IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

47-42-89. Pleased with my round, best this year. Got stuck behind some slow golfers which put me off and cost me a shot or two. Think I have the potential to go a fair bit lower than this, but who knows? Break 80 this summer? Dream on? I shall keep playing and find out!

37-39-76

Springfield G&CC Gold tees, hadn't played the gold tees in a while.

Best I hit the ball in over a week, a couple of offline shots but hit 8 Fairways and 9 GIR's (14 nGIR's), had two birdies.  

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

40 - 42 = 82

Played the front 9 twice in a row because they were starting everyone on the back 9 for most of the morning and it was just too congested by the time we got there.  Had 8 putts for birdie at 15' or less and didn't hole one of them :-(

Adam

:ping: G30 Driver 

:callaway: XR16 3W
:callaway: Big Bertha 5W
:ping: S55 4-W 
:ping: 50' , 56', 60' Glide Wedge
:odyssey: White Hot #7 Putter

Congressional Country Club

Gold tees 6,727 72.9/134

38-38-76 

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Eagle Creek Golf Club 51/47 for a 98.

This was my first time breaking 100.  

Driver: Taylormade RBZ :tmade: Irons: Titleist AP1 :titleist: PW-4 All other clubs are needing upgrading as I am able to afford it.

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Eagle Creek Golf Club 51/47 for a 98.

This was my first time breaking 100.  

Yep. Got it. Congrats!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yesterday I shot 85.  Had a two putt birdie on a par 5.   The rest of the round was about the same as always- hit most of the fairways, missed most of the greens.  A lot of chipping and bunker shots.   A lot of 2-putt bogeys.  

My shot of the day was a mistake- on a par 5, dogleg right, I hit my tee shot well to the right of where I was aiming, cleared a pretty tall pine tree and hit the back of a hill, sending my ball careening forward right into the middle of the fairway, about 190 yards from the green.   I managed to hit that green and 2-putt for birdie.  Actually, maybe that second shot was the shot of the day. 

We got around 18 holes in 3 hours flat.

Springfield Golf & CC

Gold Tees 

38-38-76

Very windy, 

-Jerry

Went out Wednesday afternoon, after work. It was EXTREMELY windy, and kind of a mess of a round. With the wind to my back, I had a well-struck drive that went 216 (before, I think my longest this season was 195). Into the wind a few holes later, I had a well-struck one that went only 133. I took my 3 wood to start a few holes, without a tee, to try to keep it down a bit. I hit it reasonably well most of the day.

What the day came down to was a disastrous start (44 through 6, including 2 9's and an 8) with a good (by my standards) finish (34 on the final 6). I even managed to play the one par-5 (543 yards) well for the first time ever, thanks to the wind. I got my third shot just over the back of the green, had an OK chip on, then made a nice putt from about 12 feet to par that hole for the first time (I'm usually happy to leave that thing with a 7, since I don't hit the ball hard).

I was pretty frustrated to start. I decided to slow my swing way down to get some control on it, and it worked surprisingly well. I was hitting quite a few fairways and being helped by the wind on some of the holes meant I was getting decent distance. I ended up with a line of 60-54-114. That I shot 6 better on the half of the course that's 2 strokes higher (34 on the front, 36 on the back) and almost 700 yards longer kind of says something about how ugly I started that round, but I feel that I mentally adjusted well. With any luck, I can go out tomorrow and see if I can get the first 10 holes into a better situation and break 110 for the first time this season.

SGCC Blue tees

38-38-76

3-3 putts and a ball in the hazard.  

did have 3 birdies but Ugh on the give away shots

-Jerry

Rainy & wet on a tight course I never played before Indian mound Jekyll island

Could not get but 180-195 off the tee

205 was my longest all day 

52 front - 45 back

72.5CR 137slope.....par72                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            It's early in the year and my game is showing good signs, but I still have major rust!!!!!

Friday:  44-36= 80                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         I had  no feel on the front, but felt like summer form on the back!!  

Today:  43-41=84                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          The conditions were terrible, cold and windy..AND I played like crap!  LOL...... and made no putts!  it happens!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Played the ridge golf course 2 days ago from the back tees. mostly a practice round front nine in a cart. I played it 3 times shot 40-41-then 37. I was hitting the greens much better but managed to have some doubles in there 2 nines out of 3. I would say my gir has improved a ton same as par saves and my driving hitting most of the fairways. I had 8 birdie looks and made 1 putting needs to be more aggressive?

images.png

Edited by Mike Boatright

Saturday,

Kittyhawk GC (Hawk Course)

47-47-94

This was my half-day off for the week. Played some really awful rounds over the winter and this is a step in the right direction. 10 of 14 fairways. Shots off the floor were better but still have a long way to go.Gotta get through the next few weeks and I can spend more time on golf.

• Administrator

Earlier today, 72 with… 16 pars. Whispering Woods blue tees. Balls were still going, on average,  yards from where they landed on tee shots.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/793790

Hit the ball really badly. And had 83% GIR, somehow. Seriously, everything was heeled, thin, and thus weak/right. I had a lot of long putts. My distance control was great. GG says I lost two strokes putting (but gained in everything else), which I don't know if that makes sense. I'll post about that in the GG separate thread, though.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I shot a 79, 10 pars, 1 birdie, 6 bogies, 1 double. 

I am not complaining much with the work I've been putting in on my swing changes. The first hole was the blip when I thought about too much stuff. Once I stopped that I hit some great shots. 8 GIR, 8 nGIR for a combination of 16 out of 18 GIR or nGIR. I didn't putt particularly well (-0.68 strokes gained putting). I didn't putt well inside of 25'. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping: