IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot 38 on a last minute round at Pleasant Hill. Most enjoyable round of the year and not due to score. We actually had to rush to get in front of a league so no warm up, just load and go. Didn't make any wagers, just played. It was so laid back after the first tee shot...just the type of day you soak up. The really good ball striking didn't hurt. Hope to have these more enjoyable rounds more often.

Differential of 6.4 today.  I played well.  Had a couple long approach shots that turned out better than expected.  Content this evening.

Brian Kuehn

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot a 77 today at Encinitas Ranch - Blue tees 71.2/127. It was one of my best ballstriking days in memory. I hit 13 greens but putted marginally.

• Upvote 1

Got a 41 for 9 holes. Could have been a 38 if I hadn't missed 3 three foot putts

Some days it seems as though I have better luck chipping it in from off the green than I do of making 3 foot putts

Played the toughest course in my area yesterday after work (Wolf Hollow), fought like hell for a 90.   Ball striking was just fine, chipping stellar, working on "flighting" my wedges per another thread, which is really helping my accuracy.    However, I figure my pathological ineptness at putting cost me at least 6 strokes... probably more (3 putted from 3 ft & 4 putted from the fringe on a long lag ... practice just doesn't seem to translate to the course, as every course I play has different green speeds, slopes, etc - just can't ever seem to adapt to all the different conditions I play).

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

http://golfshot.com/Rounds/Detail/161-28776483-28776656

Played 9 after work yesterday at Falls Road GC in Potomac, MD.  Pretty pleased with my 44.

If only I hadn't blown up on the par 3 #5.  Duffed iron, wedge into the greenside bunker, 2 to get out and 2 putts.  Doh!

For the rest of the 9 I hit 5 out of 6 fairways and got a par on the toughest hole, #4, a long par 5.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

Played the Woodlands @ Chateau Elan y esterday. First round with new irons and hybrid and shot a 90 from the back tees. 4 3-putts and two OBs all in all I was pretty happy. Hope to play again next week and clean up my putts. Best part was I played 18 in about 2 hrs and 40 min.

Once again my putting game was my downfall

Played a quick 9 on a par 3 course today. Got eight bogeys and only one par. Driving was decent, pitching was pretty decent, yet because I missed four putts from about three feet I ended up 8 over par with a 35.

Last 3 rounds have been in the 80s(89,84,86). Had my first ace today, but it didnt count. First shot on a 160 yard pae 3 was right, hit a provisional and holed it. Found my first shot and still got the par. Starting to see some real progress the last couple weeks. Just started playing last year so glad to see some improvement.

79, Golf Club of Dallas, par 70, 67.5, 124. Hcap at start of round: 9.2. Hcap after round: 9.2. Damn, hate playin from the whites with this group.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

92 at the same course (71.2/128) - 4 GIRs, 9/14 FIRs, 33 putts.  Ball striking is back to my usual, finally.  Short game was slightly off although better than yesterday.   My homework for the next weekend's rounds is to keep to the current ball striking level, and get my short game back.   That should be good enough to lower my HI.

Another 92 at the same course.  Very similar stat - 3 GIRs, 9/14 FIRs, 35 putts.  Putting was a bit off due to mush green condition as it rained all day yesterday.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Thursday night league... Shot 40 for 9 holes in the wind with gusts up to 25 mph. I was striking the ball great and was actually hitting about 10 yards further that my normal yardages. Before the round while warming up I had was concentrating having my left wrist flat at impact and was really compressing the ball. I had a great penetrating ball flight which was a little lower than my normal ball flight. I was disappointed to only play 9 holes. All of the greens I missed were on the back fringe or over the green. Fairways: 6/7 GIR: 2/9 nGIR 8/9 Putts: 14 was even par for the first 3 holes then triple bogeyed the 4th hole after a bad break. recovered and went 1 over for the last 5 holes.

:mizuno:  :titleist:  :tmade:

Played for first time in two weeks at my local course. An 86, which ties my best for the year. Third time I have shot it, can't seem to get by it!

Used my new driver today, first I have owned. It costs me strokes on the front nine with a wild one in the hazard and others in bad positions. Found the swing that made me buy it and bombed two around 300 carry+roll but then couldn't pitch for anything and barely saved par on one and bogeyed the second. Then duck hooked the driver into the trees on an easy par 5. Sigh.

As badly as my short game was and my driving was, I will take the 86. Irons saved me.

Matt E.

:srixon: Z745 (9.5°)

:touredge: XCG5 4 wood (16.5°)

:gigagolf: Turbo Power Z 7 wood (21°)

Louisville Golf Niblick 7 wood (24°)

Miura Baby Blades 5-PW

:mizuno: MP69 PW (50°)

Scor Wedges (53°, 57°)

:edel: Putter

Played a local muni par 3 course in town this morning.

11/18 GIR

3 Birdies

9 Par

4 bogey

1 triple (yikes!)

Great practice, and had my wife alongside playing so overall a good day.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

I'm 66 years old and I took my 83 year old friend Bob out this morning to walk a round of par 3 at the Newfane, New York Pro-Am Par 3. I did well until the 6th hole when I skulled my drive off to the left into some high grass and had trouble getting out and on the green. Playing from the blues, I still ended up 6 over par without hitting a single green and in spite of the 6th hole. My pitching and putting kept my score low today. My best hole was the 8th. My tee shot landed about 15 yards to the right of the green. From that position I used my 60 degree wedge and the ball went up, made one bounce onto the green and into the cup for a birdie. I had 12 putts for the 9 holes. If it wasn't for my misfire on the 6th, I most likely would have ended up with a 31. Bob had an off day, he plays from the whites and usually does better than the 46 he got today. Bob normally shoots about 39-41 on this course.

+8 strokes 80 total. not great but I feel good to play not too high before national team games 3rd division this coming week

solid on 13 holes, less on 5 others (2 ok bogeys, 3 doubles)

7 greens hit and 5 near misses with par saves + one huge par save on top that's 6 total.

nevertheless 2 tee shots way out. one huge save, 1 dead OB = 1 double.

1 tee shot average in the inside of the curve, had to try to go under trees in a gap then over, with a big draw, why not but shank, double.

1 iron shot cut right or green, slope kick ball huge right in bushes, unplayable back to shot 2 = 3rd double bogey.