IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot 79 today on a 70.6/124 course. I think it plays just under 6500 yds. 6 gir, 12 ngir. Did not get off the tee box very well but hit my irons solidly for the most part and putted well above my normal. Hopefully my putting continues.....funniest par.....duck hook tee shot into trees left on par 5. Shanked 9 iron trying to over the trees staight over the fairway dead right into right rough. Banged 19*hybrid from 210 onto the back of the green 20ft away. Eaey two putt par just like i drew it up :)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

107 & 93 on Saturday & Sunday, respectively.   93 dropped my HI to 19.1.

107 = took 6 tries to get out of 2 bunkers, too many "ball not found"  after hitting into deep rough.  Rough are 10 inch deep around here and presences of snakes keeps ball finding a scary endeavor.

93 = 31 putts, 8 out of 14 fairway hits, and one hole out.  Made all kind of putts.  Ball striking was solid.  First time I used Nike 20XI balls and my swing speed and the ball does not seem like a good match.  I lost quite a bit of distance.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Worst round in... six months.  :(  And the weather was perfect - no excuses except lousy play on my part.

First round of the season today. Shot something like 120, I don't even want to know the exact score. Almost every shot was topped or bladed. The only thing that was decent was my putting. Just to give you some perspective, I used to shoot consistently in the 90s.

Hopefully the second round of the season goes better. Perhaps I can write this one off as just being out of practice.

Shot horrible, but got in a fun round with my son. 4 greens on 9 holes, managed a 5 putt, oops. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Played 9 holes with my daughter and shot a 50, can't even remember the last time I shot anything near that.  Last year early on I shot a 46 on 9 and a 87 on 18.  My warm up was relay good and was hitting the ball great.  My stats were awesome, 0 GIR, 1 FIR, and 18 putts, fought a slice with the driver all day which is never the case, a cupped left wrist was the culprit.  Apparently it was contagious my daughter shot a 58 which is horrible for her also.  Her stats were 1 GIR, 1 FIR with 20 putts, she pared the last par 3 we played today, I bogeyed.  Beating dad is always fun for her, she's 13.  All in all was a great day, this was my 1st round, well half a round in 3 months.

40-42-82

70.7/128

6400 YDS

Still can't get out of my way yet.  Too Many bad drives led to two doubles.  Short game saved my butt again.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Sunday,

Dales Course, Community Golf Center, Dayton, OH, 65.9

44-41-85

For my 1/2-day weekend, I hit the Dayton area's bunny course. Other two particular holes, it was pretty decent. Jacked a big slice OB on No. 4 and had some kind of seizure on No.12 that resulted in a double and a quad. Saved the best for last. The drive off the mountain faded neatly to the right-side of the fairway. Put the 80-yard wedge shot to 5-feet and the putt was dead center for the birdie. It was a rare confluence of competence.

Brookside Course 2 blues (par 70 6046 yards, but some of the tees were moved forward): 77 (38/39)

Considering all the tournaments going on in our course, and totally screwing up the first hole I played and getting away with a bogey, I shot a 77. I think they moved the tees up to less than 5900 yards and put the pins in really easy placement positions for the tournaments. I had 3 less than 1 foot tap in pars. I also squeaked out a bogey from an OB drive on a really short par 5 (449 yards).

How about that? The Lowest score won ! With a little help from the greens men. . .

1 double, 5 bogeys, 12 pars, 8 FW, 9 GIR , 31 putts (5-1 putt, 13-2 putts).

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Last Sat: 76 on my home course. Last Sunday: Went and played Royal Pines where they play the Australian PGA Championship the last few years. It was raining and I started bad with a 42 on the front, then I caught on fire. Like real heat. Had 2 under 34 on the back nine (bogeyed the last!) to shoot 42-34/76. Pretty happy with that round considering the course!

Then played a 4-ball Ambrose and led the team to an 11 under 61 score to win the day with huge prizes.

Saturday i played in my home courses normal comp and shot 75 for second place on the day. Recent rounds of 76-76-75. I've had a good couple of weeks!

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 9.5* :titleist:

3 Wood: Titleist 913F 15*  :titleist:

Hybrid: Titleist 913H 19*    :titleist:

4-PW: Titleist 712 AP2 S300      :titleist:

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 588 52*, 56*& 60* :cleve:

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 :cameron:

Ball: Taylormade TPx         :tmade: 

Only went to the range two times this season. Played for the firs time this evening.

Long Game: B (5 out of 7) drives were solid

Iron Game: D. Struggled to get solid contact with the ball and ground

Short Game: F, I have no feel at all for any short game shots. I actually hit a few good ones later in the round. I thinned and shanked a few pitch shots on the first couple of holes.

Putting: C. Averaged 2 putts per hole. Still need to work on the stroke some more.

Overall a +9, 44. I had three pars, and a lot of blow up holes. I actually had no penalties. Just a lot of wasted shots with irons and short game.

For the amount of time spent actually practicing I was really happy with off the tee performance.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Had my first golf tournament ever yesterday and today and was interesting. I shot a 104 yesterday and a 95 today on one of the hardest courses in Texas with terrible wind and we had to walk the course which is terrible to walk because of all the hills and all. Yesterday I double parred three holes on the front nine and really just blew up but got it together but today I basically played bogey golf with like 2 pars and I birdied the last hole, (Short par 5 and I left an eagle chip short by about a foot or less) and then 1 big blow up hole and a few double bogies. I am hoping to be in the mid 80's by the end of the golf season in a month or so but that means I really need to work on my chipping and make a few more putts. I was on or around the green pretty easily on every hole but 3 putted too many times and miss hit a bunch of chip shots and short wedges. But I am not all that mad for it being my first tournament ever.

Yesterday,

39-41-80

6600 Yards (Gold Tees)

71.7/132

Best I've hit the ball since the season opened.  Windy as hell and fairways are still spongy and not much roll.  Only bad drive was on 18.

7 FIR

7 GIR

31 putts

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

31/3/2015

42/40-82 par 72 playing long off black markers 6542m. 1 birdie,8 pars,7 bogies,2 doubles, (29 putts) need get rid of the doubles. Putter saved the day.

Titleist 915 D2-10.5°, Titleist 915 F 15°, PING G25 16.5°, PING G30 Hybrid 19°
PING G25 4-W, Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 48°/52°
Rife Bimini Island Series Putter, PING DLX Bag
Sureshot Rangefinder, PING Sensor Glove, Srixon Q star Balls.

• Administrator

77 at Berkeley Hall (South) on Saturday.

73 at Berkeley Hall (North) on Sunday.

75 at Pinecrest CC on Monday in some really windy conditions.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Not a real Score, But played two rounds of matchplay the last days. Won both :) One 4 on 3 and the other 5 on 4. Pretty satisfied.

WITB:

| 3-Wood | :callaway: Razr Fit 15°

|  Hybrid | :cobra: Baffler T-Rail 18°

|   Irons  | :tmade: TP CB 5-PW

|  Wedge | :tmade: TP 56/12

|  Putter  | :odyssey: Versa 1w

|    Ball   |  Dx2

|    Bag   | :callaway: Standbag