IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

90 even (par 71).  Overall an encouraging round.  I scored 43/47.  The back nine had me at 1 over after 4 holes (bogey, birdie, bogey, par) and then I just lost my swing a bit, which I still do from time to time as I'm in the midst of making a pretty major swing change.  I played +11 on the last 5 holes with 2 in the water and 1OB.  That said, I haven't broken 90 since 2013, and I was right on track to before holes 14-17 derailed me.  I'm making progress and am trending the right direction.

Had a few steady rounds this last week. Went out and shot 42/46 for an 88, the 46 included my first ever eagle on a par 5, too bad about the rest of the 9, lol.  This weekend I had a 41/50 for 91 and then a 40/47 for an 87. The course is par 72.  I am finding my 90's rounds to be a lot less frequent now and lot's of 80's rounds. I can play 9 with a fairly consistent 42-44 but the 2nd nine seems to always bite me and it doesn't really matter which 9 I play first. More work on short game and putting should help lower my scores.  My hci has been dropping so things are heading in the right direction.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

78 and 79 this weekend on a couple shorter but tight and tricky courses - good times

putting saved me - I think my approach game is returning to my former form.  expect my scores to start getting a little worse soon.  hope not, but the signs are there.

Bill - 

110 and actually pretty excited about it. This is my first year playing more than one round ever. Jane been playing all summer and even though my handicap maxes out the scale today was a good day.

Shot my best back 9 of the year tonight. Three bogies and the rest pars for a 39. Had a couple of 3 putts so I have to get out and work on my putting some more. Hci came down another .5 as a result.

69 at Crystal Falls in Leander.  Couldn't really get anything going, just had to play scrappy.  Left 4 shots out there plain and clear.

Handicap

Par

Score

+/-

Net Score

Fairway

100%

85.7%

92.9%

Putts

1st Putt Dist

Approach Shot

66.7%

88.9%

77.8%

How do you hit that many fairways? What's your avg driving distance?

Great round!

In the bag:
Driver: R9 Supertri
3W: R9
3i-PW: Mizuno Mp-68
Wedges: Taylormade Racs
Putter: PING Redwood blade

41-41-82 Bayville Golf Club VA Beach Awesome Course, Fazio Design 130/70.9 Putter failed me on the punched greens, the Bermuda rough was a killer. One of he best courses in Virgnia I've played. We played in 3 hours no one on the course.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Played 9 holes and shot a 5 over par. I attribute that score to how well my pitching and putting game was working for me. I one putted four of the nine holes, and I two putted the other five, but didn't have any three putts.

Good day on the course today. The Club at Viniterra White Tees 133/70.9 6450 Yds 40-35-75 1 double on front, 3 birdies and 1 3-putt on back., plus I lipped out a fourth birdie from 6 feet. Very nice course, some pretty tough driving holes, was surprisingly in good shape. Under $40 to play after 2 pm.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I shot a +4,40. That was with no warm up and focusing on keeping my backswing shorter. The first four holes where a search for timing. Then I hit the last 5 greens averaging 10 ft on four of them. My driver was very solid. I like the shorter swing. :)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Shot even par 71 on Quail Valley Eldorado course.  Holed out from 182 yards for eagle 2 on #15 and had 3 birdies.  Unfortunately, I double bogey 18.  Had I made par on 18, I would have shot my age...69.  Oh well....

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

40 kind of rough day for wedge play. Been pulling everything lately and it left me with tough putts. A 3 putt for bogey on an easy par 5 and 4 putt* for double on a par 4. Technically wasn't 4 putt because the first putt was about 3" into the fringe but none the the less putter in hand. Just a bad spot, way over the hole and super fast. Made the mistake of blasting it by the hole and lipping it out coming back down.

Dave :-)

36-48-74 Springfield Golf & CC Blue Tees 4 birdies and 1 double

-Jerry

Another good couple of rounds the last 2 days of 82 and 84 and my HCI dropped again from 11.9 to 11.3. All the practice seems to be finally paying some rewards. Very few lost balls but still a few 3 putts that need to be worked on. I am getting quite a few birdie opportunities but again, the putting lets me down and what should be a 1 putt ends up being left short. I am struggling with too long of a backswing and deceleration on both chips and putts.