IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

9.1 differential.  I was so close to playing very well but, as we all tend to do, a few shots were left out there.

It was nice to finally have a day where the fairways were firm enough to allow some bounce & roll out.  We have had a cool & rainy summer & spring.  So far this year we only get about 5-10 yards after touchdown.  Of course, we are getting more rain today.  Sigh.

Brian Kuehn

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Figured I'd post here since I didn't use my GG because I busted out the old Ping Eye Persimmon driver and some blades. Hit the persimmon a lot straighter than my usual big stick surprisingly enough. Shot 78 playing the tips, 75.1/139.

• Upvote 1

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

39/43 - 82. Can't speak for the others but I had a blast playing in heavy downpours. The triple on a 3 par didn't thrill me too much though; but that's golf. I shouldn't have hit it in the wet bunker anyway then pick it and fly it over the green to the other bunker!

So im sick as a dog so i called out of work today, but what better way to sweat the sickness out of you then a round of golf. Shot 44 on the front with 4 pars. I started wearing down as i started the back shooting 8 over the first 4 holes. Then i kinda got a second wind and followed with two bogeys, then finished the last 3 holes par,birdie,birdie to "save" the round and shoot a 88. First time having back to back birdies so that was nice. Im exhausted now though lol.
  • Upvote 1

Figured I'd post here since I didn't use my GG because I busted out the old Ping Eye Persimmon driver and some blades. Hit the persimmon a lot straighter than my usual big stick surprisingly enough. Shot 78 playing the tips, 75.1/139.

My dad stills plays the old persimmon woods (3,4,5) and swears by them. He'll hit those suckers anywhere from 140 yards and out and still stick them closer than I do with 4 year old clubs. Something about hitting a wooden wood never gets old though- nothing better than hitting the sweet spot on an old fashion wood is unbeatable.

Shot a 39 a couple days ago. Pretty standard round, coulda made it special but I missed a couple 7 footers than would have sent me lower. Overall, I hit the ball from the traps really well which is a reason to hold my head up high- it's the first time in my life where I have confidence standing over the ball in the bunkers no matter which club I'm holding.

In the bag:
Driver: R9 Supertri
3W: R9
3i-PW: Mizuno Mp-68
Wedges: Taylormade Racs
Putter: PING Redwood blade

Played 18 for the second time after golf season ended for high school with my dad today and shot a 52/50 - 102, which is my lowest score to date. I should be under 100 next week. Just started golfing about 6 months ago and my first tournament I shot a 136, and the last with a 105.

Stopped hitting fat shots completely but still manage to blade them from time to time which keeps my score up. Need to practice hitting my irons consistently; a nice smooth swing usually works. Changed my stance with my driver yesterday and seemed to help. Also fixed my grip and got a smaller, tighter fitting glove which helped too.

Another bucket and 9 holes tomorrow and hopefully I'll be under 50.

46 on front 9 at local course. This combined with 42 on 9 I played Sunday at another course for 88 which now has my index trending at 20.5... Steady progress being made.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I had my best round yesterday at my local course from the blues, 72.7/135.  After hitting a large bucket on the range with only 2 mishits I was getting more comfortable with my new clubs. I parred the first couple and joined up with another golfer. I went on with more pars and was only one down after 4. I missed the long par 3 right and had to use my 60 to knock it backwards but then hit the 60 about 40' to a back pin and holed it, dodged a bullet there. Had a confidence inspiring par on the par 5 to follow. Seemed like all was going well and all pars except for the 8th where I dropped a shot after I had to knock it backwards from the bush. Got par on the last as well and finished with 38. The back 9 is more open and I usually do better so off I went.  Started off with a rare birdie but followed with a double on the par 3 after taking 2 shots to get out of a soggy bunker on the approach hill. Shook it off and followed with a couple of pars. Took a double on the next after missing a 3 footer followed by par on the long double dogleg par 5 and another double on a 200yd par 3 after hitting a 4 iron into hazard on the tree lined approach and having to drop a ball ( I found my ball). I started to get a little nervous and proceeded to drive 2 balls left into red staked bush and found 2nd one at the edge but had to take penalty so ended with a triple.  Still nervous I went to 3 wood for the last narrow fairway and got real lucky that it went through the left side trees and came out but left me with no chance of getting to the green. i ended up with another double. So after an awesome front 9 I blew up the back with a 10 over 46.  My total for the round ended up 84 which I'm pretty sure is my best ever 18 and the 38 is my best ever front 9 so still pumped to get back out and keep working on my game.

