IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

45+42 = 87 at Wicked Stick, in Myrtle Beach. It's one of those John Daly courses, 7,000 yards. Play resembled more like my typical game, with no massive outside forces messing with my game (extreme heat, humidity, howling winds, t-storms, or just one of those days). However, I inexplicably seem to have lost 40 percent or more with all of my irons. Where I normally hit an 8 iron (155 yards), I struggled to reach the green with a 6, and even my trusty 3 iron, which I can crank about 240 on a good day, I was short of a 180 yard green with.

That's largely responsible for 5 balls in the water, but still otherwise a decent score, a hot putter saved the day. (34 putts).

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had the game of my life this morning. Shot my age - 68. Par   4   4   4   3   5   4   5   3   4   36     4   3   5   3   4   4   5   4   4    36   72 Me    4   4   3   2   5   3   6   2   4 

CAREER BEST! Played my home course. Birdie at 1 to get the day rolling and never looked back. 3 birds on the front to one bogey to play the front -2. Had 2 birdies and 2 bogeys on back for an even bac

41-39-80 at Stoneleigh Golf & CC other than a topped first drive and a couple of 3 putts played pretty well in a windy day with @GolfLug @billchao @Hardspoon And the Aimpoint class with

Posted Images

It's been raining all day here. I can't play!

So? As long as it isn't a thunderstorm, and you get something to keep your bag from soaking through, you can still play. Playing in the rain inevitably increases your score, but it also forces you to play differently, especially around the green.

Get out there. Golf isn't only a fair-weather sport.

I shot a 41 today on a par 3 course.

Soooooo disapointing, I've been playing a lot lately, and I'm just at the point where I can now almost beat my dad. I was up by 4 shots after 5 holes, and I thought today was finally the day. He gained a shot on me on 6 and 7. Then, on 8 I shot one OB, and just like that it was tied heading into the last hole. The 9th hole has water right behind and on the left of the green. I always beat him on this hole, as he always hits on in the water, so I was still confident. He went first, and stuck it about 5 feet from the hole. I was in awe, but still knew I could easily at least tie him. I take my shot, and its decent, maybe 10-12 feet away, and on the fringe. I was telling myself to be aggressive, and not to get too conservative, and ended up putting it past the hole by about 6 feet. Anyways, to make a long story short, my dad 2-putted to make par, and I missed my 6 footer.

I was so angry, and couldn't believe I blew it. I threw my putter, and later when I was asked why I did, my response was, "So I wouldn't hit anybody with it." This was after I had calmed down, and was in a joking mood.

Sorry for the long story, just needed to vent somehow. My dad and I are playing 18 tomorrow, and I will report what happens.

41-43= 84

Not bad but I certainly didn't have it going like I did when I shot 79 here last weekend (36 on the back). Struggled a little with the iron play all day, just couldn't get it going but putted pretty well and saved some holes that could have been much worse. One of those days I felt a little off but came through it OK.

Friday I shot a 43 on the front 9. Then I had to leave the course as my father was in the ER. Saturday afternoon I finished up with a 47. I had three triple bogeys on the back 9 or it would have been a decent round.

Shot an 85 today, the sun was HOT!! By the time I got to the 18th, I was ready for it to be over. Had a few bad shots.....BUT, my driving is improving so I will take that any day over air conditioning.

I started the round at 4, it was hot and humid, no chance of rain what so ever. I was doing good getting 2 pars and 3 bogeys after 5 holes. As soon as we hit hole 6 it started pouring rain and lightning. The club sounded a buzzer and everyone had to come in. I had the weirdest thing going on, at the range, i was topping every shot or hitting it thin. My drives i was topping, i had about 5 good shots in the bucket. I was also slicing, i got on the course and i was fine, but i think i broke my Driver. As soon as i got on the first hole it started making a very weird sound, and the ball wasnt going anywhere even on good contact. Before even on bad contact id hit it good. Im so dissapointed.

Man I just found this and after a long day of golfing some amateurs I was able to shot a 78 very nice for me :)

a 78 with a 12 handicap? Impressive...I guess its possible.

Another disastrous Sunday for me. Shot 117 at one of my local courses (68.0/115). However, after a 62 on the front and a disastrous first 6 holes on the back I have a great hole that reminds me that I might actually break 100 some day.

#17 is a 345-yd par 4. I blast my tee shot perfectly straight down the center of the fairway 245 yards with my 3-wood (I don't have a driver). With 100 left to the hole, I whip out my 56 degree sandwedge and put the ball on the green about 12 feet from the pin, taking a PGA tour-quality divot that flew 10 yards in the process. My first putt leaves the ball 1 foot past the hole, passing only inches away from it on the way there. Tap-in for par.

Why can't I do this, oh, 9 times out of 18?

I went out and shot a 92 today which is great for me, 47 going out and 45 coming in, par is 72. If I would not have blown up with an 8 on the 5th hole par 4 I might have broke 90 which is one of my goals for the year. Now if I can just go out and keep doing that consistently then I will get there.