IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Went to Sugar Hill Golf Club this morning. I made the turn in 49, finishing with four consecutive double bogeys. I calmed down a bit, missed a few makeable par putts on the following holes (the greens were aerated two weeks ago, and they haven't completely recovered), then hit a gem of an approach on 14. I was feeling really confident, then I realized I could break 90 if I made pars on the remaining four holes. Of course, I then finished bogey-bogey-triple-double. 96.

(That said, I swore I would re-establish my handicap once I broke 100. That's exactly what I did once I made it back to the clubhouse.)

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

75 with a kid after a junior tournament I ran. Going out to play another 18 at a different course with the assistant pro at 7:30 though. 2 hours to get in 18 you say? We play fast. 

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My game has been a struggle.  It's showing signs of life, but the misses are terrible derailing nearly every round.   I've FINALLY put together a nice 3 round stretch of golf....(at least by my standards)

72.5CR 137slope....par72                                                                                                                                                                                                    

39-36=75                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Only 4 fairways.....8 greens.....2 PENALTIES!!....27 putts.....three birdies and an eagle.....a mixed bag to be sure!!!!!

36-36=72                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         only 6 fairways, 10 greens and 28 putts....no penalties!!  I played the same as the day before without the foul balls.

Then I played a simple away course.....Par70.....70.6CR....116slope (pretty wimpy                                                                                                                        

35-37=72                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

Not a tough course by any stretch, but I hit the ball well.   The only weird miscue was an approach to a back pin.   I shot the yardage with a laser and hit a good shot, but the ball flew into the trees over the green.  Did I shoot a yardages to the trees behind the green??  Sheesh.... I have no clue......I made double bogey that hole and was left scratching my head!!!   Aside from that, I played very well..........

I've had three pretty good rounds, and hope it wasn't a fluke!!   Only time will tell...............LOL

Edited by BuckeyeNut

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Shot an 84 yesterday at Woodley Lakes, in my goal to break 80. Finished on a tear that began with a 50-foot birdie putt on 12, then six pars in a row. The holes I played well on had pretty strong iron play, and vice versa.

Have recently been starting off holes 1-2 poorly, which is bad because they're pretty easy. Probably need some more warm ups to fix that. 

Kinda ugly 79 yesterday 43/36. Honestly it could have been a personal best day because I don't think I've hit the ball as well as I did in many months. I missed a bunch of greens on the front but just barely. My drives were longer and in better position than usual and IMO I have an alignment issue or my shot shape isn't what it once was, usually play a baby push draw but yesterday everything pretty much started right and stayed right which led to the missed greens.

I adjusted on the back and was sticking it close. In fact it was my putting that was bad, several of the bogeys on the front were lipped out short putts and I missed a bunch of birdie putts. This is the kind of thing that killed me. 12 is a 566 yd par 5. I mashed my drive and followed that with a stellar 4w that rolled to within 7-8' of the front of the green. The ground was too scabby to putt it so I chipped it to 4' ish but over the hole. I missed the birdie putt so 3 strokes from inside 20 yds or so.

Dave :-)

37-42-79 Springfield Gold Tees

First Club Championship Qualifier Round.  Played well on the front, not so much on the back, but another 79 and I'm in the round of 16.  Had 3 three putts from now about 40 or more feet but putted well on the rest on the holes.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Last time out I shot a horrid 89. Couldn't drive the ball at all. Ball striking was going in the right direction and my pitching and chipping is still getting better (was able to get up and down to save par 5 times and I am proud of that)

fast st forward to today, hit the range to warm up prior to my round. Hit a few balls on the range and ball striking was really great. Great trajectory, a bit left to right like I like them to and my short game in the practice green was great. I'm finally getting to idea of spinning chips and pitches and controlling distance.

on the course though the driving fell apart and had to rely on my hybrid and 3 wood from the tee box after 4 holes. Iron play and short game saved me. Shot a 42 for nine and I'm happy with that. 

I'm thinking of taking the driver out of the bag for the foreseeable future so I'm not tempted to pull it on the course. Every other part of my game has gotten so much better....except for driver play 

Two weeks, two courses, two rounds of 96; this time, playing at River Pines Golf Club from the member tees (6,037/68.1/122). I really wasn't missing by much off the tee, and I only hit three truly bad shots all day (two sod-layers while trying to hit big draws with short irons on 7 and 11, and hooking a tee shot into water right on 15), but I couldn't get comfortable for most of the round. Only four greens in regulation, none of them on par fours.

I did go 1-under on par fives, though. Being a par-70 course, there were only two of them.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

40-41-81

SGCC Gold Tees

final Tound of Club Championship qualifier, so my two day total of 160 gets me in the Championship flight. Feel like I limped in. 

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

40 (+4) for 9 holes after work. Best I've hit the ball all year. 4 GIR (1xnGUR), 3 nGIR, 1 birdie, 4 pars, 1 bogie, 2 doubles.

D: Ping G25 Stock S Shaft
3W: Titleist 915F 16.5* Diamana S70 Blue Stiff
3H, 4H: Callaway XR Project X LZ 6.0
5i-PW: Mizuno MP54 Project X 5.5 Shafts
52*, 58*: Mizuno JPX Wedge TT Dynalite Gold AP
Putter: Mizuno MP A306

42 - 45 = 87

Spring Lake Country Club (York, SC) - White Tees (71.2 / 124)

2 Birdies - 6 Pars - 6 Bogies - 4 Others
3 Penalties
2 of 14 Fairways
7 of 18 GIR
33 Putts

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

42 with 6/9 GIR!:-D Unfortunately, I also had 20 putts! :pound:I was on the green but had putts of 60 45, 40 and 30 that I three putted, which is unusual for me.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Shot 69 (-2) @ McCall Golf Club. Decent round. Tee and approach shots were good, with a couple missed edge putts. 3 bogs, 3 birds, 1 eagle. 

Shot a 75 today on a 70.8/132 course. +4 round. By far my best score (next best is 78), and my best differential by a stroke. 11 GIR, and 7 nGIR on top of that (4/7 scrambling for pars from that, which is double my normal rate). Pretty good round! 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Shot a 42 with only 2/9 GIR but 8 of 9 nGIR!   I hit 4 of 6 fairways with the two misses just slightly missing right.  I only had 13 putts but end up with 2 doubles on par 3s.   I was going to play 18 tonight but when I arrived at the 10th tee, there were three groups waiting to tee off....nope.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Well, I'm about as jacked up over 9 holes of golf that have no competitive meaning as humanly possible.  Shot my first ever even par 36 on the front 9 of my home course.

Hole 1 Par 4 - Hit the shankiest drive I'd hit all day, luckily there is no OB to the right so you can go as far right as you want (I proved it) and still have a play.  Put my drive behind a tree though so I tried a tricky cut punch that didn't cut meaning I go from far right to far left.  Hit gap wedge to 15 feet, 2 putt for bogey.  We're off to a auspicious start. (+1)

Hole 2 Par 5 - Piped my drive down the middle.  Eventually got tired of waiting for the green to clear so I put the hybrid away and hit a my 7 iron to about 40 yards out from the front of the green.  Pitch on, watch it roll just off the back.  Chip in for birdie! (E)

Hole 3 Par 4 - My fade gets a little slicey taking some distance off my drive.  Instead of reaching the bottom of the gorge that is part of this hole I'm left with 180 across a valley to the green.  Pure a 6 iron and put it slightly over the back (probably should have hit a 7) Chip up and 1 put for par. (E)

Hole 4 Par 3 - As I play a fade and there is a creek down the right side, I played it about 10 yards left of the green.  Didn't quite fade it enough to hit the green, but put it really near the back of the left edge of the green with a 175 yard 7 iron.  Chip up and 1 put for par. (E)

Hole 5 Par 5 - My nerves and driver start to really try to sabotage me.  Top driver to about 120 yards and way short of the dog leg.  Hit 6 iron over the tree line to about 180.  Hit 7 Iron to within 10 feet.  Putt is a bender, lip out birdie and putt in for par. (E)

Hole 6 Par 4 - Top drive once again, barely making fairway.  Left 230 to green, slice 3 wood into tree line, find it at the base of tree bordering next fairway.  Hit beautiful gap wedge back over tree line to 5 feet.  One put for par. (E)

Hole 7 Par 4 - Elevated tees mean I can leave driver home for the hole.  Recent flooding means I have to carry at least 200 to get over makeshift lake.  Hit a nice fade with 3 wood to center of fairway leaving about 125 yards.  Hit PW just off left side of green, chip up and one putt for par. (E)

Hole 8 Par 3 - This hole is about 170 normally that means 7 iron, but lately I've been launching my 6 and 7 irons so I pulled 8.  HIt a slightly thin cut that was heading for left edge of green (where there is an enormous grass bunker)  Due to the cut the ball kicks hard right and rolls onto the fringe settling about 4 yards below the green.  Chip to about 3 feet past the hole and one putt for par. (E)

Hole 9 Par 4 - At this point I'm beyond amped up.  I've been telling myself for 4 holes now to slow down in order to keep my tempo relatively stable, but it's getting really difficult to keep myself calm.  I have to carry the drive about 150 or I'm wet or in a really bad spot to get my par....normally this is not a problem, but my driver has been hemorrhaging this 9.  Hit drive, has plenty of height and distance, but it's pulled left.  Doesn't have time to fade back into being a good shot before it catches a limb of a tree (snaps the limb off) and falls leaving about 225 to the hole.  Disappointing, but I'm over the water and up the hill so I'm okay.  While approaching my ball, I see some of the guys I had played with earlier in the day and we have a quick discussion about how I'm on the verge of a 36 and how I'm seemingly trying to ruin it.  It kind of calms me down.  I grab 3 wood and hit a beautiful high shot that lands 10 feet from the hole!!!  The guys who are playing number 2 decide to be my gallery as I shoot even par or lower on 9 holes for the first time ever.  I'm no longer calm.  I get up to what really should be a fairly easy left edge birdie chance and I can't keep my hands steady.  I essentially lag a putt up to about 4 inches and tap in for par.  (E)

I hit 5 of 7 fairways, but that is misleading as I rolled up to 3 of them (about 120-140 yard drives) and really left another one short.

I only had 11 putts thanks to 1 chip in and 5 one putts.  This is where I really saved myself.

I scrambled like a mad man.  It showed me that even shooting even par can look ugly.  I've shot 38s and 39s that were probably cleaner looking rounds, but I simply didn't put together the same amount of great long approach shots and great putting.  It shows me that I don't have to be perfect to score low, which is nice.  Sorry for the long post, but I was just a little bit excited :-P.

Edited by baller7345

Driver - Cleveland CG Black 265
Fairway Wood - Adams Tight Lies 16 Degrees
Hybrids - 18 and 20 Degrees Adams Pro
Irons - 4-PW Adams XTD
Wedges - 52 and 56 degree Cleavland CG16