IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Yesterday i shot a 39 (Par 36/38) Played front 9. Chipping was decent. Putting was very good. Birdied first hole (Par 5 514) Nice drive, chunked a 4 iron. Then hit an 8 iron draw 1 ft away from the pin for a tap in bird. I was driving great. I hit 6/7 Fairways.

I shot 45 in my league yesterday, which is great for me - net 28 - tied for best net of the night. My league handicap had skyrocketed to 17 after a few bad weeks. Last night knocked 3 shots off of it down to 14. Despite hitting a bad shot on almost every hole I was able to scramble a bit and not have any major blow ups - I didn't get anything worse than a double. I basically whiffed my drive on 1 (10) and hit it about 5 yards. Proceeded to then hit a 3 iron off the tee box. Misjudged my yardage on my 3rd shot and blasted a 3 iron over the green. After all that still got it in for a double 6. That was how it went for most of the night. I hit the biggest drive of my life - 268 with the help of a HUGE tailwind on a nasty 423 yard par 4. (I avg. about 210-220 for my good drives.) Right up the right side of the fairway for a good look at the green. 3/7 FW, 0 GIR (Totally robbed by a bad bounce on the 165 yd. par 3 11th), 17 putts. 0 penalty strokes. I won my match 8 to 1, my partner won his 6.5 to 2.5, and we won low combined net by 8 strokes. We moved up from 11th place to 5th place in the league. 3 doubles, 4 bogeys, 2 pars.

I just shot a 99 at my favorite course. I had a few holes where I blew up (1-8 and 3-7s). But I hit more decent shots than bad ones so my game is definately improving. I did par a 200 yard Par 3 that has always been a trouble hole for me so that was a bright spot in my round. Actually I got pars on that hole and the next and 3 putted or I would have had 3 pars in a row. There is an easy 8 strokes that I should be able to remove but just don't seem to.

Anyway, it seems to be getting better and that's my goal for the year...

I played today and posted my second 82 in a row. Which is closer to my cap finally. Our course is par 35 and 37 on the back. I shot 39/ 43 with 2 doubles on the back(that sucks). I scrambled really well on the front 5 for 6 up and downs. So all in all it was a scramblly round but it's an improvement and I'll take it.

I broke 80 for the first time today with a 78. It was a 40 and a 38. On the back I didn't miss a fairway and was on in one for the par threes which hasn't happened to me in a long time. I think it helps that I just had a majority of my grips replaced and now am playing my correct size(jumbo cuz I'm 6'5") and things are clicking. Just in time because state golf is Monday for me.

45 on a 9 holer. My game is starting to resemble its old self again, if only a shadow of what it used to be. If I didn't hit any balls into the woods, I would've shot a 35 instead (5 lost balls in the woods).

Crappy course management, usually me trying to cut the corner or hitting a 3 Wood and trying to drive the par 5 in two, is what killed me today.

• Administrator
45 on a 9 holer. My game is starting to resemble its old self again, if only a shadow of what it used to be. If I didn't hit any balls into the woods, I would've shot a 35 instead (5 lost balls in the woods).

45 with 20 putts, right?

Mmmm hmmm.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I wasnt feeling too good this morning but i went anyways. I was planning to play 18 but i could only play 9. It was so hot out.. I did not to good and shot a 44. I only got 1 par today :S. I also played the blue tees for the first time today so i think that made a bit of a difference.

Shot 47 (Well, actually 51 with Penalty Strokes) on a Full Length 9-Hole Course (Broad Run Golf).

Shot horridly the first 4 holes. Finished well, with two birdies int he final three holes. 18 Putts total.

Not great, but not completely horrible for my third round since returning to the game after 10+ years.

Par-29 9-holes, played yesterday & today. Show 37 & 38 respectively. Hit 4 GIR each time; yesterday, hit 4 in a row. So, they were par-3s, but they still required irons and not wedges for me, so it's something of an accomplishment.

On one green-hit today, the ball stopped 4 feet from the pin. I was shaking over my birdie putt and missed by epsilon. Oh well, I'm used to tap-ins for double bogeys, so a tap-in for par isn't that bad in my book.

Must work on the putting.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Today I only got to play nine holes unfortunately, but managed to shoot 38 from the blue tees at a par 35 golf course.

I putted pretty well but I tripled the first hole which never helps.

I went to Breckenridge, Colorado on vacation last week and shot a 43 on the Elk 9 at their municipal course. I was first off the tee in the morning and was able to play at a nice pace and the ranger actually told me to slow down a bit if I wanted. Now their muni course is designed by Jack Nicklous so I was thrilled at my score. It is a wonderfull course. I will be adding pictures on eye candy shortly

Course: Cobbs Glen Anderson, SC
Score: 92 (in the pouring rain)

Highlights: Played the 4 hardest holes -1, Holed a 55ft putt for birdie, 70 yard SW to 6 inchs from 70 yards.

Shortcomings: 9 on hole two (2 OB drives), 2 other triples.

40 on a 9 holer with my father. We'd showed up at about 3:30, only to get thunderstormed on. We couldn't get off until about 4:50, but when we did, the course was almost empty.

And, by God, I finally got my shit together for the first time this year. My driving was long and pretty straight, I drove over the green on the par 4 10th (we played the back nine) by cutting the corner of the dog leg right, chip and putt for birdie.

I had 35 after 9 holes. Hit my drive thin and on the heel, hit a 7 iron around a tree to the green, so I had a 20 foot putt for a two-over 38. I proceeded to three-putt after my father saying I need to two-putt to break 40.

That little ball must've been like "Nah, I'm not giving you a 39 today" or something like that. Especially since my putt for 39 was from 18 inches and I pulled the putt.

I also shot 40 at Forestdale in SLC, UT.

I have this tendency to start off really horribly and finally get in a groove on the last few holes, today was no different.

I started off Double, Double, Bogey, before finisihing with 5 pars and a birdie to cap it off on the 450 yard par 4 9th :).

I had GIR's on each of the last 6 holes but I never anything under about 12 feet and I kept burning the lip until the last hole.

Shot an 82 today. (43/39) Started off Double, Bogey on the back then on the last four holes i went par, birdie, par, par. Really saved me. Im starting to pull my drives again which is really anoying. Driving was awful today.

95 (51-44). Drizzled for the entire round, and my putting was bad on the front (the wet greens always made me leave the putts about a foot or two short). My driving was inconsistent, mainly made up of a run of duck hooks, followed by 4 straight bombs down the middle. I should have probably broke 90 today, but sometimes things don't work out.