Played a really short course today (5800 yard par 72/68.0), and shot 32+34 = 66 (-6). Shows you how much distance matters.

Played a really short course today (5800 yard par 72/68.0), and shot 32+34 = 66 (-6). Shows you how much distance matters.

Sounds like a good course for senior golfers. So what is your average score on a full length course?

Another 39 in league last night. I was striking the ball extremely well and getting up and down from everywhere including 2 bunkers but lipped out a couple really short putts that I don't want to talk about. All in a all, coulda been a 37 if I would have just taken a little more time to make sure to put the ball in the hole.

In the bag:
Driver: R9 Supertri
3W: R9
3i-PW: Mizuno Mp-68
Wedges: Taylormade Racs
Putter: PING Redwood blade

Our course just held the Bobby Bowers junior tournament, finished yesterday.  Played the course in the same setup which had the tees all the way back and some good pin locations.

71.8/132

6600 Yds

38-39-77 (w/one double)

Played very well, my one double was airmailing the green into the hazard on the first par 3 and on two of the other par 3's I airmailed the greens with a club I normally don't hit that far.  Starting to play well, which is good, senior club championship is in three weeks.

Played in our Senior Scratch Event at Evergreen CC the day before that, we tied our match (team won 5-4) but we could've beat them better if I didn't three putt the 17th hole for double to lose the hole and then miss the green from 80 yards on a par 5 (about 5 yards over the green) to lose the hole with a bogey and we ended up tied for the day (1.5-1.5).  Although my playing partner made 7 and picked up on those two holes so no help. Shot 40-40-80 with 2 doubles (one from three putt and one from OB ball).  Played last three holes 4 over.

71.8/133

6600 Yards

Played Laurel Hill the day before that, I didn't shoot 57 and don't think I could shoot 57 with my handicap plus a few more strokes. Still can't believe that the guy  (who shot 57) made a hole in one on 10, it's still 335 from the white tees and with all of the rain he would've had to carry the ball onto the green, which has a bunker short left and a sloped front of the green on the right.

I did almost make a hole in one on the 7th hole, my ball mark landed two putter head lengths to the right and short of the hole.  missed the eagle though.

71.4/139

6386 YDS

41-40-81

With 4 doubles (Ouch), 4 three putts (Ouch) and 3 birdies (The Good)

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

82 ESC 81 par 72 rate 73.4 slope 139 rated 6.2

Bird  1

Par   9

Bog  6

DB   1 :pound:

TB   1 :censored:

Putts 31

GIR 7/14

FW  10/14

Some days I just know I'm so close to breaking through and today was just that, short game seemed to be a little more steady probably because I have been putting in some time working that and my putting was probably more solid today than some time, I know I can get my rounds into the 70's eventually I just need a little more work in the right areas and I think I can get there. Basically my score is telling me if this was a 72.0 rating and lower slope this score would be 78.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Just finished practicing/playing at a different course in the country on the river. Nice putting green, pitching area, and sand traps. Has a beautiful view of the river on several holes. After practicing for an hour played 9 holes. Took on the back tees at 3,609. Ouch, a little too long for me. Was actually really good experience because I wanted to hit my recently shafted 5 wood. Summary: carded a 42 1, 387, 4. Fairway. Off the green right. Bogey. 2, 175, 3. Just off back. Up and down. Par. 3, 580, 5. Mistake on 3 by going at unfamiliar tucked pin behind bunker. Hit front edge but rolled back in bunker. Out then 2 putted. Bogey. 4, 370, 4. Mistake blind tee into runoff area left. Played back up hill just below green. Bogey. 5, 476, 4. Long second shot over marsh to green. Played like 5 par. Took 3 shots to get on. 2 putted. Bogey. 6, 418, 4. Fairway. Pull right again. Bogey. 7, 239, 3. Just short of green front center. 7i pitch runner and 1 putt. My best up and down there. Par. 8, 448, 4. Approach came up short again. Chip on then 2 putt. Bogey. 9, 526, 5. Finally. On in reg. 2 putt. Par. 3,609, 74.9/142