IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

My son and I bowl a lot, so because of this..... I pretty much quit playing golf cold turkey in the winter months to facilitate his bowling game.  My last round of golf was played at the end of October and I've teed it up twice so far in 2016.   Today was round 3.  It's sunny and 70 in KC today and I absolutely had to play golf today!!!

72.5CR/137Slope/Par72...... 6,564yds......and the wind was definitely up, but not at insane levels as can be expected this time of year when it's unseasonably warm. 

41-36= 77

Hell...I was satisfied with the 41 on the front and the even par 36 caught me by surprise!!  2 birdies and 2 bogeys on the back.....it was an easy stress free back-9 today to be sure. This was totally unexpected to be sure!...a very pleasant surprise!!  

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

• Administrator
1 minute ago, No Mulligans said:

72!!!!!

Okay, let's restate without the exclamation points... a 72 on a par 58 executive course.  Not that unusual for someone with my handicap.  

See, there, that's honesty. You could have claimed the "Broke 80" achievement, but you didn't. Good on you. :-)

Good luck this season. I think you have good things in store.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played a 9 holes skins game with 2 friends today (cold, rainy) and because of the winter greens no point in counting a actual score, so this was a nice alternative. Won with 4 skins, and on the last hole with a putt from outside the 'green'. First game in a few months since I didn't play in the winter, but it went surprisingly well. Looking forward to the next few months, end of March I will take weekly lessons again.

~Jorrit

Beautiful weather in Ohio (for February). Shot an official 99, so I guess I could claim the 100 badge (ha). Definitely a better round than last time. Three pars and one birdie, but ran into some yips on the short game, chipping specifically. Putting seems to be improving. Trying to stay positive and encourage myself on the improvements. The best part of my game was the full iron shots and hybrids.Ha a few really good drives. The good news is .... No shanks or heel hits off the tee! Yeah! 

Dave

I played yesterday and shot 85 from the senior tees.   No cheating, no mulligans.   I teed off mostly with my 5-wood, played pretty well tee to green, but missed half a dozen putts of 3 to 4 feet.   I had an 8 foot birdie putt and 3 putted it.  I had a 10 foot birdie putt and left it half an inch short. 

That said, it was a beautiful day here in Jacksonville.   Clear blue skies, high was about 75 degrees.   The course was not crowded.   We let one single play through.   Got the round done in 4 hours, and hit the 19th hole for beer and much discussion of sports and politics.  It was a real good day. 

Edited by Marty2019

19 minutes ago, Marty2019 said:

I played yesterday and shot 85 from the senior tees.   No cheating, no mulligans.   I teed off mostly with my 5-wood, played pretty well tee to green, but missed half a dozen putts of 3 to 4 feet.   I had an 8 foot birdie putt and 3 putted it.  I had a 10 foot birdie putt and left it half an inch short. 

That said, it was a beautiful day here in Jacksonville.   Clear blue skies, high was about 75 degrees.   The course was not crowded.   We let one single play through.   Got the round done in 4 hours, and hit the 19th hole for beer and much discussion of sports and politics.  It was a real good day. 

Good job on the course.  Wish I had your weather -  here in Canada courses are closed until mid-April.

excellent weather today. walked the front 9 at my local muni. Shot a 43. I'm kicking myself for knocking that tee shot on a par 3 into the water. I teed it back up instead of going to the safer drop zone and took my 2 strokes for the penalty and ended up smacking my 8i about 10 ft. left of the pin. would have par'd it but had to write down the double bogie :( still shot a 43 though which is great for me. 4 pars. 3 bogies and was going into #9 with with a 37 and then doubled the last hole on the par 4! drive was actually pretty good but the wind grabbed it HARD at the end and put me between two trees. my 6i was a little too high so it caught the branches and punched it down. probably would have been a GIR otherwise and might have had a 41. oh well. that's golf. still happy

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

Actually, it was yesterday, but it was 104. Sucky, but part of continuing downward trend. Have been focusing hard on my long game practice and my lessons. Ball contact and distance is so much improved since I started playing last fall. The bulk of misses were good misses.

I putted horribly, 10 strokes over my norm, and had some really awful pitches and bunker shots. I wasn't really caring about those. This round was focused on tee shots and approaches and so I am actually thrilled with my progress. 

Practiced pitches today, so if I get to play tomorrow (if it doesn't rain too heavily), so I hope to a bit better there.

First round of the year here in Illinois, 70 degrees!! Shot a 92, wasn't bad for the first time out since late October. Ball striking was iffy and the greens were not in the best shape, but it is February. Best part though, only lost 1 ball!

Ford's Colony CC - Black Heath Course

Blue Tees 6101 69.4/129 Par 71

38-37-75

3 birdies, course was really wet, but weather was great.  

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

First time out in 2016, last played before Thanksgiving. Shot 40 in 15-20 mph wind. Only 2 GIR but I scrambled well.

Surprised I played half decent. I spent time on the range last weekend and my swing felt odd. Was hitting weird high weak push fades and some slices. I got my usual right to left shot shape back but it was more mini hook than usual 5 yard draw. 

Dave :-)

+3 from forward tees. 5 birdies, 2 doubles and a few bogeys here and there.

thank god, yesterday I shanked a SW then reviewed my hole game playing worse and worse and shaking 4 mores times. played +22

Haven't been on here for a while but first high school golf tournament of the season and shot a 83 (Par 72, raining and 6700 yards)

39-44 and I hit 3 drives into hazards and took a 9 on a par 5 so pretty happy with the round but hope to be in the 70's shortly

Much better then my tournament best of last year though which was a 97!

Shot 81 on a windy day at the championship Links at Summerly in Lake Elsinore, CA. Was even on the backside and doubled 18. Hope to be back in the 70's soon. 

Borrowed a buddies Callaway XR driver for the round and promptly purchased one for myself after the round!