IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Had my league, which is 9 holes in the evening ... shot a 47 and that includes a 7 and 8 on two holes ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot a 43 for 9 holes yesterday. My short irons which I usually do well with weren't working as well as usual for me. Driving was better than normal. Did well on short putts of 7 feet or less. I did manage to get one birdie on a 265 yd. par 4 and a couple of pars on a 285 yd par 4 as well as a par on a 375 yard par 4

Not bad since I would have shot around 52 just two years ago. It's nice to see my score coming down these past two years.

Green Crest GC 68.3/ 119 A very lousy and somewhat embarrassing 87 (47/40). I could not make solid contact on the front side. Thin or topped shots were the fail of the day. I just started a "my swing" thread and gotten some really good feedback (thank you) but it isn't something I should be thinking about DURING a swing. After 12 holes I said forget it and just started swinging, played in 1 over the rest of the way. I just have to remember to differentiate the range lessons and actual rounds. The range is to get a swing engrained while the course is made to use the swing you brought. Changing a swing during a round leads to a lot of crash and burn.
  • Upvote 1

Shot a 43, 7 over off the blue tees last night with 18 putts (including the ones from the apron)  My driving is improving but I need to work on short game some more. Our course is fairly narrow and tree lined but I only had to chip out sideways once.  My consistency is improving, so that's encouraging, I practice most days..

Par 71 - 6,248 yards - 68.7/123

37/36 - 73

My second best round ever and only 1 shot from my previous best of 72 at the same course ironically. It is a shorter course than what I'm use to but it just suits my eye well and I play great every time.

Pars - 12

Birdies - 2

Bogeys - 4

Fairways - 8/14

GIRs - 12/18

Putts - 32

I was striking the ball really well all day with the exception of a few shots. I was -1 through the first 7 but finished with back-to-back bogeys on 8 and 9 for +1 on the front. That would of been the the first time I was under par for 9 holes but I choked the last 2 holes, I've been even for 9 a few times. I bought the Callaway Apex UT 18° driving iron before the round and boy was I happy I did. The club is a beast off the tee and if you can hit your long irons well, it is great for hitting those long par 5's if you don't need to land it softly. If you aren't a hybrid guy you should give it a try. I probably could of had my first round under par if it wasn't for the suspect green conditions. I had a few putts bounce off-line that really had a chance to go in. I will get that round of under par soon if I play the way I did today.

Eric

In the Bag:

Driver - Cobra Bio Cell+ 9.5°

3 Wood - Titleist 980F 15°

5 Wood - Cobra Speed LD F 17°

Irons - Taylormade TP MC 3-PW

Wedges - 50°/56° Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0

Putter - Odyssey Versa #1 

I played a short local course from the tips last weekend... (it's only about 6,100 yards)

I shot 75 and played pretty good.  It's a par 71.

Bad news:  I missed a hole in one by 10 inches.

Good news:  It was on a par 4.  ha!

The hole was playing 320.  I hit a good drive inside the right tree line and hit the cart path in the air.  One bounce off the path was all it took.  Better to be lucky than good!

Had my monthly outing with my step-father yesterday. We live a couple hours apart and meet-up at various courses to play.

Yesterday was at Oak Valley, an Arnold Palmer course in the middle of NC. Played the blues, 72/133/6682. Course is very, very hilly and my iPhone said I walked 10 miles. Greens were great, fairway still dormant maybe dead. The cold winters and late frost the last two years in NC have hurt several courses.

Shot an 89, 44/45. From an index point of view, my best round of the year and third best of my last 20. Unfortunately my handicap trended up another .6 due to my final crazy score from last year coming off.

My stepfather beat me with an 87, although we play match play so it was a 2 and 1 loss, even though I can out drive him by 50-70 yards. A shank OB with an 8 iron killed me on the 16th when we were all square. Two missed straight up hill putts from 4 and 6 feet on the 11th and 13th also lost two holes for me.

