IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

9 hole league 45 last night. Quad bogey on last hole was a bummer. As was the first hole 3 putt for bogey and the bad bounce on third hole after dang near getting home in two on long par 5. Just wasn't my day.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

After a 2 year renovation, my home course opened yesterday! I was so excited that I went out and shot my best round of the year 83! Played from 6500 with a 71.9/135. Today I thought I could match that from 7000 yards, but ended up shooting 93 from 74.5/144. I've had better days

56... on 9 holes.  Mainly just awful ball striking.  Putting and chipping saved it from being a round in the 60s.

I am struggling big time!  Good thing I signed up for Evolvr, just need to get that first analysis back! :-)

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

Had a rough one this morning. Started out with 2 pars and parred 8, 9 but was dreadful in between. 3 sand traps and two dunks. 44 front. So mad on the back parred all but the bulkhead par 3 where I went flag hunting (again) and dunked it left. Drop zone par + 2 for 38 back. 82. Depending on tee of average difficulty course played much harder than needed. A PGA pro Chandler Harper muni course redesigned in 1998 by Curtis Strange hosting an amateur tournament this weekend. Make for a good review if I new how. Host of VA State Open 4 times. World Seniors Championships 6 times. Located in the city of the PIT (Portsmouth Invitational Tournament) - only postseason camp for NCAA college seniors. Oldest amateur tournament and first NBA / EURO pre draft of the year. Sports nuts could do both venues. Picture of hole 18 coming in. Short knocker playing with long knocker. Beat him to the green though. :-) Approach shots on 18. Play away from the water for sure. [LIST] [*] [*] [*] [/LIST]

I've been scoring around 79-80 all week so it felt good to go low today. I ended up a 74 (37+37) tonight when league got cancelled due to rain. We had the entire course to ourselves and it was fun to shoot in the soft conditions. Front: Fairways: 4 GIR: 5 Putts: 15 Up and down: 3/4 Back: Fairways: 6 GIR: 6 Putts: 16 Up and down: 1/2

In the bag:
Driver: R9 Supertri
3W: R9
3i-PW: Mizuno Mp-68
Wedges: Taylormade Racs
Putter: PING Redwood blade

81  par 72  front 39 back 42 rate 73.0 slope 131 indexed 7.1

birds 1

pars 9

bogey 6

d bogy 2

My home course got re-rated and man did they ever drop it tips used to slope at 142 now 135, the actual rating dropped about.5 and slope about 7 across all tees it's probably not going to change that much but playing other clubs will be more fair.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Shot a very uneven +12, started good with a +4 over the opening 9, but then made 3 doubles and a couple of bogies over the second 9. Finished strong with a birdie though. Had quite a few lip outs, so some practice on the greens may shave quite a few strokes of my hcp.

In the bag:

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex 440 8.5° (Mitsubishi Diamana S+ LE) S-flex

Woods: Nike Vapor Fly 15° (Mitsubishi Diamana S+ LE) S-flex : Vapor Fly 19° (Mitsubishi Diamana S+ LE) S-flex

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 4-PW S-Flex

Wedges: Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52° : Jaws X 56°

Putter: Odyssey White Ice 3

Ball: Nike RZN Black

37-41-78 Springfield G&CC; Blue Tees Too many missed shots

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

83. Not a terrible day, could have putted a little better. I feel that I may break 80 by the end of this season if I can pull it together in every area for a round.

91.  44 out. 47 in. I had 32 puts. 3 penalties.  I'm soooo close to breaking 90.

Driver: Cobra Fly Z Plus, Stock Stiff,  10.5
3 Wood: TaylorMade AeroBurner, Stock Stiff, 15.0
3 Hybrid: Nike Vapor Speed, Stock Stiff, 20.0
4 to GW: Mizuno JPX EZ, KBS Tour 120
54: Cleveland Tour Action, Standard Bounce
58: Nike VR Vx3x Grooves, Toe Sweep
Putter: Odyssey Versa
Grips: Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G
Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

"Golf is not a game of good shots.  It's a game of bad shots." - Ben Hogan

78 today. The weather has been pretty spotty lately so it has been making my rounds a little bit more challenging than what they could be.

I played a new course tonight, Enger Park in Duluth, Minnesota (71.6/130). It's on top of the bluffs that overlook Lake Superior, but unfortunately I missed out on some of the views due to the fog that rolled in. It was a mix between 150 yard visibility and steady downpour. Either way, I got my 18 holes in right in the nick of time. I've been striking the ball really well lately and my approach shots have been falling right where I want them. I didn't keep track of stats tonight but overall I struggled off the tee, I kept them in play, but never made anything happen. I was able to take advantage of a couple birdie opportunities though, and was making pretty good strokes with the putter.

Fun course. Hoping the weather shapes up before tomorrow though.

In the bag:
Driver: R9 Supertri
3W: R9
3i-PW: Mizuno Mp-68
Wedges: Taylormade Racs
Putter: PING Redwood blade

Personal best 72 +1 par is 71.

Notable round details

-1 penalty

-4 birdies

-a 3 putt par

-a 3 putt bogey

This is the one great round of the year where everything seemed easy. I made several very long putts and it was like there was a line on the green from my ball to the hole I could just see it. I missed two birdie putts by a half rotation. Uphill putts that just didn't make it over the lip. Chipped in for birdie on 18 after missing the green from 94 out. Without a few lucky breaks it still would have been my best ever round. Though without the silly risk I took that led to the penalty and the 3 putts could have 60's. Maybe next time. Taken months to play into form and every time out I am 80-83 so not like it's been horrible.

Dave :-)

Much better today, a 75, 3 over in a club competition on a slightly harder course. 5 birdies, but also 2 doubles. Won the competition, which was nice ☺

Was +2 at my practice course this afternoon for 9. Had my 5i and 6i re shafted yesterday. Pulled my KBS Tour 90's and put in TT XP 95. Like the higher kick point up by the grip like the spinners. My buddy hitting his Titelest MB's said I had a nice flight pattern with them. Good sign. Probable do the 7-9 with the XP 95, and pull the KBS'.

38-38=76 @ Pheasant Ridge GC, Gibsonia, PA - Gold Tees, par 72

12/13 Fairways

10 GIR

32 putts

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

38-38=76 @ Pheasant Ridge GC, Gibsonia, PA - Gold Tees, par 72 12/13 Fairways 10 GIR 32 putts

That's a really neat course. I try and get there once per year. Interesting layout. Starts out with some short par 4s and then gets longer after that. Anyone in the area who hasn't tried it should give it a look.

—Adam