IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Played down in Md yesterday at a course I've never played "The Woodlands" Shot a total of 92.... 44 on the front and a 48 on the back from White Tee Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springfield Golf & CC

Gold tees

71.7/132

6640 Yds

37-43-80

Had it going on the front, bogeyed last 5 holes in a row, last two in the rain but  hit poor drives the last 5 holes. With all of the rain, if you miss the fairway, you're chances of making par are decreased, as we have US Open rough right now at the course.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played a local tract today, Bayou Barriere, in Belle Chasse, LA. Shot 90, couldn't hit a green. Had a personal best though, played 31 holes in just under 4 hrs! Ran out of gas, had to stop.

Played Sunday at a new course. Short course, but there are tight fairways and some fun sloped greens! Too many 3-putts!

Seascape Golf Club in Aptos, CA

Gold Tees - 5813 Yards - 69.1 / 128

42+43:85

Detailed scorecard here if you wish!

http://app.foursum.com/rounds/shared/13f91

Grant K

:tmade: R1 Driver

:tmade: RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 3W

:nike: VRS Covert 2.0 Forged Irons 3-PW, AW 

:cleve: CG15 56*

:titleist: Vokey 60*

:odyssey: Metal-X Milled #2

:callaway: Chrome Soft

Played my "home" course today. 42-42=84 par 72 70.1CR 121slope. Tied my best score which is funny cause my driving was putrid, although my game around the green has been steadily improving. 32 putts in all but my lag putting has been very good.

I shot a 43 in my 9 hole league match today.  My partner was en fuego!  He shot a 38, 6 shots below his handicap, and we won the match by 2 holes.

I'm happy with the way I played, since I played much better than my really ugly round on Sunday.  That round inspired me to practice my chipping on Monday and driving early this morning before work.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

Played three rounds while on vacation last week: 80, 78, 83.

Some things were really working for me, others not so much. Most interesting bit was that I played the back nine of my 78 round +2 with only 12 putts and hitting only 2 GIR. I was a scrambling machine (including 2 sand saves).

Played 4 rounds since my last post - 82 on a 71, 37 on a 36, 84 on a 72, and this last one - likely best round of the year so far same course as the 82, but on the 2nd set of tees instead.  Hitting good the entire time.  I blew up on the first hole and then a really good drive on 18 went too far and into deep grass, my punch out crossed the fairway - and then only one shot in the middle that was very crappy (and I recovered nice) and because I was trying to shape it too much and over did it....  Putting was ok, but I had to sink a lot of 6 footers as I couldn't seem to get long putts to the hole - very lucky on those 6 footers and in frankly....

I've only had an 18 hole lower twice in my life (for a 'normal' par and difficulty course).  Though this one is a bit short and a total par 1 less than those two rounds.

Bill - 

Played 4 rounds since my last post - 82 on a 71, 37 on a 36, 84 on a 72, and this last one - likely best round of the year so far same course as the 82, but on the 2nd set of tees instead.  Hitting good the entire time.  I blew up on the first hole and then a really good drive on 18 went too far and into deep grass, my punch out crossed the fairway - and then only one shot in the middle that was very crappy (and I recovered nice) and because I was trying to shape it too much and over did it....  Putting was ok, but I had to sink a lot of 6 footers as I couldn't seem to get long putts to the hole - very lucky on those 6 footers and in frankly.... I've only had an 18 hole lower twice in my life (for a 'normal' par and difficulty course).  Though this one is a bit short and a total par 1 less than those two rounds. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/127982/] [/URL]

Congrats.

69 today on a par 70. Hit the ball very bad on the front, 7 pars - 2 bogies. 3 greens - 4 fairways - 15 putts. 37. Hit it excellent on the back and got off to a scorching start. Bird-par-bird-par-bird-4 pars. 7 greens - 6 fairways - 12 putts. Pleased with the round for as bad as I struck it on the front. 37-32-69

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

40-39-79 One-Day Member Guest at Springfield

Came in 3rd Gross, partner did't play all that well

had a 6 hole stretch of 5 bogey's and a double.  Played everything else 1 over.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

God that was depressing. Shot 40 on the front and blew up the back. Went OB once, snap hooked into the woods, and hit two in the water for an 8 on the last hole (by which time it was really dark). All bc of my drives. I HAVE to get a new driver. Every time I go try out one of the new drivers on the simulator I never hit anything close to OB. I lose quite a bit of distance with the shorter shaft but I need to stop going OB. The snap hooks appear out of nowhere. I get a 320 yard beautiful drive on one hole and then snap hook into the river on other holes. My wife says I can stop by Pro Golf Discount tomorrow morning and buy the Ping driver I want. Wohoo!

