IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Been raining all week and could only get a tee time at a super nice court in Houston which was sweet

Black horse golf club- 74.1/134, 6950 yards, par 72

44-44=88

3 triple bogies including 2 snowmen, 2 birdies, 6 pars

Hit the ball so well but those 3 awful holes killed me and my putting was not fantastic, I didn't make a putt outside about 6 feet until the last hole when I sunk a 12 footer for par!

First time playing the course and overall a great day just glad the rain held out and I hope I can get a nice round in tomorrow!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

First time I swung a golf club in seven months today.  Played 27 holes and shot 43-40-40.  I actually four putted the last hole on the last nine to shoot 40.  Ugh.

Still, I was thoroughly pleased with the rounds.  I'm positive I'm going to have a good year.  Whatever happened during the break, my swing feels more comfortable than it has in like eight years.

"Witty golf quote."

Well I'm far away from most of you, but I feel I am going to progress a lot this season. I'm still very much a hack beginner and this will be my second season. I started golfing last June. I played my first nine holes today, and came exceptionally high at 62. I feel this is is an improvement over last year, as I was 55-57, but never counted OB strokes and lost ball strokes. Last year I didnt even count extra shots (when I sliced my drive into the bushes and dropped another ball) and I usually lost a dozen balls per round. This year I am trying to be as legit as possible. I came out losing only 4 balls. I also feel I made way better shots all around. While it is nowhere near par and horrible compared to others, I feel I am on my way to a great season and look forward to my progression throughout the season. I should also mention that work safety incentives bought me a cligear 3.5+ cart. So I have, chosen to walk all my rounds, and hopefully shed a couple pounds while having fun.

Friday,

Miami Shores GC, Troy OH, White tees, CR 66.8

49-46-95

Had absolutely horrible holes on 1, 2 and 13, but picked myself off the floor to avoid triple digits. I managed three pars in a row after the quad on 13, so it was nice to manage a bit of mental resilience for a change.

Makai Golf Club Blue Tees 37-41-78 6496 Yds 71.4/127 1 3 putt, 1 ball in hazard and a three hole bogey stretch. No birdies today, first round without one. Leaving Hawaii today.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

70.8/131 6550 yards par 71 42+42 = 84 Aerated greens. But it was my driver that wasn't working. Ugh. Back to the range.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

74.1/131/ 7100 yards

Pre tournament round

Played awful but my putting saved me from shooting in the hundreds

48+50=98

Probably took like 11 penalty strokes, got unlucky a lot, and overall a bad day.

Hope I do a bit better for my tournament tomorrow.

First round of the year today. Was so excited last night I could barely sleep! Shot an 84 on a Par 71, 67.9/130. Pretty happy about the end results. Lost a couple strokes from poor chips but great putting cemented the score.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

First round of the year for me as well. Had to shake off some rust. Started bogey-triple and +7 through 5 holes... Then finished the last 13 even par. A satisfying 79.

4th time out this year-managed a 48 nine hole. Hoping that will improve to a 45 by year end. First month last year was in the 55's.

Also using a new crock pot-way more fun coming home to a cooked meal

Today, I played two rounds back to back.

1st round:  89 net    .... :bugout: I didn't have time to warm up and it was really needed as my body was exceptionally sore.  No GIR and lots of lost balls & OBs. Ball striking was non existent.  Things started poorly and got progressively worse.   The only thing working was chipping but it was not enough to stop a train wreck.  Ate lunch and went back to the course for either for a range practice or another round.  Opted to go with another round.  Glad I did.

2nd round: 72 net   ... :dance: Chipping got even better which led to only 26 total putts.  Had only 2 GIRs but got up and down 5 times.  Toward the 2nd 9, I figured out what I was doing wrong with my ball striking.  My game got progressively better.    This score would lower my HI to 16.8.  My stated HI goal for 2015 is 16.   I am there already.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Nine hole 43. Two doubles, three bogeys, four pars.

Solid tee game - glad once again for swapping out the 20* hybrid for a 22* 7W. My distance with this club is key on two of the holes on the home course; easier for me to hit straight.

Five near GIR and one GIR. Of course the one was on a par five courtesy of a bump and run.

Food for thought - there was much talk this past week about the number of clubs used around the green. I think I forced the issue a bit today, thus those two doubles. I need to get a short game philosophy and stick to it. Maybe the 50* and then deviate from that when the situation is blatantly obvious. The never-ending pursuit...

Beautiful day in NW Nevada. Sadly, first evidence of drought's effects on what the summer conditions are going to be like. Farming & Wells > Golf, but it's still sad to see the brown and burnt so early.

Gambling is illegal at Bushwood sir, and I never slice.   

Whohoooooo my first official under par round! -2

included 3 eagles ( 1 hole in one ) and a birdie.

ended the round with a double bogey, got a bit over exited after the ace on 17.

• Upvote 2

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

Only got in 9 holes this weekend. Played strange but typical score 40. I tried to play yesterday but the wind was too severe so just a few holes before leaving.

Dave :-)

Last week in Maui - Kahili course.  45/36

It took 9 holes to figure out the driver and the little grips.  I had a bad hook with that club.  Finally started hitting straight with my 'normal' slice/fade swing.  I suspect it was 'fitted' to help induce a draw.

Beautiful course, something like 6800 yards from the tips.   Some really super shots.  Always windy in Maui

three birdies on the back 9 (both par 5s and a par 3) - started hitting really nicely.  don't have the score card here at work, will enter it when I'm all caught up at home.

fun stuff - I hate it when vacation ends....

Bill - 

Hi everyone, I'm new here. Into my 2nd year of taking golf seriously. Yesterday I shot 44 over 9 holes on a semi-difficult course, which was a personal best. A few short game issues and fat shots kept my from 40.

I just got a part-time gig here at Newman so he gave me free golf, got out late morning played 27 holes zipped around in a little less than 3.5 hours... First nine (whites): 42 Rough start, 7, 4, 5 but settled down a little... GIR: 1/9 Fairways: 2 Birdies: 1 nGIR: 7 Putts: 15 Second Nine: 45 (Blues) This nine woulda been a lot better except I made all bogeys the first 4 holes, parred 5 and 6, bogeyed 7 and 8, and made a snowman on 9 (old 18)... Third 9: 41 (whites) My final nine around I hit it terrible off the tee, the only fairway I hit was the 5th... and was driving short because of shots shooting up with the wind... but I had 10 putts in 9 holes, before you say how was that possible, well I basically chipped and pitched everything inside ten feet and made everything from their except a slight misread on 5...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Alright so this is my 2nd full year playing the game. I'm 20 years old and shoot in the low 90's on a good day. Never had a lesson but people always tell me I should. When I get a good swing on my driver, I've hit the ball as far as 325 yards. On average I hit my driver about 280-300. I'm a long hitter that just needs the right mechanics. Any ideas on lessons I should take? Do I have what it takes to play at a high level?