IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot a 38 on a par 29. The best part for me was that during my warm up bucket I figured out how to hit my driver straight for the first time. Hit four perfect tee shots before going out. Hit a perfect drive on the first par 4. It was so good I had to hit a second shot just to see if I actually knew what I was doing. Second shot ended up right next tot he first one. Even worked when I used my 4H off the tee on a longer par three. Finally figuring out how to not hit that driver with slice onto the next fairway was awesome.

+1 37 last night. Getting tough to play after work with 7:50 sunset and fading. Not looking forward to fall just now starting to play at the level I finished last year.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

+7 today. A couple of missed putts, but despite that only 26 putts!

My short game worked wonders, rarely had more than 4 feet left if I missed the green (anything within 20 yards basically)

I contribute the score to the swing changes I did before the round, I must've done something right :beer:

In the bag:

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex 440 8.5° (Mitsubishi Diamana S+ LE) S-flex

Woods: Nike Vapor Fly 15° (Mitsubishi Diamana S+ LE) S-flex : Vapor Fly 19° (Mitsubishi Diamana S+ LE) S-flex

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 4-PW S-Flex

Wedges: Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52° : Jaws X 56°

Putter: Odyssey White Ice 3

Ball: Nike RZN Black

Shot a 41 last night in the first round of my league playoffs.  We play match play but count all strokes in case of a tie as the tie-breaker is net score.

I hit a few drives longer than I have ever driven the ball thanks to some swing changes.

5 pars

3 bogeys

1 double  (pin high in rough and took 4 to get down)

Shot 39 a couple days ago, last time I played.  With three holes to go, I needed three pars to hit forty.  Went par-par-birdie.  Got the birdie thanks to a lucky approach shot bounce on the last hole.  The ball hit a rake or something just off the green.  Bounced up in the air, and ended up about three feet from the hole.  /clean living :-D

My last two rounds have been 95 and 96 at my local course.

Off to the Emerald today which was designed by Nick Faldo,not a links course by any means but not many flat lies either,the fairways are very hilly to say the least.

73 today, 7 bogeys, 4 birdies. Probably every bad bounce I could have gotten, I got.

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

Had a pretty good round on Thursday. 46 on the front nine which was quite a struggle with 3 doubles, 3 bogeys and somehow 3 pars!?!? However it was the back nine where my game finally came to life! I had a two over gross 37!!!! 7 of 9 GIR's! 1 birdie, 5 pars and 3 bogeys for my first ever sub 40 nine! That gave me a total of 83 :) Regards Mailman

Mailman

41-41-82

Looks kind of benign, but one of my more bizarre rounds ever. Birdied #1 and shot even par through 6. Hit one OB on #7 and went 10 over through the next 6. Birdied #13 and finished even par though the last 6. The OB rattled me and it took a while to get back on track, but once I did I finished like I started. Wish I could keep it together like that for 18 holes.

Bill M

I shot a 75 last night on league night. Missed a couple more 4 footers which have now become a problem in my game, but overall still happy with the way I shot. Wedges were hot and even got one to fall from 30 yards out for a birdie. Front: 39 Gir: 4 Putts: 14 Birdies: 1 Pars: 5 Bogeys: 2 D. Bogeys: 1 Back: 36 Gir: 3 Putts: 14 Birdies: 2 Pars: 5 Bogeys: 2

In the bag:
Driver: R9 Supertri
3W: R9
3i-PW: Mizuno Mp-68
Wedges: Taylormade Racs
Putter: PING Redwood blade

81 ESC 80 front 40 back 41 rate 71.1 slope 129 indexed 7.1

1   Birdie

10 Pars

5   Bogeys

1   D Bogey :mad:

1   T Bogey :censored:

11/14 Fairways

12/18 Greens

36      Putts

Just some dumb decisions kept me from breaking 80 today, made triple on 18th hole by hitting hybrid instead of 6 iron for my second and hooked it into trouble causing me to hit my 3rd in the bunkers with no sand and I bladed over the green behind some bush/weed then hacked it out near the green and just lost all focus at that point and chopped in a 8 after that just disappointing when course conditions can be more penalizing than the bad shot and I'm speaking directly about the lack of sand in the bunkers, I don't know what to do if I have a long bunker shot but I can't hit behind the ball because the club will bounce off the hard clay bottom of the bunker just so frustrating cause I really think I deserved a better score today.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Par72 Course: 6564yds: 72.5CR: 137Slope

37-40=77

I love it when a plan comes together!  I arrived at 5:15pm and the head pro suggested I tee off on #10.  I played through only 2 groups and finished 18 holes in a little over 2hrs.  I played well on my first 9, but missed a some very makeable birdie opportunities.  I also reached the 18th green in 2 and 3-putted for par!!!! :pound: Considering how well I played from tee to green, finishing over par was a poor finish.

By the time I turned to the front, it was late enough in the evening that I had clear sailing!!  I bogeyed 3 of the last 4 and limped in for a 77 including the last which is a reachable par5 after a perfect drive.   I had a good chance to card another near-par round, but it wasn't meant to be.

My round today can be summed-up by 2 words:  "MISSED OPPORTUNITIES"

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Par 72, 6350 yds, 69.0/133 rating. Shot +7 on the front nine and -2 on the back nine for 77. Good thing I didn't let the front nine get to me.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Dissappointing 91 for my first tournament ever. (Well quite pleased with how I played when I played "well" but way too many blow up holes and dumb mistakes) Par 72. +19 Out in 50 (+13) in at 41 (+6) Very up and down, could save a hole with one great shot / putt after 3-4 terrible shots. And could screw up a hole after a great start. Didn't really get my game "flowing" 3 birdies (!) 1 par ( :( ) 9 bogies ( :( :( ) 5 DB or worse... ( :( :( :( ) Granted the course played pretty tough and I finished 9 after the leader for 23rd place. Me being one of the higher handicappers, I'd consider that okay :) Tomorrow 36 holes at another tournament! :)

In the bag:

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex 440 8.5° (Mitsubishi Diamana S+ LE) S-flex

Woods: Nike Vapor Fly 15° (Mitsubishi Diamana S+ LE) S-flex : Vapor Fly 19° (Mitsubishi Diamana S+ LE) S-flex

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 4-PW S-Flex

Wedges: Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52° : Jaws X 56°

Putter: Odyssey White Ice 3

Ball: Nike RZN Black

Disappointing 91. Had 40 putts including a 4 putt and three 3 putts. Could have been. Solid round as I has 8 greens in regulation, and only 1 hole I didn't give myself a putt for par. I didn't even have a penalty shot All day as I never lost a ball. Only thing in my defense is I didn't sleep last high and when 630 came around I figured what the heck why not play a round. My irons were the best they have ever been I think though

Had probably the ugliest round for a while but somehow managed to get away with an 87! 45 out and 42 in! 1 birdie, 6 pars, 5 bogies and 6 doubles! God there was some ugly golf, starting with 3 doubles, a bogey, birdie and double! On the positive side I was playing off 14 today and pared all 4 holes I didn't get shots on! Apart from that not a lot to really be too enthused about! Regards Mailman

Mailman

Best score ever  84..(47 out 37 in)   69.9   121 slope

1st 5 holes were horrible (+8)  but got on fire with'  1 birdie and 8 pars in an eleven hole stretch!