IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

80 last night and really didn't play too bad had OB and hazard penalties on holes I usually play well. I just can't hit greens a measly 28% GIR. Last year I averaged 41% for the year and this year hovering around 30%. Not sure what is going on other than I hit a lot or poor approach shots seems my driving is better this year. My scoring average is about the same so I am getting up and down more than I'd like.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Told myself I was going to shoot an 82 today and ended up shooting an 87

41-46, was 3 over through 7 on the front nine with the two easiest holes on the course to come and I pulled a ball into the water on the short par 3 8th and I doubled the hole.

Back nine started off with 2 doubles but I finished with 2 pars and a birdie on the hardest hole on the course which helped salvage my round.

I holed a 20 yard chip to salvage par on a par 5 and I made a few decent putts but I missed 2 easy birdie putts on the front nine which sucked but overall played well. I was fading/slicing my driver way too much for my comfort and my irons were just a tad bit off aka hit 2 bunkers on 2 par 3's because I pulled one 5 yards and pushed one five yards.

Course: 74.3/136 6800 ish yards

Woof. 90 on a 70.8/131. Went 42-48. My putting first went to hell, then my ball striking went to hell the second half. I'm struggling with controlling a 20 yard draw that I have going right now. 15 nGIR, too many doubles as well.

Oh well, playing tomorrow. I wasn't that terrible today. I think I can be 10 strokes better easily. That was probably the worst score I could have shot with how I was hitting the ball.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Saturday Game, 42/40 82 net 66, handicap going in right direction. 1 birdie,5 pars,12bogies, left a few puts right on cup could have broke 80 with touch of luck, but not to be.

Titleist 915 D2-10.5°, Titleist 915 F 15°, PING G25 16.5°, PING G30 Hybrid 19°
PING G25 4-W, Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 48°/52°
Rife Bimini Island Series Putter, PING DLX Bag
Sureshot Rangefinder, PING Sensor Glove, Srixon Q star Balls.

Saturday,

Kittyhawk GC (Eagle Course), Whites, CR: 71.6, Slope 125

Dayton, OH

50-52-102

For my first-ever handicap posting, I surely didn't set the bar very high.

The round turned sour on hole 5 and didn't get any better after that. I just didn't hit many solid shots. Concentration lapses cost my plenty front and back.

The best thing I can say about it is that this sort of round would have been a lot worse a year ago. I've been working on keeping a positive (or at least a less-negative) attitude. Previously, this was the sort of round that would result in 110 or worse.

83 on a pretty average course yesterday.

But I had a great drive on 18 and managed to triple the hole regardless.  That changed it from a decent round to a mediocre one immediately.  Hitting decent.  Need to hit the greens better.  My distance control used to be a strength.  Now I'm trying to get it back.

Only the 2nd round of the season

Bill - 

Played two rounds on the weekend.  CR - 71.2/128.

Score HCP putts GIR Db+ Par Birdie FIR %
88 14.24 30 3 5 7 0 57%
94 19.32 31 4 6 6 1 79%

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Played my home course today, blue tees. Started 7-6-4 (par 4-4-3) before making a birdie 4 on hole 4 -- hit a driver into light rough, hit a utility metal (couldn't hit a full wood) to about 50 yards, pitched to a nice spot on the green and made a nice easy downhill putt :-) I'd later birdie hole 9 and par hole 11 (a big deal for me -- it's a 435 yard par 4) en route to today's 86. This brought my handicap trend to 14.6, but I need to shoot a differential of 17.6 or better in my next round (90 or better at my home course), or my trend will go up to 14.7. Just the same, excited for a new personal best handicap index, plus only my third-ever round with two birdies. :-)

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

SGCC

41-40-81

70.7/128

6300 Yds

A seven hole stretch of bogey's did me in today.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Ugly 88.  My swing left me.  The club felt like a foreign object to me all day.  It was as if I was just learning golf.

I hope this slump ends soon.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Well, I got out on Friday and Sunday with my son. And if any of you care to recall, I took your advice and started going for two on par-5 holes. One resulted in a birdie on Friday. Thanks. Par 72 slope 132 6530 Holes 2-4, 8 all pars and 2-putts. Bogeyed 1, 5, 6, 9 Birdied 7 No three putts Out: +3 Holes 10, 12, 15-18 all pars and 2-putts. Bogeyed 11, 13, 14 One three putt on 14 - a bastard of a green In: +3 Sunday: Holes 1, 2, 6, 7, 8 pars and 2-putts. Bogeyed 3,4,5,9 One three putt on 3 - no excuse Out: +4 Holes 11, 13, 15, 17, 18 pars and 2-putts. Bogeyed 10, 12, 14, 16 No three putts In: +4 On a very bright note: my 11 year old broke 90 for the first time. Sand save on 18!!

84 yesterday and honestly it was the best I've hit the ball all year just was unlucky a few times. Private course, lot's of trees and some things I just didn't expect due to unfamiliarity. The greens were really firm but kind of shaggy and typically very quick but I left several putts a foot or so short that were tracking to the hole. Couple times I just didn't execute. After a 289 drive I had just 84 yards to the pin and slightly chunked a wedge that dropped dead about 5 feet from the green. I had an easy chip that I hit toe down right at the hole but it checked up really quick and rolled about half way to the hole. At my home course I stick that near the hole damn near every time. But I drove the ball really well other than clipping a few trees.

Dave :-)

Ugly 88.  My swing left me.  The club felt like a foreign object to me all day.  It was as if I was just learning golf.

I hope this slump ends soon.

Chuckle.   In comparison, my 88 on Saturday was a pretty one, only the 2nd time this year I broke 90.   I am relearning golf as I completely changed my swing in January through lessons.   I am hoping my slump is gone for good and I make my way into scoring in 80s regularly once again.   And may you score in 70s .... :beer:

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Chuckle.   In comparison, my 88 on Saturday was a pretty one, only the 2nd time this year I broke 90.   I am relearning golf as I completely changed my swing in January through lessons.   I am hoping my slump is gone for good and I make my way into scoring in 80s regularly once again.   And may you score in 70s ....   :beer:

When a single digit shoots an 88 it's a bad thing. It's how you shot it that makes it acceptable or bad. I shot 78 the other day on a 1 stroke easier course, but in two parts. I was not very happy with it because of the 3 doubles on the front. The 3 birdies were nice, but it's extremely rare for me.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

played a 98 today. very staisfied, many good shots, sadly 3 blow up's but still very good. feeling good for the season

WITB:

| 3-Wood | :callaway: Razr Fit 15°

|  Hybrid | :cobra: Baffler T-Rail 18°

|   Irons  | :tmade: TP CB 5-PW

|  Wedge | :tmade: TP 56/12

|  Putter  | :odyssey: Versa 1w

|    Ball   |  Dx2

|    Bag   | :callaway: Standbag

4/6/15 @ River Forest, Freeport, PA  (par 71)

41-40=81 from the senior tees

I had  a four hole stretch in the middle of the round where I went double-single-double-double, for 7 over par. I was 3 over for the other 14 holes. :doh:

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Welp my tournament today was pretty awful

56-42=108

The worst round I have had in the last couple of months and one of the few rounds in the 100's lately

Tips on a 6800 yards- 73.7/150 course in Houston

I hit the ball so well but the slice I have been playing in the last few weeks went away and I couldn't adapt. I would slice the ball sometimes or draw the ball sometimes and I never knew which way it was going. I only 3 putted once and my chipping wasn't great but I didn't chink any chips or anything too bad, I always gave myself a chance to make the putt/ 2 putt

The Killer: 16 penalty strokes, lost 13 balls (had to borrow from my teammates/group partners lol it was bad), I usually have a couple of penalty strokes and all but never like this before.

Also got unlucky with cart paths a few times but overall I felt like I played a nice 80-95 round but I shot a 108 and ya so gonna get a lesson this week and hopefully get a consistent ball flight for next week!