IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Despite a few bogies my tee shots were spot on, overall a great end to my golf season. Here comes winter :((

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Today was one of those days that make you question if you should bother playing anymore. Last Thursday I went +3 over six holes (it got dark). Today o got to play the whole 18, and shot a 55 on the first 9, and 51 on the second nine. I just couldn't swing the club today to save my life! I'd duck hook one, then slice the next one, then a pull, then a push.... I was chunking them fat so bad I thought I was going to strike oil. I shot a bloody 10 on a par five that I was inches from birdieing the other day.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

79 front 39 back 40 rate 74.5 slope 142

Surprised myself by breaking 80 from the tips

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Shot 91 in some pretty tough conditions yesterday.  Should have stayed home.

If I can post one sub 90 round between now & 10/31 all or my scores counted for handicap purposes would be in the 80's.  That would be some nice improvement for me after a pretty rough stretch during mid-summer this year. In MN you can't post scores after 10/31.

Got in an early morning round yeserday at a new course. Shot a 96 (48, 48) which a few weeks ago I would have been happy with but it was a very scoreable (if that's a word) course so I was a little dissapointed. With the exception of maybe the driver, I was pretty pleased with how I was striking the ball in general and was thrilled with my chipping/pitching on the day (my kids got me a pitching net for my birthday and I live on that thing). Putter was a little eradict but we played at the break of sunlight and the greens we're still fairly wet through the first 9 and I was having trouble judging the speed. So bummed there's not much left of the season, I just feel like I'm a few rounds away from possibly breaking 90 for the first time, going to stink having to put the clubs away and start all over again next spring.

9x3 over the weekend, front was closed for maintenance. 41-43-44. Actually played the best for the 44 but had a strange, for me, triple start and end. Though it goes on the books as a 43 due to ESC. Can't remember the last time I carded an 8 on a par 5. And that with no penalties. Didn't make a bogey in 27 holes, just par and double or worse. Dreadful golf weather, rain, snow and sub 40 temps yesterday.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

37-39 76 with a double bogey on the front 9. Going very well on the back until 13 and started to lose ita bit. Three straight bogies then finished with three straight pars. Today was may first day using the Super Stroke 3.0 on my putter. Did good for me on several putts inside 10 feet that I usually have been missing. Only really had one bad putt all day and that was a very nice feeling.

Shot 39-38-77 from Tips Had a double and a 3 putt, only one birdie. First time playing course Worthington Manor Golf Club Urbana,MD Great fall day, weather was just about perfect.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

38-36-74 Country Club of Fairfax Blue Tees 2 birdies-5 bogeys- 2 three putts

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I just joined my club again last week, so I will start posting in here as well. Today I shot a 40-41-81.  That's not too bad considering it's my 3rd round in about 2 years. The course is a 70.8/125

• Upvote 1

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Today I shot my lowest score ever of 82. I haven't been able to break the 90 mark much this year, but I have been playing quite a bit lately and it really seemed to pay off today. I was playing with my new Taylormade ATV wedge set today and I actually think the 60* really helped my game. Until I got that club I would just try half shots with a 56*.

Played Monday and Tuesday at Oglebay Park in West Virginia...

Monday:  40-41 = 81 @ Speidel Course designed by Robert Trent Jones

Tuesday:  46-39 = 85 @ Klieves Course designed by Arnold Palmer

Great two days on the October special.  Two rounds of golf, one night accommodations at the Wilson lodge, and a buffet breakfast for $121.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Monday:  40-41 = 81 @ Speidel Course designed by Robert Trent Jones

I can remember wanting to play that course many years ago when I was still a beginner golfer living in the Columbus Ohio area.   I never did make the trip, but I can remember thinking about how I really wanted to play that course.  The closest I ever got was playing Eagle Sticks in Zanesville and the Salt Fork State Park course in Cambridge.......I was working my way East on I-70, but never went far enough!!  DARN!!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I played Stone Canyon Today and Monday:   73.2CR 141 slope

42-38=80

39-41=79

Average golf....I'm not complaining because I can play a lot worse!!

PS...for people posting scores.  Rather than to say I played the tips or purple tees or whatever, (that means nothing).....please state the CR and slope from the tees you played because that would be informative.

""steps down off soap box""

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I am reading these posts from you guys and I am even embarrassed to post mine.  But here goes nothing.  At least let me disclaim that it has been almost 4 years since I last played, and I never took the time to get some practice in prior this game.  A good friend of my instigated me to playing on the fly.  Any how, I am so glad he did get me out to play because at least I am now going out everyday to the range and to the practice green to get my game back.  So here goes and please don't freak out!

Crandon Golf Course in Key Biscayne Florida on Friday October 18th, score, 140! First time since I first started playing that I would score over 10 on any hole. The good thing I covered all my bases, I hooked, I sliced, I grounded it, chucked it, I even missed it.  Let me add that it has been such a long time that my favorite Ecco golf shoes disintegrated before even reaching the first hole making me have to buy new golf shoes. (not that its a bad thing).  It was a funny day and just took it as a lesson.  it definitely isn't like riding a bike!  I hope you all enjoyed a good laugh, lord knows I am laughing rereading this.

Played a course at 6600 yds and the rating of 71.2/135:

Shot -1 on the front nine (three bogeys and four birdies), then proceeded to play like a cr@p on 2 holes (a quadruple and a triple) on the back nine for +9 for 80 (+8 total).  Two holes cost me 7 strokes over par!!!!  AARRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2