IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Sunday was the only good weather in the last couple weeks and likely for the next couple weeks.  I drove to two courses (full) before this one.  This is the nicest course in the direction I drove in though.  Lucky me.  WINDY yesterday.

79 strokes + two penalties for 81.  I think a personal best at this course and I played the next longer tees than usual too.  There is a stretch from12-14 that always takes my lunch money and I had very good birdie opportunity putts on each.  Very happy.  Especially hole 13 where I don't think I've even been on the green in 2 (maybe 3) in my life.  Of my 11 GIRs, I think 8 were legit Birdie chances - I missed every single one of them.  This will be a good year.  I played like crap for the first 4 holes, and then kind of found my swing.....  Hitting fairways like a maniac.  Lots of work in the golf dome this winter and I think it's paying off.  Now maybe some putting lessons?

MWSnap 2016-04-04, 10_32_25.jpg

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

92 at Maderas in San Diego county. 44 on the front, which I was pleased with. 48 on the back, a couple OB' s and a sand trap hurt. Great day to be out, super course to play. 

99 at Pine Hills Golf Club in Winder, Georgia.

Off the tee with a driver, fairway wood, or hybrid in my hands, I looked like a scratch golfer  With an iron in my hands, I was a three alarm dumpster fire.  I didn't hit anything out of bounds with my irons, mainly because I simply didn't make solid enough contact with anything to hit it far enough to get out of bounds.  I kept hitting behind the ball.  All.  Day.  Long.  Even punch shots.  I could not make an adjustment that made any difference.

I think part of the problem was that I was playing from the white tees and bombing my drives, so I had a lot of half and three quarter shots.  I'd also never played the course, so I didn't really know my yardages.  On the rare instance that I did hit a solid wedge or iron shot, I usually left myself with a long putt.

Putting was more of a small trash can fire.  I hit some really good putts, and I hit some really bad putts.

I have to get to the range.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Shot a 79 today. (40/39) Made a few nice putts while keeping my ball in play most of the time with my other clubs. 

When we got back to the 19th, the counter people were sitting outside. It was a slow afternoon I guess. They asked if we were done. We told them yes. They then offered us another 9 holes free of charge, since we were walking. We bought a few beers to go, and continued on. 

My next 9 was a 42. (6 bogies) Didn't make any putts to speak of. Long game was not as sharp as the previous 18. We did have a good time 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

29 in our Master's Par 3 tournament.  All holes on the back 9 are set for par 3's.  50 yards the shortest and 130 yards the longest.  It was cold and windy playing though but always fun.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Wow did I have a great round yesterday evening! 

33.7.0/111, 2937 yards. Apparently they've changed their scorecard to label these tees as the "senior tees" (lol). I didn't care for yesterday's round at least. Tee it forward I guess. I shot a 43 (Par 37), 6 over. The amazing thing about this round was that I had no lost balls, no penalties, all of my tee shots were acceptable or better (I was cranking 255+ yards on most of them), 3 GIR, 4 nGIR, and 1 chance at an eagle putt (that I missed), and I was judging the wind very well. Honestly, the wind was 100% in my favor for my shot type (left to right).

I shot 2 doubles and 2 singles for my +6. Both doubles were from 3-putts. One of the 3-putts was from within 8 ft. (lol, I kid you not, super slope).

I'm very happy with this. Shooting 5 pars in a round of 9 is not something I can normally do. 

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

One over net par on a wet course with a back brace on. 

In my bag (Motocaddy Light)

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SW Ping Karsten irons with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

Had the round of my life today. Shot a 1 over 70. Was sitting at -2 on the 17th tee box and promptly put one OB. Made a double on that one then pushed my iron shot right of the green on the par 3 18th, made a bad chip and left myself 20' for par, lipped that bad boy out and tapped in my bogey for a fantastic round. I was sooooo close to accomplishing one of my 2016 goals. What a day. 

• Upvote 1

I didn't shoot anything today.  Last week I fell off a ladder, hyper-extended (lateral) the left knee.  I saw this as it happened in slow motion.  I thought my leg was broken, or at least serious damage to the knee.  Have bruises and bumps to the lower led and left side, but amazingly, nothing is broke.  It seems just like a sprained knee joint.

Is there an injury forum where people can share what they did to recooperate?

Much better today at Springfield than at Stoneleigh with the 25 mph winds.

35-42-77 Blue Tees 2 birdies and one double and one three putt bogey

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

79 +8 three over on the front five over on the back. Only my second 18 holes since November so a small victory. Wind was 25-35 mph from 14 in so brutal. Literally hit three solid shots on the longest par 4 on that side and couldn't get there had to pitch on and get up and down for bogey. 

Dave :-)

Yesterday I shot an 81 from the forward tees on a par 71 course.  I had the best ball striking round in my life, especially with my driver.   On a 440 yard hole, my drive stopped at the 150 marker.   On several short par 4s, I almost drove the green. 

A couple of bad holes cost me the chance to break 80 for the first time ever.   On a par-5, my second shot with an iron went over the green and I had a very difficult chip shot from a severe downhill lie.   Three chips and 2 putts later, double bogey. 

Can't really complain, though.   That was probably the best round of golf I've ever played. 

• Upvote 1

The World's Largest Golf Tournament with over 5600 participants, the Golf Association of Philadelphia's Team Matches, started on Sunday. I wasn't planning on playing (actually, I signed up but wasn't selected to play) but play was delayed due to the April snowfall. I went over to my club to go to the range but was recruited last minute to play on the third team, as somebody had to drop out because of time constraints. Never even warmed up but shot 38-44-82, winning the front +6 and losing the back -1. Won the overall and also the team match (players play two matches; one individual and a better ball match with a partner.). So I personally accumulated 5 points and gave up 1. Good day, and the overall team won as well. Maybe the captains will realize that they erred in not selecting me to play in the first place.:-P

Edited by phan52

Bill M

88 from the whites at El Tigre GC Nuevo Vallarta, Mx. Nice course, lots of water. Didn't really feel like I shot 88, felt worse but that's how it added up