IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Par72 Course: 6564yds: 72.5CR: 137Slope

35-36=71  My best round of the year!!

I haven't been playing nearly as often as I'd like, but I'm playing well down the final stretch of the season in spite of this!!

Fairways 7/14

Greens: 10

Putts: 27

4 birdies

3 bogeys

Thanks to a couple recent good rounds, I am now trending into the 1's!!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Shot 78 on my home course to win 5 and 3. Didn't shoot my intended 74 to win 7 and 5 but I'm not complaining. Haven't really touched a club since I played almost two weeks ago and my wedge play was really erratic. I completely flew 3 greens from inside 80 yards (not sure how that works) and hit a few curious drives, but I was able to scramble well enough and hit shots when it counted. Next stop is my semifinal match (from a starting field of 16 in the A flight) and I hope to advance to the finals.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

78 at Ute Creek in Longmont Colorado

with rental clubs (r-flex took a LOT of holes to figure out - missed were either pull or hook, or skyballs - I was really missing my own clubs a lot)

and really crappy putter with a teeny tiny grip (i could NOT figure out how to hold that thing)

and no rangefinder

super nice course - they don't seem to know how to fix ball marks though.........

really jazzed whenever I get to hit in the thin air

Bill - 

75 - 37/38. See some definite improvement and consistancy. Been practicing LWS Key steps into daily practice and applying better thinking into practice playing. Still want to go after pins but hitting to center much better approach while working on game. Also getter a little longer. Still had 1 birdie and several other chances that I missed. +4, 29 putts, 11 FW, 8 GIR, 5/9 UD (1 sandy)

I shot 43/40=83 on Tuesday at Silverado GC in Z-hills FL.

We played there because it was the only course that wasn't cart path only.  And let me tell you, the course was in terrific shape.  I was striking the ball well and my ball never saw a bunker(there were plaenty of them).  I lost a ball on #1 then went O.B. on #7.....other than that I was in the fairway all day.

Tied my record round of a 70 tonight in league. I went out before it started and shot a 35 on the back nine. Greens in Reg.: 8/9 Putts: 17 Up and Downs: 0/1 Then during league, I started out rough with an O.B. on the first hole but salvaged a bogey, from there it was pretty smooth sailing. Greens: 6/9 Putts: 14 Up and Downs: 2/3 Totals Bogeys: 3 Birdies: 5 Pars: 10 I had a really good opportunity to shoot in the 60's with a birdie opportunity on the last hole. I put a drive 140 yards out and ended up sticking a gap wedge to 3 1/2 feet, but I pulled it for a two-putt par. All in all though, I made some shots I shouldn't have and got lucky on a few drives so it all evens out. It was nice to finally see some results for the work I've been putting into my game this year. This is the most stoked I've been on golf in a long time.

In the bag:
Driver: R9 Supertri
3W: R9
3i-PW: Mizuno Mp-68
Wedges: Taylormade Racs
Putter: PING Redwood blade

Finally got a round of golf in since about this past Friday. Shot an 88 today on my fourth 18 hole. Shot a 49 on the front nine which was a bad round then I picked things up on the back nine which I shot a 39. I also had about a 35 footish putt that had two breaks in it to sink it. The older man that got grouped with us just looked at me waiting for my reaction, but I just walked to the cup and picked up my ball. Granted the putt was for Par, but it was a damn good putt.

Good driving and ball-striking day in general, except for two holes where chunky approaches led to two double bogeys. Should have broke 80 but only made one putt over four feet all day. Slow greens got me.

41-41-82

Bill M

Played Bethpage Black today.  It was awesome!  Possibly the most beautiful course I've ever played.  Shot a 49-49, 98, which I'm not unhappy with.  I'm glad I was able to stay in the double digits.  And I finished with a good par.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

First round of club championship; shot 83. 46 first nine, which included nice pars at #1 and #3... and four double bogeys (#4, #5, #6, and #8). 37 second nine. Hit #10 GIR and 3-putted. Parred each of #11-18. Highlights included nearly making birdie on #15 (#4 handicap hole), a sand save on #16, and getting within 30 yards of the front of the green for my second shot on both par-5s (#17, #18).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Shot 78 (43-35) in a competition. Started of birdie-birdie, then a bunch of bogeys and a quad on the 9th (2 drives OB) came back nicely in one under. Won a bottle of whisky ☺ the tournament was sponsored by a distillery. 9/18 gir, 11/13 fir, 31 putts 4 birds, 7 pars, 6 bogeys, 1 quadbogey

I shot 47 in 9 holes last Sunday. That is my personal best 9 holes, in the year that I have been playing. My putting was spot on for a change and I was chipping fantastically. My long irons weren't that great but I was shooting straight. Only lost two balls in the past two rounds, so I feel like I am finally reaping the benefits of my hard work the past 8 months.

Please share the CR and slope from the tees you played!  C'mon...... OK, so you shot 78, 83, or 103.............without CR and Slope from the tees you played, these scores have no meaning!!  It may as well be a 5,000yd pitch and putt for all we know.

Rant off..............

I had a strange round today: Par72 Course: 6564yds: 72.5CR: 137Slope

35-40=75

Fairways: 10/14

Greens: 12

Putts: 32

3 Birdies

1 Eagle

After making a double on #2, three front 9 birdies offset the damage to salvage a 35.    Things went wrong on the back.....I was +4 through 4.   I drained a bomb for eagle on 15, but bogeyed 17,18 to limp in for a 75.    I had 2 three puts on the back and had a terrible 32 putt count for the day.   In spite of this, I holed a few nice long putts along the way.   Weird day..... one of those rare days when I card a 75 and leave the course a tad bit pissed off.

What's in Paul's Bag:

Please share the CR and slope from the tees you played!  C'mon...... OK, so you shot 78, 83, or 103.............without CR and Slope from the tees you played, these scores have no meaning!!  It may as well be a 5,000yd pitch and putt for all we know.    Rant off..............

You have made several versions of this rant several times-It is not going to happen. And why should it? So you can determine that you are superior and that someone proud of their 88 did not really shoot 88 because it is on 68.1 rated course? What is it to you what the CR and Slope is. I know we are not supposed to respond to this thread but I got tired of seeing this rant.

• Upvote 1

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

You have made several versions of this rant several times-It is not going to happen. And why should it? So you can determine that you are superior and that someone proud of their 88 did not really shoot 88 because it is on 68.1 rated course? What is it to you what the CR and Slope is.

I know we are not supposed to respond to this thread but I got tired of seeing this rant.

A score without knowing a little about the course from the tees played has NO MEANING. Posting "said score" is a waste of time..... may as well be a par3 course.   If people are willing to spend the time to share a score, it might as well have meaning.

What's in Paul's Bag:

A score without knowing a little about the course from the tees played has NO MEANING. Posting "said score" is a waste of time..... may as well be a par3 course.   If people are willing to spend the time to share a score, it might as well have meaning.

It has more meaning to most than your opinion of how much meaning it has - I guarantee you that.

• Administrator
A score without knowing a little about the course from the tees played has NO MEANING.

Incorrect. The posts are not for you to judge or whatever. If I say "I played my home course from up a little" I know what that means. If someone breaks 90 for the first time, THEY know what that means.

Now, please, back to the thread.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets