IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Played in a shamble, ended up shooting a 39, used 6 of my first shots. Wedges are killing me. Need to really a few hours in at the short game area, horrible.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot 80 at River Forest with a double bogey on the 18th hole.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

• Administrator

64 at Kahkwa in the pro-am dealio they have this time of year every year. Finished T8 or so. Won $40 on the parimutuel.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Played at the World Golf Village in St Augustine.  King and the Bear course.  Great facility and the first time we've played it.  Meant a mid-week trip, but it was worth it to play a really nice track for free with GolfNow booking rewards....  I'll post a couple of pics over on the course pics thread.

6850 yards.  72.6/133.

82 with 2 silly doubles, 1 3-putt bogey from 15 feet, and one birdie.  Struck the ball pretty well, but struggled with the greens....very undulating and they still hadn't fully recovered from having been punched 4 weeks ago.  Just a little wobbly and it was enough to keep me a little uncomfortable.

If I keep this crap up, my index will be back up over 5 pretty soon....... :~(

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

First time at a local course.

Work tourney,

1st time I played a full 18 in scrambles.  (I was the low handicapper, the other 3 play maybe once or twice a year and claimed over 30, but one guy was phenominal regardless, the other was able to put a 3 iron in the fairway every drive out around 160-180 - really helps to have him lead off so the rest of us could take chances...)  The only restriction was we had to use at least 3 drives from each player.  It was an issue only with one member.

took about 4 holes for me to find my game, but it didn't matter as it was a great team effort - every time 3 of us choked on a shot, the 4th guy would pull off a good shot.

lots of fun, quite a few beers.

6 birdies, one bogie, the rest par.  five under was a decent scramble score for sure.

I was driving and putting REALLY well, approach shots were about 50/50

on the 8 or so contest holes, I was in contention on 3 (longest putt, longest drive, closest to pin).  was able to hold the closest to pin on a long par 3 to win a shirt

Gotta admit, I'd rather hit my own shots than scramble, but what a great format for those that don't play much.  Good fun, good people

Bill - 

+3, 38, 8 bogeys and 1 triple.

Chunked the tee shot on a par 3 into some thick crappy rough, the intermediate stuff between very tall grass and normal rough. Hacked out to were the ball was a good foot above my feet. Chunked the chip shot, chipped to about 15 feet, then missed the putt. All and all, just a crappy triple bogey.

The shot that really ticked me off was an 8 iron from 173 up hill, 2nd shot on a par 5. I flew the green, hit it about 15 yards farther than i wanted. Probably caught a flier lie. No way i am thinking i should pull a 9 iron. Ended up getting par, wasted shot.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

96 Santa Anita, blues, not great. My son had a couple birdies and quite a few pars, but drove 240 carry OB into a parking lot and overshot a few approaches for a total of 90. Used my MP-32 irons for all approach shots with much more confidence. Hit 3 iron 200 yards for the first time on the course. Used 5 iron for a 193 yard par 3 came up 8 yards short in the rough. Used a 4 iron on a 205 yard par 3, simple chip 5 feet and missed the putt. Starting to love my irons, but that's for some other thread. I really like the MP-32 cavity blade.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Shot 79 today for 18. Ran/jogged pushing my cart. Wind was never less than 18 and gusting above 30 mph. Actually played 20 holes but stopped when couldn't see where the ball was going. And did it in 3 hrs.

Hooray the course was open after all the rain we've gotten in CO. But it was a squishy mess. Bunkers were destroyed and I managed to find one on each of the first four holes. Earned a triple on # 2 trying hit out of the deepest one there because the green is 8-9 feet above it and after failing to clear the lip with a standard pitch off the water logged, hard sand I chipped out sideways. But I kept my head and made a birdie and some pars after that on the way to a 44 with a double on #9. A decent score considering the conditions.

Dave :-)

96 Santa Anita, blues, not great. My son had a couple birdies and quite a few pars, but drove 240 carry OB into a parking lot and overshot a few approaches for a total of 90.

Used my MP-32 irons for all approach shots with much more confidence. Hit 3 iron 200 yards for the first time on the course. Used 5 iron for a 193 yard par 3 came up 8 yards short in the rough. Used a 4 iron on a 205 yard par 3, simple chip 5 feet and missed the putt. Starting to love my irons, but that's for some other thread.

I really like the MP-32 cavity blade.

For the record, I forgot to include that I removed the flag before authorized to do so, so my score of 96 includes this 2 stroke penalty. Grrr, stupid mistakes cost me a couple strokes here and there.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Shot my first 69 ever today.........on a par 67. Out is 35, in is 32. Back 9 is short but challenging. a lot of tucked in greens meaning no dice if you want to go for the greens on the par 4's. 37 out after a double on the 8th having being ballsy and trying to cut a corner off the tee over water...splash. 32 in after learning my lesson. Was hitting it ok but it was my putting that saved the day for me.

Played yesterday; first time picking up clubs in a while. Shot a 52 on the first nine (started with an 8, just like Tiger), including bogeys on #8 and #9. Something must have happened to me after hole #7, though: only missed one fairway the rest of the round (leading to a double bogey on #14), and even birdied a long par-3 (one which I'd never birdied before). I finished with a 92 (it posted as a 91 due to ESC on #1) after a second-nine 40.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I shot a 86 today. This was the 1st time at this particular course I ended in the 80's. Before today I've had two 90's two 92's one 91 and one 93. I've choked bad twice but not today I finished par par with an amazing up and down on 18.

Shot a 45.... + 2 stroke penalty for a tee shot into the woods, from the whites. The 47 is ten points better than I ever shot before, and before that, I would have taken mulligan on the OB tee shot even to get to a 57.  I think that if I keep improving I will be able to break 90, because there were a bunch of  stupid three putts thrown in there, and more than one duffed 3W. I can improve that. Although all but one tee shot being in the fairway and decently hit might be a streak I find hard to repeat soon.

A nasty 45. Hitting like crap for the most part, but my short game made it an "ok" 9. Ended par, par, bogey, par...started to warm up but didn't have time for 18.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Shot a 72 on a par 70 with 5 birdies and 5 bogeys (and threw in a double bogie, ouch!)

The grain of the Bermuda is killing my ball striking lately on less than full shots. My up and down percentage from lies with the grain is probably twice what I'm getting against the grain.

I shouldn't be surprised. Happens every year about this time.

For the record, I forgot to include that I removed the flag before authorized to do so, so my score of 96 includes this 2 stroke penalty. Grrr, stupid mistakes cost me a couple strokes here and there.

Removed the flag for chipping?   What was the rule infraction?

Hit 95 today on par 71 (68.3/125) course.   The wind was swirling like crazy and it impacted numerous shots.  Putted balls didn't go straight due to wind.   Body swayed during address.  Balls on green were oscillating by itself.   Some wedge shots stopped dead in the air (a few went backwards a bit).    One of my partners (a long hitter) must have lost a 1/2 dozen balls due to severe cross winds.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Today was a good day! I really struggled on the front....I scrambled like crazy to save pars and a couple bogeys.  I pretty much hacked on the front.....Then I heated up on the back......  40-35=75  73.2CR 141 slope.

I scored well today....I played terrible on the front and did well to salvage a 40.  When I heated up on the back, I took advantage of the opportunities to make birdies and save pars when I had a chance.

5/13 fairways...10 greens....29 putts (including 2-3putts from very long range)  I holed a bunch of putts inside of 10' to make this happen.  some saved bogey, some saved pars, and some birdies.....the putter was my savior.  LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch