IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Don't typically post my rounds here but I broke 80 for the 1st time since September 28th so thought it was worthy.  71.5, 124, Westridge in McKinney, TX, shot a totally legit 77. 

Coolest thing is that I didn't make a putt today, it was all ball striking.  Usually my putting bails me out and keeps me in the low to mid 80s but today, I missed 5 putts inside 6 feet and still scored, including a chip-in eagle frim 59 yads (ok, lucky).  Wow, excited.

Edited by Gunther
  • Upvote 1

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am only about 2 weeks into our season as the course just opened but so far I've been really happy this year. I am still getting the feel back from my inside 100 yard shots but I shot two under on the front and two over on the back. I was only planning on playing 9 holes as my wife came out to play but I was well so we kept going. 

First post here. But a 69(34-35) feels greate. Par 72 (71,2 rating). 4 birdies, 1 bogey. 16 GIR. 

Still to beat my life record 5 under made in 2000, happy to be back on track. 

Played Saturday - my score was somewhere between "crud" and "junk"

but still happy to get out - Hit a great 5i chip shot to a green at 180 yards on a windy day.  So I've got that goin' for me.

which is nice

Bill - 

Finally able to get out in over a month and played yesterday at Fossil Trace.

Shot 41 + 41 = 82.  Not bad for not having played in a while.

T-Rex tee (6577 yds, 71.4/136)

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Funny week for me. On Tuesday I played my home course. Shot an 85. I know my home course pretty well. I have played better than 85 many, many times on that course. Missed a few putts I did. Even some easy ones. 

Wednesday a friend and I took the drive north to a course I have not played in a year or so. Casablanca in Mesquite. Shot a 75 with 3 bogies, and 15 pars. Made a lot of one putts, and a few lucky chip ins. 

In both rounds my long game was the better part of my game, being that I was hitting on, or near enough to my target areas, most of the time. 

Going back to my home course this afternoon for 9 or 18. I expect to do better than that 85, if we get in 18. 

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Shot a personal best, 40 on the front nine of my local course.

• Upvote 1

:callaway: Mens Strata Plus set

Protected by Ruger firearms.

If you hear my shot, I wasnt aiming at you

I only kept score for the back nine and got a 44. Or 46 depending on weather or not you prefer to count the mulligan I took

It's been awhile since I've posted...... 

I've been hacking it around with mostly "Blah" results.  Lots of low 80s scores that should be better...... Blah..........  it will be nice if the rains would stop long enough to let the course dry out a bit!!!   For now, I've been "MUDDIN" it......LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Prepping for our first tournament tomorrow.  Shot an 8.6 differential which, while not great, is a decent result considering how high my index has inflated this Spring.

Brian Kuehn

Today was my second 9 hole round since I decided to start playing more often.  My first one, I shot a 42 at a really easy golf course - executive length, slope rating 65.  Today, though, I played a much harder course - slope rating 122.  I think the 122 is inflated, actually . .but I shot a 44 and I was pretty happy with it. 

The greens were pretty easy and big ... and slow.  The course wasn't super long - 6,000-something.  What probably boosts the slope rating is all the junk lining all the fairways - if you hit it far off-line, it's almost a guaranteed lost ball.  Also the severe lies all around the greens.  If you miss the green you are probably going to have an awkward chip.    

I hit lots of fairways - I need to start keeping track of that.  I only hit 2 greens, though.  I only made 1 up and down out of about 6 attempts.  My takeaways were that I really need to work on my GIR.  I typically don't miss them by all that much.  Step one is going to be to start using a rangefinder.  I really have no clue about my distances.

My chipping is bad and my putting is ok . .but as soon as my GIR and chipping get better, my putting is going to start to suck. 

Played a morning nine and started strong with two birdies, one a 15 foot chip, and the other a 5 foot putt. Then I hooked OB on the next hole and it all went downhill from there, finished 7 over after 9.

I'm horrible at posting my scores in here. 

Shot an 87 last time out and it was so frustrating. Did not drive the ball well at all but was very happy with my pitching and my putting. I had 33 puts which is more than my average but I was rolling it well and missed about 8 putts by a total of 5 inches or so. Very easily could have shot 80. Looking forward to Tuesday 

With what could be one of my last outings at this particular course since I am being relocated I shot a 91..  There is an outside chance I might play one more time next week, but it's just that; an outside chance.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Played 9 holes with my neighbor this morning. He shot a 42 and I got a 43. Best part of my game today was my putting. I Drained 3 putts from over 30 feet today to save par with my $2 yard sale putter. 

Edited by 9wood

One of those baffling days. Hacked my way around the first nine (our back nine) in 44 with 4 pars. No idea where the ball was going on the other holes and no confidence in my swing at all. Got to the front nine and, except for one or two errant shots was in full control. Hitting fairways and greens and making any putt inside 4' or so. Finished with a 39 for a respectful (if schizophrenic) 83. Such is life, and golf!