IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Had my best 9 of the season this afternoon in 30C heat. Played with a couple of friends off the white tees and was 1 under through the first 6, then my head got in it and I played the last 3 for 5 over.  Ended up shooting an even 40. CR is 34.5 and slope is 126.  Going back tonight to try again.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Even par 72.  Finished birdie, eagle (and lipped out for an eagle on the front nine for a tap in bird).  It's a 6400 yard course with a rating of 69, but the greens are tiny.

The most difficult distance in golf is the six inches between your ears.

Shot 40 in league... Had two OB's and lipped out 4 or 5 long putts. Coulda been a lot better but I'm happy with my ball striking and made a couple shots that turned some heads tonight. Overall I can't be too mad about this round.

In the bag:
Driver: R9 Supertri
3W: R9
3i-PW: Mizuno Mp-68
Wedges: Taylormade Racs
Putter: PING Redwood blade

I used to play all the time when I was in high school, but college kind of got me out of the habit. Since graduating I had played 1 round of golf since 2012.

Welp, I finally got the itch again and decided to play my local course, expecting to really hack it up for 9 holes.  It certainly looked that way as I teed off on the first hole, hooked left into the trees, punched out, topped the next for 75 yards, finally pitched onto the green and two putted for my 6.

Then a funny thing happened, I starting hitting my irons as good if not better than I have ever hit them in my life.  Put together a streak of bogey, par, par, and par.  By the time the 9 was over I had recorded a 44 which would have been a pedestrian day my senior year of high school, but for this day I may as well have shot 6 under.

Short game needs work, as one would expect from such a long layoff, but its my pitching and chipping that has declined, not my putting.  That may just be the course, as its the same course I used to practice on in high school, but overall I'm incredibly pleased with how my skills have held up over the last 7 years.

Driver - Cleveland CG Black 265
Fairway Wood - Adams Tight Lies 16 Degrees
Hybrids - 18 and 20 Degrees Adams Pro
Irons - 4-PW Adams XTD
Wedges - 52 and 56 degree Cleavland CG16

Finally completed one of my goals from the 2011 Golf Goals thread broke the 80 barrier! Shot a 79.  The course plays at 6304 yards with 69.4 rating and 126 slope.  Shorter-ish course but very hilly. Round was going about how I normally play till I hit an eagle on 16.  Gave me enough of a cushion to bogey the last two holes to finish under 80.

• Upvote 1

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:  Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:  CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:  VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:  IC 20-10A

After hitting my best of the year on the back 9 earlier in the day, I went back to play the front 9 in the evening.  What a flop.  Made a real mess of a par 5 with a few management mistakes in 2 hazards for my worst hole of the season at 10 and ended the round with 46.

Recorded a new personal best yesterday with a 91 at Van Cortland Park in the Bronx. Its only 5700 yds and rated 66 from the middle tees but it's tight and I've never even broken 100 there. I shot a 49 on the front which is playing pretty exact to my handicap (par 35-35). The back nine I had 5 bogies in a row, a double and then ended with 3 pars. One of my 2015 goals was to break 45 for nine holes and I shot a freakin 42. This is totally new ground for me and I hope to keep it going.

The key was not recording anything worse than double bogey.

4 pars

7 bogies

7 doubles

35 putts

3/13 fairways

4 GIR (only converted 2. 2 of my pars and a few bogies were up and down. My 54 degree wedge was a MONSTER)

I'll be playing again hopefully Tues and Thurs next week. I'm so glad my summer break has started and I'm able to play consistently.

Next Mission: Break 90

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 10*

Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 17* 

Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 20*

Irons: Callaway Rogue X 5i-GW

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54*S and 58*K

Putter: Ping Prime Tyne 4

I shot 109 today, and I am not discouraged one bit. You might ask how does a 9 hdcpr shoot 109. The answer is quite simple. I played left handed. This is something I am going to devote some time to over the next few months, since I my left wrist will eventually be my down fall due to  previous (non golfing) damage. My right wrist is completely healthy. I always have believed that if I knew in the beginning of taking up this game, what I know now, I would have played left handed from the start. ;-)

• Upvote 3

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Good round with mates on nice practice course. Shot +4. Yards 6,159, 69.5/122. No pain. Better flexibility.

Not my best round yet not terrible. Played a round of 9 this morning. teed off from the blues. Shot a 43. I started with 3 bogies on the first three holes which were par fours. Then I suffered through the fourth hole when I missed the fairway on my drive, which also is a par four and got a triple bogie on that one. Then bogied the next two holes and then parred the last three holes which were one par four, a par five and a par three.  Only missed one fairway on drives. Pitched a ball into the water on the third and had to take a penalty shot to get a bogey. Had 18 putts for the 9 holes. Only 3 putted one hole.

82 rate 70.7 slope 135

1 birdie

7 pars

8 bog

2 dub

Played different course in the area for a change of pace, I think I drove the ball okay except for a couple miscues so that didn't hurt too much, I think I'm starting to see where the shots are dropping more often than anywhere else and it's the chipping that's doing it, I think I missed at least 4 very good chances at up and down because of very poor chipping around the green, this is the difference between 82 and 78 and a "meh" golfer at the end of the day and a satisfied one. I think time spent practicing chipping in the near future will benefit me more than anything else right now.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

I stunk it up with a 99 ... some days ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Springfield Golf & CC Blue Tees 6350 Yds Par 71 71.7/128 36-35-71 3 birdies 3 bogeys 11 greens 6 Fairways 28 putts Best round of the year
  • Upvote 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Flushing Valley Golf and Country Club

Slope 121 / Rating 68.5

6040 yds / Par 71

45 - 42 (87)

Net Score 68

1 birdie

6 pars

5 bogeys

6 doubles

9 fairways

4 GIR

28 putts

Best round of the year.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Seven Springs Golf Club, Trinity FL

Black Tees, 6431 yards, rating 71.8, slope 127

I shot a +3, 75 today.

+3 on the front (3 bogies) and - on the back (2 bogies, 2 birdies)

The most difficult distance in golf is the six inches between your ears.

Par 72 70.2/121

88 first round, 95 second round, 41 on last 9

The first 9 on the second go around I struggled a bit but pulled it together *for me* on the back. After inputting the scores for today trending 21.3, so I'd call it a good day.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter