posted by Motown88

I don't want to say what I got!!!  Lets just say it was a bit windy, so windy in fact that I couldn't reach a 215 yard par 3 with my DRIVER!!!  With that wind you're not going to have a good round.

Makes you appreciate golf rounds in beautiful, sunny days with warm temps. Sometimes a windy day will help your game with concentration, course management - grinding it out.  Just think how much easier the course plays when there isn't any wind.

Two over par for 27 holes today. Two birdies, one eagle, two bogeys, two double bogeys. ( A real roller coaster ride!)

Originally Posted by Rick Martin

Makes you appreciate golf rounds in beautiful, sunny days with warm temps. Sometimes a windy day will help your game with concentration, course management - grinding it out.  Just think how much easier the course plays when there isn't any wind.

In South Dakota those beautiful days don't come often.  It's a nice day when the winds are under 20mph, lol!!!

This is a day late, but I'm still in recovery mode from yesterday's 54-hole marathon (can't pass up $50 for unlimited golf). Played Castle Course at Northern Bay here in Wisconsin (6419 yds, 72.7/125). Rounds of 88, 78 and 83. Concentration finally kicked in during round two, but waned in the third (probably thanks to the frosty adult beverages and hours of sun exposure). 27 pars, only one birdie, and the battery in our cart died on hole 44. Thanks a ton to the dude at the pro shop who brought us a new one and limped the old one back to the clubhouse.

Now the forecast calls once again for snow over the next two days. C'est la vie.

taylormade.gif Burner SuperFast Driver, 9.5* taylormade.gif Rescue 11 2h, 16*
taylormade.gif rac Lt Irons, 3i-Pw, Aw taylormade.gif rac Satin Wedges, 54-10, 58-8 
 Corza Ghost Putter