IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

37-41-78 70.7/128 2 birdies 3 3 putts

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I shot a 90! 48/42

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Even par on a Mickey Mouse Par 3 course (3 par 4s).Still pretty happy.

Hole 1 - 270 par 4 - par: driver to about 3 feet from green, chip to 10 feet, lip out putt

Hole 2 - 95 par 3 - birdie: SW to 5 feet.

Hole 3 - 150 par 3 - bogey: 9i to rough right of green; chip to 12 feet; 2 putts

Hole 4 - 140 par 3 - par: PW to 25 feet; 2 putts

Hole 5 - 245 par 4 :-) - 3W push to 60 yards short and right off a tree; LW pitch to 15 feet; 2 putts

Hole 6 - 156 par 3 - par: gorgeous 8i to 10 feet right on line; 2 putts

Hole 7 - 185 par 3 - bogey: pushed 6i right to 30 yards from pin; pitch to 15 feet; lipped out putt

Hole 8 - 165 par 3 - par: 7i to 25 feet; 2 putts

Hole 9 - 315 par 4 - birdie: driver about 295! left and short. 20 yard LW chip over a hill to 2 feet. Best shot of the day. 1 putt.

First tournament ever on June 26. Can't wait!

Saturday,

Kittyhawk G.C. (Hawk Course), Dayton, OH CR: 71.1

50-52-102

Been struggling for the last few rounds. I hit a few good shots of every type. The problem was I followed them with bad shots of every type. Just couldn't string two decent strokes in a row.

I'd like to blame 95 degree and 90-percent humidity weather. But that's just another crappy excuse. I got nothing. Shrug.

Getting ready for my company's Ryder Cup tourney next weekend. I didn't get a chance to warm up today and it showed. Bogeyed the first four holes with 3 3-putts. Bogeyed number 9 with a 3 putt. I watched Dave Stockton's putting show oh Golf Channel. Need more practice. On the back I really hit the ball well. Shot 37 with only 2 balls that weren't hit well (both bogeys). The putter was an abomination today. 12 FIR and 14 GIR and 2 chips within 5 feet of green. Playing this Thurs, Fri and Sat.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

First day as a member of the Spokane Country Club and birdied the first hole. Played 9 holes in the evening and had the place to myself... Beautiful night. Played the first 6 holes in 2 under before a bad pitch on #7 led to a double. Bogey on #8 and finished with a par to go in at 37. FIR: 3/7 (all were in play and playable) GIR: 4/9 (2 on the fringe and one easy chip) nGIR: 8/9 Putts: 13 (no 3 putts) Hitting the ball solidly... Almost too solidly. I've had to adjust my yardages to account for firm greens and I've started taking one less club.

:mizuno:  :titleist:  :tmade:

13/6/2015

41/38= 79 my best score since been back playing. 2 birdies,7 pars, 9 bogies, driving was key today did not miss a fairway and had 10 GIR. putting average.

Titleist 915 D2-10.5°, Titleist 915 F 15°, PING G25 16.5°, PING G30 Hybrid 19°
PING G25 4-W, Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 48°/52°
Rife Bimini Island Series Putter, PING DLX Bag
Sureshot Rangefinder, PING Sensor Glove, Srixon Q star Balls.

Another 92 at the same course.  Very similar stat - 3 GIRs, 9/14 FIRs, 35 putts.  Putting was a bit off due to mush green condition as it rained all day yesterday.

93 at the same course (71.2/128)  with another similar set of stat: 4 GIRs, 9/14 FIRs, 33 putts.   Three blown up holes (2 triples, and a quad) did all the damage.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

shot a 91 at Carter Plantation in Louisiana on a nice little family trip. Don't know the course rating or anything but my dad and I played a combination of tips and golds I think they were which came out to be around 6800 yards. Hit the ball so well except for 2 mental breaks at the end when I shanked 2 balls and got 2 doubles at the end. Shot a 48 on the front nine which was mainly due to bad luck and not knowing the course.

Shot a 59 on a soaking wet 9 hole. Didn't "feel" like I played poorly, but didn't feel loose. Tried to get out for 18 but it was raining off and on all morning. Just went to the range and concentrated on form.

Had some trouble with Game Golf at the course yesterday. It was a course with 3 different 9 hole setups South, West, and North. Due to a scramble going being played we had to start on the West course which Game Golf did not allow me to start from. I was able to track/score the back 9 however. Shot 49, the south course is rated 35.5/128... that was with a blowup 10 on the last hole, prior to that I was holding steady at bogey golf. Was just way too wiped out after walking in the heat and wind I guess.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Got a quick 9 in on the back side of the home track. Got my usual "7" on one of the holes but managed to play it out well for a 39 on the 35.2/127 back nine. Unfortunately injured my wrist again on a drive at the 14th hole and may be out for a few weeks...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Sunday,

Shelby Oaks, Sidney OH, West and South,

N.A.

I made a mess of my scorecard literally and figuratively in this hot, sweaty mess of a round.

Played like utter trash, especially on the front nine and blew it all up on nine with an 11 (drove under a tree and whacked two straight OB). It was then that I realized I'd sweated through every stich of clothing that I was wearing and damaged the scorecard in the process. I tried to put it in my bag only to have the condensation on my water bottle finish the job. It was pulp when I pulled it out to mark the first hole of the second nine.

I suppose it is pretty weak not having a score to post here, but frankly I couldn't care less. Just happy that @Jeremie Boop was there to share the pain.

78 with one birdie (simple Par 72) - once I start hitting GIR's I think I'll get some serious improvement (except in my putting stats which will get a little worse of course)

But the wife broke 100 for the first time with a 93 - so a very good day

Bill - 

I played fri, sat and sun. Best score was Sunday-shot a 74 on a par 61 executive course. Great to the green but chip and pitch is my weakest point. Considering I walked it in 90 degree weather (and it's a very hilly course) and the greens aren't the best, I'm pretty pleased. Best score ever at that course. Determined to break 70 by July. Did well off the tee so I'm pretty happy with that. 40/34

Played my first round of golf in the last 2 or so years yesterday morning with a group of guys I used to play with every Sunday (family commitments has made it tough the last few years to play). Trip to the driving range told me my grip after all these years off is way too strong (duck hooking all woods and hybrids) but I still wanted to play so I decided to simply tee off on the 4's and 5's with a 5 iron. Adjusted stance a little for the strong wrist and managed to shoot a 45 on the front using nothing longer than a 5 iron (5 iron got away from me on the back but was still happy with the front :) )

Hole that stood out to me was #7 - 420yd par 4 straight with no trouble - partner who shot 42 on the front used driver and then 5H leaving himself 25 yds off the front - he got up and down for 4. I used 5I and then 5I and was 15yds off the front and chipped up to 4 ft - and of course missed the 4 footer for par :) . It stood out to me because it was a very clear illustration that there are many different ways to play a course.

On the phone now making a lesson so I can correct my grip and I can use my driver again :)

-----------------------------------------------------
In my Callaway Stand bag:

Callaway x460 10 degree - graphite stiff flex
Callaway Steelhead III 3W, 5W - graphite firm flex
TaylorMade Rescue Mid 3 (19*), 4 (22*), 5 (25*) - graphite stiff flex
Maltby KE4 Tour Irons 6-PW
Maltby M-Series Forged 50*, 56*, 60* Wedges
TaylorMade Rossa Putter - 33"
------------------------------------------------------

Played my first round of golf in the last 2 or so years yesterday morning with a group of guys I used to play with every Sunday (family commitments has made it tough the last few years to play). Trip to the driving range told me my grip after all these years off is way too strong (duck hooking all woods and hybrids) but I still wanted to play so I decided to simply tee off on the 4's and 5's with a 5 iron. Adjusted stance a little for the strong wrist and managed to shoot a 45 on the front using nothing longer than a 5 iron (5 iron got away from me on the back but was still happy with the front :) )

Hole that stood out to me was #7 - 420yd par 4 straight with no trouble - partner who shot 42 on the front used driver and then 5H leaving himself 25 yds off the front - he got up and down for 4. I used 5I and then 5I and was 15yds off the front and chipped up to 4 ft - and of course missed the 4 footer for par :( . It stood out to me because it was a very clear illustration that there are many different ways to play a course.

On the phone now making a lesson so I can correct my grip and I can use my driver again :)

-----------------------------------------------------
In my Callaway Stand bag:

Callaway x460 10 degree - graphite stiff flex
Callaway Steelhead III 3W, 5W - graphite firm flex
TaylorMade Rescue Mid 3 (19*), 4 (22*), 5 (25*) - graphite stiff flex
Maltby KE4 Tour Irons 6-PW
Maltby M-Series Forged 50*, 56*, 60* Wedges
TaylorMade Rossa Putter - 33"
------------------------------------------------------