Not happy about losing but generally played well. No snap hooks, which is the shot I am trying to correct, lowest number of putts in a year which makes me happy as I have been practicing almost every day and it finally paid off. And I got out of the sand 5/5, saved par once and saved bogey twice. A year ago a bunker meant the hole would be an ESC. :-P

The biggest killer of my score was coming up 20 yards short on multiple approaches, par 3s. I made solid contact but didn't realize until the 15th that in an effort to be smooth I had lost a chunk of speed. Fixed that on the 15th but then the shank and a bad drive on 17 did me in.

Matt E.

:srixon: Z745 (9.5°)

:touredge: XCG5 4 wood (16.5°)

:gigagolf: Turbo Power Z 7 wood (21°)

Louisville Golf Niblick 7 wood (24°)

Miura Baby Blades 5-PW

:mizuno: MP69 PW (50°)

Scor Wedges (53°, 57°)

:edel: Putter

Trouble off the tee with driver last night. Three wood was golden as usual so it helped me recover to shoot 87 after a round that looked like it would be low 90's. Finished par,birdie, par, birdie

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Thursday night league at The Creek at Qualchan in Spokane WA.

I played pretty good but could not make a putt.

0/7 fairways but most of the misses were in good spots...

5/9 GIR, 2 of the missed greens were on the fringe.

Putts:  18 putts... basically 2 putted every green but had 5 birdie putts of 10 to 15 feet.

5 pars, 4 bogeys, for a 40.  Could have easily been a 37 or better.  I was late to the golf course again and was able to hit a few balls but did not get to warm up putting... never got a feel for the greens.

36 hole tournament this weekend... Hangman Amateur.

:mizuno:  :titleist:  :tmade:

82 on a short course about 6,000 yds. Scrambling was unreal today. I was shaping all sorts of approach shots and my 60 degree was wonderful today. Only hit 6 fairways and 6 GIR. Was on in 2 on two of the par 5s. Holed out from 40yds on one of the par 4s. Pretty consistent round for me on a forgiving course. Should have broken 80 but 41-41, I can't complain on a course i've never played before.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

I was 8 over today. I'm hitting the 3 wood off the tee well and hit three chips to tap in range. A couple of bad iron shots led to double bogeys though.

First round today of the Hangman Valley Amateur... and I blew up on the back nine.  Played with a course handicap of 10 and shot 42-49 for a 91 total.  Haven't really digested the round or looked at stats.  On the positive I hit some great shots... Short Par 5 playing up hill and into the wind... I had  245 to the flag and hit my 3 wood off a side hill lie to 20 feet.  lipped out the eagle put but made birdie.  The other Par 5 on the front I hit my first drive OB and ended up with a 9.  On the back nine I think I had 3 doubles and a triple.  One of the doubles was a short par 4 with a severe green sloped back to front... ended up above the hole and my 10 foot birdie putt went off the green and my par put was a 20 footer up the hill.  The first 4 putt I can remember.

Of course the leader in my flight shot a 74 with an 8 handicap.

52+53 for me today, muni course.

followed that up by an awsome steak, rice, lentil crock pot curry

I'm melting

Round 2 of the Hangman Valley Amateur... Worse than the first and I went 50-46 for 96. Putting on these greens was a joke and time I hit a green my first putt had at least 3 to 4 feet of break. Landing areas were about 5 yards wide to get below the hole and obviously I didn't have the skill. Feeling defeated. Tough day

85 on a short, but VERY tight local course - first time I played it.  You HAVE to hit your lines and placements or it's incredibly penal.  I really liked it.  Had to focus.  Used my hybrids more than ever on this course.  Only missed 4 fairways, and 2 of those were hit with the right amount of shaping I was going for, but the map I was using had exaggerated dog legs drawn vs reality (so I read it wrong, but hit it as intended).

Still getting my yardages figured out.  Irons were hitting long.  Driver was unusually short for me.  I switched balls.  Chipping finally back to form.  It'll have to be as most of my pars nowadays are up and downs.

Still TOO MANY bogies.  I have to figure it out.  Just missing greens when I don't have to.  Maybe I bit off too much with the new irons....

Bill - 

I haven't played yet due to golfer's elbow but am going to be out on the range tomorrow with my competitive golf team. Should be playing some games this week. Hard to believe it is June and I am still looking for my first game.