Shot 79 last night 39 on the front 6 fw's 6 greens 18 putts 40 on the back 2 fw's 2 greens 15 putts I'm striking the ball well but I'm really fighting my game around the greens. I went around 10-15% on greenside up and downs and although I made 3 birdies in the round, I had good looks at at least 3 or 4 more. When I hit greens in regulation, my shots are usually pretty close and give me a pretty good look at the hole, its just that I've been playing a straighter ball flight lately and it's been really throwing me off my accuracy. I have a 3 man scramble coming up this weekend so hopefully it will be the target practice my game needs.

In the bag:
Driver: R9 Supertri
3W: R9
3i-PW: Mizuno Mp-68
Wedges: Taylormade Racs
Putter: PING Redwood blade

Shot 37-40=77 @ Hiland CG , Butler, PA

2 over par after 13 holes and finished 7 over.  A good round that could have been great.

Ah-h-h-h-h :doh:

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Had a very nice 78 with a 37 front. Still getting tired on the back with a 41. Didn't finish a few approach shots. A little sore right now but will rest tomorrow, I think.

40-39=79 @ Saxon GC, senio r tees

Came to 18th tee needing a par to break 80.  The 18th is the course's #4 handicap hole. Hit my drive in the middle of the fairway and my 5 iron just off of green but only 15 feet from the pin. Two strokes later I had my 79.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Played in a 3-man scramble that the Native Americans put on every year up here. My partners' handicaps were 10 and 30 and we managed to score 6 under including a penalty stroke for tapping in instead of marking. We're in second place and have a real good shot of winning if things go right tomorrow. Averaged over 300 off the tee today and drove 2 par 4's so I think this goes down as my best driving stats to date. Also came close to holing out a par 3 which would have won me a new ford250. This is the best I think I've ever struck the ball. Excited to see what tomorrow brings.
  • Upvote 1

In the bag:
Driver: R9 Supertri
3W: R9
3i-PW: Mizuno Mp-68
Wedges: Taylormade Racs
Putter: PING Redwood blade

I am falling short in 2015 and not playing enough!!!!

It will be interesting to see if I can hit 100 rounds in 2015.....Probably not!!  . It's been raining a lot, and I've been taking a lot of golf-days off...............  Once again, I haven't played in a week!!

.....but I did play in a company scramble on Thursday.  LOL

1PM shotgun....High temp 93-94...heat index.....easily 105++++

I was paired with a talented guy with a great swing, but he rarely plays so his results are sporadic.  He hit enough iron approach shots and made a few puts to help a lot!!!   In contrast, the other 2 guys were "non-golfers" ...they were no help at all!!!......LOL

I played poorly, but I still kept the team alive by hitting fairways and greens to keep the team away from making bogeys.   The greens were old Donald Ross greens with a lot of slope, and we couldn't made a damn putt!!  I didn't make anything and I consider putting a strength....the "talented guy" jarred some clutch putts to save the day............we kept leaving ourselves huge breaking putts that are tough to hole.   If we did it hit close, it was an 8' putt with 5 feet of break.....LOL

Our score was -5.  It could have been worse........

I did play this morning/Saturday........7am tee time.  It was super humid and my gloves/grips felt slick from the first swing.  I neglected to change to a fresh clean towel to dry clubs/hands between shots which didn't help!!.  I made a nice SANDY on the first hole to save par.   Damp grips got the worst of me on the 2nd hole...................I hacked my way from tee to green...and made a double-bogey.   Then played level par through 7 fighting my grip all the way.  It rained off and on from hole 4-7, but I kept going.

The GULLY-WASHER-DOWNPOUR hit on the 8th hole.....this was one of those that stops all play and golfers take cover to wait it out...........thanks to I-phone technology, we knew it would only last a half hour and my group soldiered on, but my grip was highly compromised by this time and I bailed.... I went home and went back to bed!  LOL    I am not a fan of playing in the rain.....

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch