IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

88 today at a local public course from the whites, 68/120/6002 Couldn't make any putts (37), had an OB off a tee and a hazard on another. A couple of really nice shots, a couple of too nice shots where I hit them 10+ yards further than I even thought I could and thus over the green. Biggest plus for me is not a single hook off the tee. A couple of slices but as I am trying to stop the shot to the left, that's acceptable. ;-)

Matt E.

:srixon: Z745 (9.5°)

:touredge: XCG5 4 wood (16.5°)

:gigagolf: Turbo Power Z 7 wood (21°)

Louisville Golf Niblick 7 wood (24°)

Miura Baby Blades 5-PW

:mizuno: MP69 PW (50°)

Scor Wedges (53°, 57°)

:edel: Putter

Played 9 and shot a pretty rough 48. Ball striking was terrible. But on a good note, I only had 15 putts total and only 1 three putt. I didn't hit a single gir, but did 1-putt on four holes. Pretty ugly altogether but could have been worse.

81 front 40 back 41  rate 72.6 slope 135 indexed 7.0

Putts 33

Frw 9/14

GIR 9/18

Have not been playing very much since buying new home but hope to change that in the next couple months.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

22/5/2015

42/42-84 great start level par after 6 the could not take trick, bad bounces and putts not falling.

Titleist 915 D2-10.5°, Titleist 915 F 15°, PING G25 16.5°, PING G30 Hybrid 19°
PING G25 4-W, Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 48°/52°
Rife Bimini Island Series Putter, PING DLX Bag
Sureshot Rangefinder, PING Sensor Glove, Srixon Q star Balls.

38, 37, 75. Played a new course that was pretty wide open. Conditions were fair. I was smashing the driver and had tons of wedge shots. Missed a few birdie putts but nothing within 12 feet. Pretty good day though.

Shot 37front 39 back. 76 Monthly Medal. Won by 6 shots to nearest rival.

21 Putts, 11 GIR 11 Fir. Conditions were great its Autumn her in Australia.

WAs playing off 8 now back to 6.8

LSW helped.

Par 72 - Thurgoona Country Club. Google it. Great Course.

Measures 6300m or 7000 Yards

Remember its just a game.....more serious than life and death.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Par 72 - Thurgoona Country Club. Google it. Great Course.

Remember its just a game.....more serious than life and death.

Saturday,

Community GC, Hills Course, Dayton, OH (whites, 67.9, 122)

48-53-101

I actually hit the ball halfway decent, but couldn't even come close with the putter. As advertised the greens were faster than anything I've ever seen on a City of Dayton golf course. It was flat stupid how many times my putts finished further away from the hole than they started.

Friday,

Kittyhawk FC, Eagle Course, Dayton OH (whites, 71.9, 125)

49-50-99

Always pleased to hit double digits here. Didn't drive the ball worth a damn. No moments of greatness. I just avoided the worst trouble and got out of the trouble I found. Believe it or not, I lost only one ball on the whole round.

This rainy weather sucks!!! It rained 21 days out of 23 days in May so far. Including today when I had a tee time this afternoon. Had to quit after 3 holes because of a down pour and thunderstorms.
  • Upvote 1

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

This rainy weather sucks!!! It rained 21 days out of 23 days in May so far. Including today when I had a tee time this afternoon. Had to quit after 3 holes because of a down pour and thunderstorms.

Sorry to hear that, Yukari.  I wish we can move some of your rain to CA.

Carded 96 on a windy day on 71.2/126 CR course.  Wind was "unplayable" according to a playing partner.   It cost me about 4 strokes in my assessment, probably more.  Had 35 putts, 8 out 14 FIRs, 4 GIRs (all on front 9 when wind wasn't much of a factor), 5 pars (ditto).   Same wind forecast for tomorrow but I can't complain.  Golf with wind is better than no golf due to rain.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Shot a weird 83 yesterday on a 70.3/126. Had a couple of doubles. First time since my first round this year had multiple doubles in a round. And put two balls in the water off the tee. One of which was a hybrid layup....and still made bogey. Put myself on front fringe in 2 on a par 5 with a great drive and hooking hybrid around the corner perfectly...then walked away with a par....it was just a weird round. Drove the ball well, hit alot of irons off the toe.

82 yesterday, probably the most unusual round I had in a while. Working through a swing change on a 71.6/131, I shot 10 over on the front, considered the easier nine, and then promptly said screw it and shot even on the back, hitting 7 greens.

I have the hooks bad with the driver lately - its been this way the last 3 or 4 rounds ... don't think I hit a fairway all day.    Have the driver even set to neutral now.    Killing me.   Swing is so messed up trying to fix this, even hitting draws when set up to hit a fade - its pretty brutal and incredibly frustrating.

Anyways, shot a scrambling 91 - rest of game was fine - some outstanding approach shots & putting was better than average.    Sucks royally to have to chop that 2nd shot of the deep rough every time.     Just can't seem to fix the hooks with the driver ... off to the range later - won't play again until I get a handle on this

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

I shot 7 over for 9 holes yesterday, my best so far this year. I also wasted four putts, so could have been better.  Went out this morning and shot 90 on the par 72 and again it was the putter that hurt me. My putting is usually pretty good but I am so busy working on improving my break reading that I am leaving lots short, Of the 90 strokes this morning, 42 were putts and that included 2 @ 4 putts. Seems I get one part of my game in check and another slips.

Carded 96 on a windy day on 71.2/126 CR course.  Wind was "unplayable" according to a playing partner.   It cost me about 4 strokes in my assessment, probably more.  Had 35 putts, 8 out 14 FIRs, 4 GIRs (all on front 9 when wind wasn't much of a factor), 5 pars (ditto).   Same wind forecast for tomorrow but I can't complain.  Golf with wind is better than no golf due to rain.

Carded 95 on a less windy day.  The course was playable except for a few holes which the wind was just too much.   Putted 32 times without a 3-putt.  Made almost all short putts, hit 10/14 fairways, but had only 1 GIR.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

49+41=90

Home course, 6900 yards, 73.2/133

Front nine was just awful and I even had to use a mulligan, didn't get to warm up and just could not make super good contact with anything.

I hit 1 green and 2 fairways on the front nine and did not one putt once, had 18 putts on the front.

Back nine I got it together and was doing really good until a triple on the 17th but I hit 5 greens and 3 fairways. Had 15 putts and actually got up and down a few times. Overall not an awful day but need to get more consistent. My new swing change has me hitting the ball farther and I was 165 out today with the wind behind me and I hit an 8 to the very back of the green which was around 180 yards. Was amazed I could hit an 8 that far!