IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Drumm Farm GC:  Par72  72.5CR 137slope 6564yds

40-39=79

The story of the day was missing 4 putts inside of 4-5ft and a shank wedge on #16 that led to double.  Aside from that, I played pretty well.  It rained every day for a week and the course was waterlogged and the rough was long.......it was a cool morning and the course played much longer than the norm. I've played the 7,121yd tips many times on days when the course played much shorter from the tips compared to how the course played from the shorter tees I played from today.....LOL

Fairways: 10-14

Greens: 6

Putts: 30

1 birdie

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

43 - Shawnee blue course (only had time for 9 after dinner)

Positives:  1-194 & 1-221 yd par 3's ... made green on both f'n ridiculously long & tough par 3's with 2h.   Smoked 3w off deck on long par 5 - best wood shot all year.

Negatives: Tanked 2 - 4 iron approach shots really bad.   Gotta put some time in on the 4i - it's my weakest link right now.   Hooking driver - having to really back off it to keep it straight ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A lovely little course called Palm Desert Resort Country Club. Well maintained, some very interesting holes, including a peninsula par-3. Shot 88, included a birdie on #16 and nearly on #18 too. Finished birdie-par-par. :-)

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I had my best ball striking round in a few years. Didn't see enough putts go in though. I only missed 2 fairways and hit 16 greens and came away with a 74. Best score in a couple of years but walked away feeling like it should have been a lot better. Us golfers are a funny breed!

68.1/118, 6034 yds.  43/42 - 85 for a new personal best.  Hit 8/12 fairways, 31 putts.  Avoided a double bogey until the 10th hole, then got three of them on the back, but had 4 pars to offset them.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Shot a 78 today with 14 GIR and 2 on the fringe. They just aerated the greens on Wednesday. Four 3-putts. Only made one putt over 6 feet. Sucked.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Range yesterday. Thought I had a rythm worked out for my driver, turns out converting range practice into improved on course play once again was elusive. Shot 58 through 9 holes.(36 handicap) 2 holes where a 9 and 8. i tried to hit a longer club off of not so great a lie. i still haven't got to the point where i realize that the not so great shot that put me into the mode of wanting and thinking i need a greater followup shot using a more difficult, for me, club and lie- to make up for the bad one- is going to put me on tilt

86 on an easy course.  Back nine was fine (41) but the front (45) I just couldn't putt or chip the entire time.

left 3 easy putts for birdie just sitting there - let alone just not getting up and down for par on a few holes from real easy spots

fun though, we played two 3man teams and came out dead even

Bill - 

I played Bardmoor yesterday and shot an 88, 44/side.  Would have been better had I not put 4 in water, 2 of which were on the same hole. :blink: Needing only 29 putts saved me!

http://www.golfshot.com/Rounds/Detail/130-28087673-28087815

DJ

Follow me at Game Golf Profile: http://www.gamegolf.com/player/djfajt71 

41-40=81... Hitting it better... Hit a shag bag full of balls before playing... Was hitting it really solid, most of my misses were in the nGIR category... 10 pars, 7 bogeys, 1 double (I hit over the green on 3 and had no way to stop it) 6 GIR, and like I said mostly nGIR

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

My personal best.....91.  Should have broke 90 but the hacker in me won through!  Maybe next time.

• Upvote 1

Matt

What ho, Sandtrap! 46/46 - 92 today. A fairly good score for me. I'm improving fast. Have just become a member at the cherished local 9 hole course in Essex. First full membership. In driving I was pleased to find that shortening my back swing helped me keep the club face square - I think my transitions, which I understand to be the top of the back swing - were pretty wild. Not many three putts but not many one putts either.

Drumm Farm GC:  Par72  72.5CR 137slope 6564yds

Once again the putter let me down, but I played well on Sunday.  The course was waterlogged and it was a cool morning=the course played super long for the yardage.

38-39=77

Fairways: 13/14

Greens: 9

Putts:31

SS: 0/1

Birdies: 2

I 3-putted once from too close and missed 3 makeable putts in the 5-foot rage.  Aside from that, it was a solid day!!

HEY PEOPLE.......

.........not to sound like a broken record, but please share the course stats when posting scores to add some relevance to sharing them.   Those who share a score without any course detail, are giving scores with no meaning.   It might as well be a par3 course with 90yd holes for all we know.   Please....AT LEAST...share the CR and slope of the tees you played.

Rant OFF.................

Thank you

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

38-40=78 @ River Forest, F reeport, PA from the senior tees.

10 pars

1 birdie

1 double

6 bogies

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

[b]Brampton Park Golf Club. Par71, White Tees 6310 yards. Exact Handicap: 22[/b] Front 9 - 39 out, 6x Par, 3x Bogey, 3x FIR, 6x GIR, 8x 2Putt, 1x 1Putt Back9 - 42 back, 4x Par, 4x Bogey, 1x Triple Bogey, 2x FIR, 2x GIR, 5x 2Putt, 4x 1Putt Total: 81 (39/42 and 31 putts) [b]Notes from todays round.[/b] 1. This is the most pars Ive ever had in a round of golf (previous record was 8). 2. The front nine 39 was the first time I have ever broken 40! 3. This is the lowest number of bogeys Ive ever had and most certainly the lowest number of double or worse bogeys Ive ever had. 4. No three putts in the round which helped clean up a number of holes, turning bogeys in to pars and double bogeys in to bogeys! 5. 81 is the lowest score Ive ever shot in my life to date! Today was an assessment round to see what progress Im making after joining a local golf acadamy to help improve my game. That does mean the round does not count towards my handicap (as my pro isnt a member of my course). Life is good! :) Regards Mailman

Mailman