IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

39-40=79 @ River Forest CC , Freeport PA

Hard rain all night, and I was the only one on the course before noon.

Walked the course in 2 hr. 30 min.

11 FIR, 5 GIR, 32 putts

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

One of my best rounds in a long long time today. Shot a three under 69. Hit 15 GIR which may be my best stat ever. And only had 1 bogey due to a 3 putt. Missed a 3 footer. If I had managed to make that putt, would have been my first bogey free round ever. Considering I have been playing golf for 40+ years, would have been nice to get that done. I did have a 45 yard hole out on a par 5 for eagle, so that helped the score. I played from the seniors tees, but I'm almost 61 so I guess I deserve to. ;) Fifty five is the rule at my club.

Back to reality tomorrow.

• Upvote 2

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Shot 2 over 36 on a rain shortened tournament to finish T-4. Scores were much higher than previous years, as we basically played in a torrential downpour and high winds for the majority of the round.

I played from the seniors tees, but I'm almost 61 so I guess I deserve to. ;) Fifty five is the rule at my club.

Hmmmm, I guess I never considered that as a way to improve my score. I'm a male going on 67 and always play from the blues. Maybe on my next outing I'll try playing from the senior tees instead and see how my score differs.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hmmmm, I guess I never considered that as a way to improve my score. I'm a male going on 67 and always play from the blues. Maybe on my next outing I'll try playing from the senior tees instead and see how my score differs.

I play there because the entire group of guys I play with(12+ guys) all play from there. Makes play go much faster and no reason to put myself at a disadvantage on our bets. Plus its all about having fun at this point. Not much fun hitting long irons and woods into par fours.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

Beautiful twilight round tonight. Some errant driver shots cost me some serious strokes but still managed a 85. Shot of the day was a 130 yd par 3, stuck it to 5 feet Lin high with a downhill slippery putt for birdie. After that it was just a bunch of pars and a few bogeys.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

16/6/2015

41/40=81 1 birdie,8pars,8 bogies 1 double, course now starting to play long with soft conditions with past weeks rains, few times at least club short on approaches shots, but overall happy with my game today. Best shot 7 iron into 18th from 150 stuck it to 10 ft. dropped the birdie.

Titleist 915 D2-10.5°, Titleist 915 F 15°, PING G25 16.5°, PING G30 Hybrid 19°
PING G25 4-W, Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 48°/52°
Rife Bimini Island Series Putter, PING DLX Bag
Sureshot Rangefinder, PING Sensor Glove, Srixon Q star Balls.

Shot my first sub-80 round of the year. 79 at Dayton Valley Golf Course in Dayton, NV. It was my fifth round of the year and the first time my driver and irons cooperated in the same round. I had a triple bogey on 9 and a double on the back side. So I feel a 79 was very solid considering I had those two blow-up holes. 2 birdies on the round with many more opportunities that went begging. Oh, did I mention I suffered a very slight hairline fracture to my right fibula 2 weeks ago? Good thing I golf righty and could keep most of the weight off my leg!

• Upvote 1

My Bag:
Driver: R11

Irons: Titliest MB

Wedge: vokey
Putter: rosa

Balls: whatever I can find

Hey 9wood,

I'm 65 and started senior tees last year about 50% of the time. This year about 75%. I love it.

The best part for me is that I am hitting irons to almost every green instead of woods. Give it a try. I think you will like it.

One of my best rounds in a long long time today. Shot a three under 69. Hit 15 GIR which may be my best stat ever. And only had 1 bogey due to a 3 putt. Missed a 3 footer. If I had managed to make that putt, would have been my first bogey free round ever. Considering I have been playing golf for 40+ years, would have been nice to get that done. I did have a 45 yard hole out on a par 5 for eagle, so that helped the score. I played from the seniors tees, but I'm almost 61 so I guess I deserve to. ;) Fifty five is the rule at my club.

Congrats MSDOGS1976, :dance:

That's a fabulous score. Last year at age 64 I started senior tees and had a 73, 74 and 76, but nothing like your 69. I'm still looking for my first sub par 18 holes after 50+ years of golfing, but I do have a hole-in-one.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Hey 9wood,

I'm 65 and started senior tees last year about 50% of the time. This year about 75%. I love it.

The best part for me is that I am hitting irons to almost every green instead of woods. Give it a try. I think you will like it.

Congrats MSDOGS1976,

That's a fabulous score. Last year at age 64 I started senior tees and had a 73, 74 and 76, but nothing like your 69. I'm still looking for my first sub par 18 holes after 50+ years of golfing, but I do have a hole-in-one.

Thanks. Didn't hit the ball as well today and shot 75. Lucky to have shot that as today seemed like work, yesterday was easy. Funny how golf can be that way. I agree on moving up when you get into your 60's. Just makes golf more fun and speeds up play. No downside I can see. Let's face it, when you reach our age its all downhill from here. Maximize the enjoyment of the game while we can.

• Upvote 1

Sub 70 849 9* driver

So I had quite the day today.  I've been struggling mightily all year.  I would play most holes very well, but would lose it and hit a shank or some other crappy shot and make a double bogey.  On Sunday did just that, played Springfield G&CC; blue tees, 6400 70.7/128 and shot 38-44-82 (going double,bogey,double, par, bogey finish).  Couldn't hit a shot to save my life.  It was an ugly 5 holes.

Took Monday off, but played today, same course and tees like always.

So I start Bogey, Birdie, Par, Bogey, Par.  Not bad hit some good shots, but hit a couple of awful shots.  Got to 6 and wheels come off, bogey 6, 7 & 8.  Hit an OK drive on 9, but nothing good.  My buddy I'm playing with finally goes why are you reaching so far to hit the ball.  So he gets me to stand closer to the ball and take a little more upright swing, hit a couple of balls, not well off the tee, but with a 7 iron (which I already had shanked earlier), I striped two balls at the pin.  So I make bogey from my original ball.

I play the back 9 standing closer to the ball and shot lights out.  Best I've hit the ball in years.

10-Par

11-Bogey (Three Putt from 40 feet, just missed putt)

12- Birdie

13- Birdie

14- Birdie

15 - Par (Three putt from 50 feet, just missed birdie putt)

16- Bogey

17- Bogey

18 - Birdie

So 40-35-75

And I hit the ball decent on 16 & 17, my aim was a little off and put myself in trouble and I just missed my par putts.

Hope it continues.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Yesterday - fun round after work - but only 17 holes, we had to skip a SLOW 4-some to even get a chance to finish - so I stuck a bogie in there (though I had a decent round on par 5's).  I also ended up mixing the tees (this place has two courses, one the blue tees are rather short (6500), the other the blues are rather long (7200)).

fun round - had decent approaches and I'm getting up and down a lot more than I have been

Bill - 

It's back to my local course in Thailand today.

After breaking 90 twice over in California I'm hoping to do the same here.Haven't done it yet!

The course will be sodden after all the rain last couple of days.

Played this morning with a friend. Shot a 95 , which was highlighted by an Ace on

a 165 yard par 3 at Beekman Golf Course in NY.

I used a Taylormade 3 hybrid. Hit at the front and slowly rolled in (just disappeared)

4 holes earlier I had driven one OB, so I ended up with an average score.

It's very nice to be in the club though!

Dick Wilkinson

Played this morning with a friend. Shot a 95 , which was highlighted by an Ace on

I used a Taylormade 3 hybrid. Hit at the front and slowly rolled in (just disappeared)

Dick Wilkinson

Awesome!!!

I played Reunion GC 71.2/137 and shot a 90. First time playing the course and cannot wait to go back and pick up a few strokes now that I know where to place the ball off the tee on a few holes. Second round with the new irons and ball striking keeps getting better and better although my driver was back to its old ways.

Dick Wilkinson

Congrats on the Ace!

Matt E.

:srixon: Z745 (9.5°)

:touredge: XCG5 4 wood (16.5°)

:gigagolf: Turbo Power Z 7 wood (21°)

Louisville Golf Niblick 7 wood (24°)

Miura Baby Blades 5-PW

:mizuno: MP69 PW (50°)

Scor Wedges (53°, 57°)

:edel: Putter

Dick Wilkinson

Congratulations!