IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

49+49=98. Got off to a decent start. Forgot today was senior league day at plantation golf club. That league backed up the entire golf course. Got slow played every hole after the 4th, lost my rhythm and things went south in a hurry. 18 holes took 4 hrs and 42 minutes!!! Just ridiculous for a round of golf! >:(

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played a lynx course near where I live, that I have never played before. Scored 37 points (1 under net handicap). Quite pleased. That's 3 times in the last few weeks I have played under handicap. 

Edited by paininthenuts
missed a word

In my bag (Motocaddy Light)

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SW Ping Karsten irons with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

45 out, not a lot happening apart from a birdie wedge in between 3 doubles and 4 lost balls on the first 5 holes!

38 back for a total of 83 :)

Very fortunate today though it was most likely the most benign day to play in for the last 4 months! Very gentle weather conditions where the sun even made an appearance!

Regards

Mailman

Mailman

I am a little shocked and surprised by today's round considering I have barely played since October!!  Today was my 6th round of 2016...

72.5CR 137Slope............Par72 .. 6564yds                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     37-37=74   

Fairways: 8/14............Greens: 6............Putts: 27..........2 birdies

I'm loving it!!  Maybe this will be a good year???   LOL...it's too soon to tell!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Played yesterday on my local course, and it was a swimming pool due to heavy rain the night before. Still only shot one over par, so not to bad

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SW Ping Karsten irons with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

Front 9 Oak Hollow in High Point, NC

White tees, 2684y, 113 slope, 32.6 rating

Shot a 42, my best ever. Was very happy, especially considering I lost two strokes from a duff drive that I couldn't find so I had to play the provisional, laying 3. On the very next hole (a par 3) I was off the green and completely duffed it on a huuuuuge hill lie, made out with a double. In total I shot 1 birdie, 3 pars, 2 doubles, and 3 bogies. I'm very happy with that. I want to continue getting better but truthfully I'm very happy with my game as it is. It's good seeing more good ball flights and good contact shots and see it land a little off target than a lot of duff shots into water and OB and stuff. I only had 2 GIR this round but maybe 3 or 4 nGIR that I scrambled really well on. 14 total putts (on green). I scrambled with a few putts of course. 

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

My last two rounds were a little shaky. 72.5CR 137Slope............Par72 .. 6564yds

Last weekend: 42-41= 83

Today: 39-41=80

I hit the ball solid today, but my short game was no good.  32 putts including two 3-jacks.  I also missed a more than a few shortish par putts after missing greens and chipping near the hole.    

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Walked 18 today for the first time this season, almost 6 miles, 800 feet of vertical.  11 fairways, only 7 greens, but close on most, 28 putts :-D  4 bogies, one birdie, 75.  A good day!

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Went with my brother-in-law. Had one really terrible hole (10 with 5 putts). Had a 112 overall, with 43 putts, much better than last time (121, 45 putts).

I just had 3-4 shots where I just grounded the life out of it and did nothing (including my second and third shots of the day), and I had 3 putts (2 in a row, I think on 9) where I pulled up on it, topped it, and bounced the ball. I actually had 3 REALLY good shots to reach the green, and it was generally a pretty good day.

My brother-in-law had an 82 with 22 putts, I think. He hadn't played at all in several months, and had 2-3 really rough drives that he topped. He also has a drive that starts WAY right and comes back left, but it didn't come back as well today, which hurt in a few times.

Played a quick 9 yesterday. Shot an even par 36, which is my first time ever shooting even par on 9 holes (been at +1 once, and +2 a couple of times). 2 bogeys, 2 birdies, 5 pars. Fun time. Really wish I could have played a full 18, but that's okay. I'll live.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Best ever round, shot 8 under net par. Not bad for a 58 year old bloke who took up golf 6 months ago

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, paininthenuts said:

Best ever round, shot 8 under net par. Not bad for a 58 year old bloke who took up golf 6 months ago

Bravo!!

I went out today despite the forecast for cool temps and light rain all day.  Due to the forecast, the course was nearly empty, so we played a 6-some (finished in 4 hours 20 minutes).  After playing pretty well yesterday, I figured today might be the rebound, not quite so good.  I was wrong.  4 birdies, 3 bogies, 71, so I was 2 over for the weekend!:banana::dance::beer:

• Upvote 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

3 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Bravo!!

I went out today despite the forecast for cool temps and light rain all day.  Due to the forecast, the course was nearly empty, so we played a 6-some (finished in 4 hours 20 minutes).  After playing pretty well yesterday, I figured today might be the rebound, not quite so good.  I was wrong.  4 birdies, 3 bogies, 71, so I was 2 over for the weekend!:banana::dance::beer:

Nice, I went 76 on Friday, 74 on Saturday and yuck 79 today. No rain at all today. We played in under 4 hours

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

First round of the year - Logger's Trail in Stillwater, WI.

Course was in very good shape, greens a little slow (I left about 6 putts dead center and less than 6 inches short - and I got a LOT of grief from my playing partners for that).  Rough still kinda short.

41, 44 (last few holes went to hell as the cocktails and the darkness settled in) - happy with this start.

Winter practice (straight spine, shorter backswing) really paying off for approach shots (short irons and wedges).  Hitting driver really well too.

FUN - Let the season begin!!!! (or at least let's get a couple weekends in before the April Fool's Day snow dump)

Bill - 

Shot a 43,48 - 91 at the home course yesterday.  Overall swing started to feel like it was coming back, especially off the tee.  Really focusing on a shorter, more controlled, and flatter backswing (I tend to over swing and get very vertical at times) which I was happy to see translate into a lot less trouble without any noticeable loss in distance.  Pitching/chipping/putting were about were I'd expect this early in the season, however, the full swing wedges were REALLY bad (a lot of thinned line drives from 90 - 110 yards out). 

So happy the season looks to be here to stay!!!

111, one better than last time. My putting carried me HARD today, as I went from 43 on Saturday to 37 today (I even had a chip in from a couple of yards off on the first). I just couldn't drive the ball to save my life, and after a solid 49 on the front, I fell to 62 on the back, thanks to grounding a lot of shots.

Shot an 85. Worked on my swing a lot over the winter, and it was a beautiful day to give it a test run. Never drove the ball so well before. Really felt in control (which was kind of amazing).

Iron contact was often fat, with some blocks thrown in as well. Need to remap my distances too. Hit nearly immaculately on the range several days in a row, so I know I officially need to get off the range, and play more golf.

Everything else was average; just missed way too many greens.

Decided to play a round with the overlap grip and WOW! Hit the ball miles better and shot a 92! Thats six strokes better than my last two rounds and that was with 40 putts! Putting experimentation go ne wrong!! Weather was great, pace of play was decent and got paired up with three great guys!! Pretty good day!!! :)