IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

95 on local par 65 course. It is an extremely tight and hilly course but it was typical Ongle inconsistencies! 2 Pars 9 Bogies 3 DB Had 11 putts for par or better though and although only converted 2, feel I putted pretty well generally, but 3 putted 5 times for 37 total so obviously wasn't that good! Played on my own and felt I went downhill once I'd caught up a fourball who were so slow and not very good (says I!). They wouldn't wave me through and last 4-5 holes was waiting around and my own game fell away a fair bit. Overall wasn't unhappy with it as was persevering with swing changes and I must have had every bad, horrible lie you've ever seen.

Shot 39-37=76. 14 pars, 4 bogeys, 0 birdies. 10 putts lipped out. I'm contemplating putting with a rake.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Siren National, Siren, WI

An amazing little gem of a course - not long, but in GREAT condition and layed out in an amazing manner

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

100! That's my lowest score ever. Played at Wyandotte Shores ( 9 hole twice). For next week if I can clean up the two penalty shots, a snowman on 8 and three 3-putts I think I can shoot for a 95. That was my goal this summer. Under 100 and less than a sleeve lost per round. ;)

Had my best 9 of the year. 8 over 43. 3 pars, 4 bogey, 2 doubles. Loved playing with a limited bag, 8 clubs.
  1. LPGA Square Two Melody driver 
  2. Callaway Steelhead Plus 5 W
  3. Adamsgolf Idea 4i hybrid 
  4. Answer 6 iron 
  5. Answer 8 iron 
  6. LH Golfsmith Tour Model IV PW
  7. AdamsGolf GTxtreme LW
  8. LH Ping Zing Magnesium Bronze

Played in our alternate shot twilight league tonight.

Won 6.5-2.5

We won 5 of the first six holes and tied the last three holes.  Only lost one hole and that was with a three putt.

Starting to play really well.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I've been in golf-hibernation as of late.   I've been playing well, but my last 3-4 rounds were mediocre so I had no expectations for today............  I've been out a few evenings 'here-and-there' to play a few holes, but this is my first complete round in about 2 weeks or so!!

Par72 Course:  72.5CR 137 Slope...6,564yds

34-36=70 ! (-2.1 Diff)  Hahaha....oh hell yes, I still got it!!

11/14 Fairways

12 GIR

28 Putts

6 Birdies!.....that don't SUKK!

I had 2 penalties today!  One resulted in a miraculous bogey save.  The other?...not so much!!

WHATTA' GAME....It's funny how even after a great round, we golfers think about the strokes we throw away!!  I had 1 major disaster today.  The 16th hole is a short 320 yard par4.  The hole is very tight with trouble both left and right so accuracy is a must. Bunt something out there 200-220yds into the fairway and it's a wedge shot approach/birdie opportunity!  The hole was playing into the wind today so I chose 5-wood.  Result: perfect drive right down the middle.......   The pin was all the way back and I had 104yds to the stick.  I was playing well and wanted to stuff it tight.   I didn't think I could get my 56deg wedge to the cup into the wind, so opted for a little sawed-off 3/4 gap wedge.........................SHANK......into the ditch fronting the green!!   AAAAHHRRGG!!!  What??.....Double Bogey was the result!!   hahahaha....golf!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

First, the Good News: Over 9 holes..... hit 7 fairways, and on the Par 3s, hit one Green and parred the other. You can already see where the bad news is coming from. Had 3 pars, One DB, and five bogeys for a 43. Approach shots, chipping, and putting were generally horrendous. Four-putted one green just to keep from three putting, I guess. It's never all there on the same day. I've been saying, "If I could just hit some fairways......"

41-44-45=130 +22 for 27 holes... First 18 I hit 9/18 GIR... I hit it really well today I just couldn't make a damned putt to save my life... How do you shoot 85 with 9 GIR, oh, make a couple doubles on the back, have 3 3-putts, a penalty shot (great bogey save on 4)... 7 pars, 9 bogeys, and 2 doubles... 2 3-putt bogeys and 1 3-putt double... and I just shot 36 yesterday what the hell?

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

I shot an 87 , left handed. Pretty pleased with that score.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I've been playing speedgolf lately.

Monday 44 (+9) in 34 minutes

Last week two rounds of speedgolf

42 (+7) in 35 minutes

45 (+10) in 33 minutes

Need to get in better shape to run faster and hit better shots :)

Oddly but indirectly, it was. I was ran over by a runaway golf cart just prior to starting a tournament. Ruptured bicep hanging on the front bumper trying to stay out from under the wheels. Heavy dew, wet grass and the when passenger of a cart stepped into his cart, his left foot slipped on the floor mat and became wedged between the accelerator and the brake pedal. By the time he got stopped he had run over me and two other golfers. A week later surgery to repair the damage and only very limited use of left arm for almost 3 months. Two weeks ago my surgeon released me return to two-handed golf. I was surprised how proficient a person can became playing one-handed with 2 1/2 months of practice. Actually almost attained the same handicap I had prior to injury. It was fun while it lasted.

I had a random great round (for me). I was 3 over after 17 but then managed to double bogey the last hole. I've been experimenting with some pre-shot routine waggles to get myself to hold the club lightly make a loose swing and it seems to be working. Focusing on having a loose and smooth full swing seems to bleed over into my short game resulting in smooth putts and pitches.

Played a one club round, 7 iron only and shot a 82 (+10),

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

39-37 for another 76. Started slowly. Thought I'd work on my flop shot on one par 4. Nice drive left me 40 yards to a pin only a couple of paces on the green. Four flops later I one putted for a six. :~( There was a tournament earlier in the day and the pin placements were diabolical. In 30+ years of playing I saw some pin placements I had never seen. I missed two putts inside 2 feet due to nasty breaks. I had a 5 foot downhill putt that I needed to barely nudge to get it going. At least I had a uphill putt when I missed. I did have 3 tap in birdies.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs