IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot a 93 at The Willows (71/134). The wind was really howling today, and it caused hell with my shots on the first few holes. (The wind later died down.) 47+46, so on paper it looks pretty consistent, but I had trouble in at least one part of my game at any given point in time. 35 putts, well above my average of 45 or so.

On the front 9, my ball seemed to make a beeline for every tree within range on the golf course, leaving me with some incredibly bad lies, and my recovery shot would nail another tree. Especially bad was the 7th hole, where my drive found a fairway bunker on the right side, with a small tree about 20 yards in front. I always find the fairway bunker on this hole, and the tree was never a problem...until today. I skulled it out of the bunker, the ball ping'd off the tree and flew back at me. Ball still in bunker.

My putting today was much better than usual--I was less off line than I used to be, and I holed an especially satisfying birdie putt on 11 with a foursome watching. I followed that birdie up with a double and two triples. No lost balls--just me struggling to get out from trees. When I finally got out of the trees and stayed out, my driving became more erratic, leading to a couple of unplayables... but all in all, I was more consistent than usual.

Oh, and my ball is really scuffy from hitting all those trees.

Time taken...2:30. It can be done, and I spent extra time putting on greens, or playing with two balls.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

93 today. Need to work on my driving again!

In My Bag:
Driver: R9 TP 9.5°
Hybrids: Idea Pro, 16°, 20°, VS Proto
Irons: TP MB 4-P
Wedges: Vokey SM 50.08 54°, 60°Putter: NP2

Shot an 83 at The Gauntlet today, which actually should've been better. The new Ignite irons I've put into play have helped with my ballstriking, though I still have a nagging tendency to get quick from the top resulting in some pulls.

Anyway, started on the back 9 and shot a 38 as a single. I got to the front nine and started catching up to groups THAT WOULDN'T LET ME PLAY THROUGH EVEN THOUGH THEY HAD HOLES OPEN IN FRONT OF THEM. So my round (and rhythm) ground to a screeching halt. Started getting impatient, blood pressure started rising, adrenaline started pumping -- and I started yanking balls left. Ended up with a 45 on the back (actually, front).

Yet another good round spoiled by slow play and lack of etiquette.

On the plus side, I'm driving the ball as well as I ever have. Steadily pumped 275-285 yard drives, all with the same high fade ball flight.

"I played like shit." -Greg Norman after the '96 Masters.

• Administrator

I shot a 76. It was one of "those" days...

I started on #8 behind an 11-hole scramble/shotgun. SLOW. I wasn't playing very well, but my scoring was okay. I was managing my game really well considering I didn't know where the hell the ball was going. I parred 8 and 9. On the back I was +3 with three bogeys and a bunch of pars.

I make the turn and bogey the first, bogey the second, and then hook my drive so far left off #3 I'm a fairway over. By this time I've spent all afternoon trying to figure out what was wrong with my swing. Finally I lay a club at my feet, thinking "my stance should be fine. I feel fine."

Turns out I was perfectly square to my target line. I prefer to be about 10 degrees open - my natural swing is a little from the inside and my hips, when I'm square, have a harder time rotating through.

So anyway, I hit up near that great, make an awesome up-and-down, and then proceed to birdie 3 of the remaining four holes in my round. I was pounding drives, everything was going exactly where it was supposed to, it was effortless golf.

Ten degrees. That's all it took. One incorrect thing, as small as that, probably led to four or five other compensations (or attempts at compensation) later on in the swing.

JEEZ - what a game!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I shot a 40. Unfortunately on that course par is 31 for the men. I doubled the 220 yard 1st and struggled with control all night. There was a 2 club wind most of the round and I just couldn't hit any greens until the 4th. I hit a great wedge from 60 yards to 6 feet, but missed the birdie. The only consolation was that I finished the last 4 holes +4 this week. Last week I was even through 5 and played the last 4 in +7.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Course was packed, so only played 9. I shot a 42.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

9 holes, 3 over 39

Driver: 905R w V2 stiff 76
FW: NVG2 Fujikura stiff
Hybrids: Idea Pro 20* Aldila VS Proto
Irons: M685 3-PW Rifle 5.5
Wedges: 54* VIP forged, 58* CG10Putter: Bettinardi A02Ball: ProV1, Black Max

9 holes, 45. I struggled with a push all day long, and none of my drives found the fairway. They were all in the right rough. I bet that alone cost me 5 strokes. Then, I was pushing all my iron shots, so that caused more trouble. I had a hot putter today, and a decent short game, which bailed me out, sort of. (18 putts--considerably better than my average).

Either the handicap index calculator was wrong, or I'm the worst 11 index in the world.

2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Actually shot pretty good today on 9(well what I like to call good). Birdied a par 3 to shoot a 41.

Bag: Discovery
Driver: r7 460 Driver weighted neutral
Fairway:r7 FW 3 w/ Aldila NV 75S
Hybrid:Rescue 16 & 19
Irons:RAC OS 3-PW +1.25" Wedge:r7 SWPutter: Circa 62 #5Balls:NXT or ProV1'sTrying: Tour Model Blades

Shot 77 today. Even par 36 on the front, then 41 on the back. Only had one birdie all day, which is irritating, and my first triple bogey of the year which is even more irritating.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Shot 77 today. Even par 36 on the front, then 41 on the back. Only had one birdie all day, which is irritating, and my first triple bogey of the year which is even more irritating.

I hate triples.

One happened to me on a par 3 during a match..it sucked.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Keep in mind I'm only 15, but I shot 40 on the front 37 on the back for 77 and won a mens tournament over at our club. I am really excited, haven't hit the ball this well in a long time. I usually thinks its cliche when people say you score alot around the green, but today i was chipping it close and putting it in, so i dont ever take my short game for granted.
Taylormade R7 460 9.5 S Flex
Titleist 904F 19*
Taylormade Rescue Dual TP 19*
Nike Pro Combo Forged 3-PWCleveland Gunmetal TA 900 54*,59(Bent from 58)*Taylormade Rossa CGB Daytona ILL-INI

I shot a 73 today on a par 59 course. with my handicap I get 16 strokes so I was 2 under my handicap....still need to work on my putting though.

In My Bag:
Driver: R9 TP 9.5°
Hybrids: Idea Pro, 16°, 20°, VS Proto
Irons: TP MB 4-P
Wedges: Vokey SM 50.08 54°, 60°Putter: NP2

Shot a 93 at Sugar Bay Golf Course, in Warsaw, Kentucky (about 40 miles from where I live.) Lost balls were a killer, as I could've easily shot in the low 80's, except for that occasional sprayed tee shot that went into the woods. The putting greens weren't well maintained, it resembled putting on concrete.

I struggled with an extreme push shot all day, and spent most of the front 9 under trees and in other incredibly bad lies. I got my shit together on the back 9 and shot a 40, and kept most of my iron shots on line. (I found out how to correct the push with my irons, with the 3 wood it turned into a pull, and my driver still sprays.)

• Administrator
79. It was a struggle. Was very close all day, but something was just a little bit off. Couldn't find it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

As an add-on to my previous post, I forgot to mention a few things. On the par 3 3rd hole, about 110 yards, a sand wedge was too much club, and my ball sailed well over the green into the woods about 30 yards beind the hole. After about five holes, my buddy and I got behind another twosome, who were themselves stuck behind an old foursome.

Slow. To cap it all, on the par 5 17th, I took a blind shot over a hill--and beaned the guy in front of me with my tee shot.

Very good day today. Shot 82(par 72) with one triple(ouch!) one double (not that unusual) and one BIRDIE (too unusal) Drives were very good for me. Never, never missed a fairway! WOW!! Of course I never hit a par 3 either. One chip in on a par 4 (the only birdie) and several one putts. Darn sandwich wouldn't cooperate! Sculled a few of those, causing a multitude of other problems.
The greens were nice, but the Bermuda fairways are still suffering from an early April freeze that killed all new growth.
Every thing in my bag is new to me and I am very hopeful for the new season. The Ray Cook putter is probably my biggest suprise. It is one awesome S.O.B (sweet old boy).
I just love all the Orlimar stuff! I gotta get more of it. If you haven't tried it you may be missing a good bet. My drives are longer(by 20 yards) and straighter than I can believe.
I am looking forward to a year that I can tell my grandchildren about.
I hope to post more and more good rounds soon. My personal best is 74 on a very tough course (Greysburg Hills, Chuckey, TN ) , but that was in 1983, and I am somewhat older now.

INTHE BAG(today)
Driver: Speedline 10 10.5deg
Fairway woods: speedline 3w
Putter:Master grig

Irons: A2 OS

SandWedge 1200GE

Balls: Soft Feel

Bag: Great Divider

Lots of Hope!