IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Played rubbish in a foursomes game around a local course - managed to scramble well, but the long game was all over the place. Most frustrating of all was the par 3 17th, where I hit the tee shot perfectly, right at the flag, took one bounce and hit the flagstick before spinning back off the front of the green. Never been closer to the hole-in-one :-(

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Finally, a pretty decent day in the 50's with not too much wind. Didn't keep score on the 9 holes I walked today because I was merely trying to gauge the distance I can expect from the 5 new clubs I added to my bag which weren't in my bag last year. All I remember is I got 4 pars

It was the tail of two nines for me today. Got up this AM with nothing really planned for the day. Headed up the hill to golf course for some practice. Once there saw, the first tee was empty, and decided why not. Totally unprepared to play. 

Ended up with an 81 (+9).  It's how I managed this score that keeps me grinning. I played bogey golf for the first 9. I was one over on each hole. Missed a few one putts for par. 

Took a break at the turn. Had a couple beers with the old timers. Watched a little Golf Channel. 

I then proceeded to par every hole on the back nine. Made a few one putts for par. 

This is nothing new for me, as I have done this several times before. Maybe even a couple times in the last 12 months. Gotta love this goofy game. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I shot my age (70) today. I've done it 7 times now, this being the first since I turned 70 in January. I played at my home course, the Golf Club at Rio Vista, with a couple of the guys in my regular group. With a 69.4 rating and 123 slope, the course wasn't especially challenging today, as our often hellacious winds were only blowing at about 10 mph, but I played pretty well...made 4 birdies, just 2 bogies, and made a 10-footer for par on #18 to close the deal. It's nice to know that the old guy can still play a little bit from time to time.

Shot my best 9-holes yesterday: 42 on a par 37 (+5)

2,937y 113 slope

The beautiful part was that I felt like I didn't hit the ball very well, and that fact that I didn't shoot anything worse than a bogie (5 bogies, 4 pars; the my scorecard was so pretty :-)). I hit many 'wayward' shots but all were manageable and I advanced the ball well. I only hit TWO greens in regulation. It really showed me that even if you're not hitting the ball very well, as long as you can advance the ball a good ways, you can still get up and down. I was nGIR most holes of course. 

BTW I missed the very last putt, only 1.5 FEET from the hole and I missed it lol. It was 8:05pm and was dusk so my eyes were adjusting like crazy. It was driving me nuts. I thought I was showing a hard break but thought my eyes were playing tricks and hit it straight. Nope. Lipped out. I'm not mad though because I sank a 60+ ft on an earlier hole lol, so it evened out. 16 total putts.

Edited by jkelley9

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

Cool and windy today. Got out at 10am as single walker. Shot an 84. (40/44) All things considered, it was a good round. Since there was 20+ mph wind, I tried to keep the ball low. This cost me some distance which added a few strokes. Had a couple of putts blow off line due to wind gusts.

Caught up with a couple guys in a cart on the 4th hole. Watched of them miss hio by a blade of grass. The guy was beside himself. I tried to console him by telling him a bird on a par 3 is a good thing too. Dont think it helped. 

I am done till next week. Going to let the weekend warriors do their thing the next couple of days.. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

On January 1, 2005 at 7:31 PM, iacas said:

This thread typically gets started one way or another, so I may as well start it here. When you play a round of golf, pop open this thread and add a comment. Tell us your score, tell us how you played, and so on.

I'll kick it off...

Today I shot what would have been about a 78 or a 79 at my home course. Tough to say since I didn't putt (I gave myself two putts on all but three holes where I'd stuffed it within 5 feet - any missed I'd have made there I figure would have been balanced out by the five putts I had from 5-10 feet). Temporary greens, you see.

A week ago we had a foot or two of snow. Today it was 40-45 degrees and the ground was soggy, but very little snow existed. I was one of about ten golfers out there. The lack of much wind was nice - 45 degree weather plays about a club shorter.

I'll write more later. Gonna post a picture or two from my camera phone.

Note: this thread should contain only posts about your score. No replies, please!

Reminder.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

41-39-80 First Day of our Board of Directors Ringer Tournament, lots of room for improvement tomorrow.  Although I am playing in the final group, so everyone else must not have p[layed that well either.  Greens were really fast, lots of missed putts.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Again failed to break 100 on Friday.A day off yesterday.

Just had an early morning walk around the perimeter of the course and it was empty so I called my 2 buds to see if they were hungover or not. NOT!

So we're off for a round in a couple of hours.

We're still in the throes of Thai New Year so I'd imagine the locals are nursing headaches today.

I was able to get my first round of the year in and shot an 86. I can't remember the last time I played so well. Struggled with my mid and short irons but was crushing my drives hybrid and 3 iron. I don't really understand it myself but I'll take it. Made some great putts too. Need to work on everything 150 and in I guess.

Had my first full day off in a month. The weather was beautiful and Community GC (Dayton, OH) was rammed full of hackers.Ran in a group of six on the fifth hole. Six.

43-45-88

Plenty of rust and I'm desperately out of shape. Cutting grass in the morning and walking the 18 left me on fumes by the end of the day. Still had a few really solid shots. A couple of irons were very pleasing. I'm also breaking in a new putter. Can't remember how many three-putts, but better days are ahead.

First round of the season today! I didn't keep track of score but probably shot somewhere in the mid 40's. Was having trouble finding the face on some shots and my distances were all over the place. I was very stoked to score a birdie on a 180 yd par 3 though! Very unexpected since the greens were just punched.

Can't wait to get out again, although I should probably put some more time in at the range instead.

In the bag:
Driver: R9 Supertri
3W: R9
3i-PW: Mizuno Mp-68
Wedges: Taylormade Racs
Putter: PING Redwood blade

Roller-coaster 75. 4 birdies and 7 bogies

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Mcanadiens-I can relate=first hot day yesterday-raked the lawn and then played 18 with the wife-fumes by 17. 46+47=93. Par 3's ate me up yesterday.

87 on a course I played for the first time. Had a triple and double on the front, but settled down for a 41 on the back with 5 pars total.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Shot an 84 (43/41) on Sunday.  Fairly easy course but still happy to have scored in the mid 80s this early in the season.  Driver is still a bit of a wildcard but the irons on in were pretty decent.