IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

124, worst in a long time. I couldn't do much of anything right today, really. The 2.56 putts per-hole was the worst I've had all season. My chipping was really inconsistent. I had some awful luck as well, including getting stuck under two trees, ending up in a bunker I rarely visit while it was in horrendous shape, and hitting a dead tree. I had 3 penalty strokes when it's rare for me to have more than 1 (the 10th hole is basically my only issue with that ever). I only used the driver twice because it wasn't going anywhere.

Just all-around bad. Nothing to really take away from it, to be honest. Just gotta not let being screwed by bad course conditions bother me as much as it did on the second hole.

Be thankfull if you where allow to play this week ! Im ill, resting in bed for the 5th day now. Last night i also get burn with boiling water, hand, leg and knee. So painfull. Hope that i can play again next week. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played to 90, my average score these days.   But the big news was that I may have fixed my driver issue, hitting 13 out of 14 fairways - a personal record.   

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Well, only last Friday I shot shot 13 over net, today I shot 16 under. That is crazy inconsistency. I have been struggling with my fairway woods and hybrids lately, so today I just used irons, knowing I would lose some distance. It worked wonderfully, because although I was right and did lose a few yards, I kept the ball on the fairway, and this in turn gave the me confidence and helped me relax. 

Oh, I should have mentioned that it is the 2nd week on the trot I won the Monday bash

Edited by paininthenuts

In my bag (Motocaddy Light)

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SW Ping Karsten irons with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

70 at Battlegrounds CC in NJ yesterday. The best round I've played this season. Felt good to hit quality golf shots again.

Shot of the day was a slick sawed off 9i i hit into a back right pin on the eigth hole for a kick in birdie. Had a chance to go in, too. 

After two and a half rounds of completely losing my full iron swing I seemed to have found it at the turn of my last round. Shot a 48 on the front 9 with 4 double bogeys. After the turn I shot a 41 and started feeling much better. Broke 90 for the third time in a row now, hopefully can keep the pace up. 

2 rounds this weekend.  Pretty happy, I was hitting terribly on the range last week (thinning it) and had a talk with a buddy here and figured out what I had been neglecting (in my posture).  Apparently it worked.  St Croix especially is a difficult/tricksy course - lots of fun.  (However, especially happy with the score as they just aerated)

A few more penalties than I normally like.  But those are easy to attack and eliminate.  My contact has been as good as it ever has been before.  I really need to start making those birdie putts.  GIRs are increasing a lot.  My iron game is much improved.

MWSnap 2016-05-23, 10_02_24.jpg

MWSnap 2016-05-23, 10_02_43.jpg

Bill - 

Played the home course Thursday and again on Sunday (with a lesson in between).  Shot a 91 Thursday, 84 on Sunday.  Stats really tell the story, fairways 43% vs. 29% which led to 33% GIR vs. 17% and 8 pars on Sunday vs. 3 on Thursday.  Had to text my instructor mid-round I was so happy with my drives.  Only bad part about Sunday's rounds was taking 2 penalty strokes on the same hole (into the drink off the tee and a lost ball into the woods to the right of the green).  Other than that, a very nice day for me.

This past Saturday I shot an 81, with 3 - 3 putts and 1 - 4 putt.  I found a few things on the range to improve my swing so my focus now is improving on my putting.  I'm hoping to be consistently breaking 80 by the end of the summer.

87 at Temecula Creek. Driver behaved, putter ok, sand good, irons into greens a bit long at times, hybrid pulled left more than I wanted. All in all a good day

Well, only last Friday I shot shot 13 over net, today I shot 16 under. That is crazy inconsistency. I have been struggling with my fairway woods and hybrids lately, so today I just used irons, knowing I would lose some distance. It worked wonderfully, because although I was right and did lose a few yards, I kept the ball on the fairway, and this in turn gave the me confidence and helped me relax. 

=====

Has anyone noticed people rarely post bad results LOL 

In my bag (Motocaddy Light)

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SW Ping Karsten irons with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

41-38-79 

Springfield Blue Tees

playing in our fourball tournament

we won 2.5-0.5 :dance:

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Chipping has been horrid lately.

so I practiced on my own and went back to wrist hinging.

much better score now. Wonder why I ever changed techniques? hope to do well in a tourney his Memorial Day weekend.

wish me luck and skill.

now here I am again after a long while reading up on golf!

Edited by Gofas

Taylormade tour burner irons

Tour burner driver 10.5

Taylormade RBZ 3 wood 15

Ray Cook M1x putter

Ray Cook 56 wedge

Bridgestone e6 golfball

footjoy Glove

I birdied my one of my nemesis holes on Monday. I've never parred it before. It is an uphill par four. The tee shot is through a tree chute and has with the landing area 35 ft above the tee. The green has a steep 35 ft hill climb in front of it. If you are short, it rolls all the way back down. If you hit the green, it usually goes off the back.

I hit my 5w to 145 yards from the pin. Then I hit a 6 iron that hit the top of the hill just before the pin and rolled to 6 feet. Felt really good!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Hit my first 100+ in 9 or 10 games - 101 (low 90s hitter of late) Which really pissed me off because before today, I would have said the only reason I'm struggling to shoot under 90 was because of my driver getting me into jail all too often, Today was the best day I've ever had with a driver, not once in the woods, hit 11FW in regulation with an average of around 220/25, which is an absolute first for me by a mile. However 52 putts, lost count of how many triple putts I made - off the charts! In my defense I've never played on such challenging greens, also a first for me, still no excuse. 

Shot 39-34 =73 ( +1 ) today. 4 over after 8th, good comback 3 under par till the end of the round.