IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Carded a 91 which is my median score.   All my bad (OB, ball lost) shots were with mid-irons which was unusual.   Made two extremely long putts which were negated by two 3-putts.  Short game and hybrid/wood made up for the bad mid-iron shots.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Saturday, Kittyhawk GC (Eagle Course) - 92

Sunday, Sugar Valley CC - 94

Monday, Miami Shores GC - 82

It was a great holiday weekend of golf for yours truly,

Played the Eagle with a fellow association member and did decently on a course that often gives me problems. My partner gave me a nice complement afterwards on the progress I've made.

@Jeremie Boop joined some buddies and I at Sugar Valley on Sunday. One of my friends knows the pro and was able to get us on. It's always nice for a muni hacker like me to see how the other half golfs. The funny thing was that the presence of JB seemed to inspire one of my friends into playing by a closer approximation of the rules. As such, I got an extremely rare result against him as he actually scored the six to seven strokes he usually leaves off his card. Great day out.

I was all by myself Monday at Miami Shores, but had my best regulation, 18-hole score ever. I previously shot an 83 on a much shorter easier course (a CR 64 and Shores is a 68.6). Driver, fairway woods or irons, I was hitting them all solid.

We played Radrick Farms.  Differential of 5.0 - I was on fire for the front side (-1) and hung on for the back.  Carded a 76. Fortunately, the last score of the previous 20 was a similarly decent round so my trend index barely dropped.

• Upvote 1

Brian Kuehn

37 minutes ago, bkuehn1952 said:

We played Radrick Farms.  Differential of 5.0 - I was on fire for the front side (-1) and hung on for the back.  Carded a 76. Fortunately, the last score of the previous 20 was a similarly decent round so my trend index barely dropped.

Nicely done. It's been years since I've been out to Radrick, nice track. 

Saturday I shot a 44+44=88 at Monroe Golf Club (first year it is open to the public). 

Sunday I shot a 42 at Wyandotte Shores. 

• Upvote 1

- Mark

It's been awhile since I walked off the golf course and was truly satisfied with my round of golf. Over the holiday weekend I played a course I had never played before. From the back tees it plays 6900 yards with changes in elevation and undulating greens. The course rating is 73.9 and slope is 141. I had been struggling with my putting so while I was in the golf shop checking in I was looking at some putters. The first one I picked up had a good weight too it, the grip felt good in my hands and it looked good over the ball. 5 minutes before my tee time I went back in the pro shop and bought the thing. I proceeded to go out and shoot 72 on a course I had never seen before playing with two guys who didn't break 105. I missed two putts all day from inside of 15 feet and both putts I hit on the line I picked.

Golf is a game of improvement and you never seem to be fully satisfied but this one felt good.

90 - worst day off the tee in 6 months, but best day with irons in a year. 46/44 with a 5-over 9 on the 4th (par 4), hitting two balls off the tee into the junk. In total, I shot 9 over on three holes, then 9 over on the remaining 15 holes. One bad decision and three bad swings did me in.  But I was happy with my slight draw ball flight I have been working on. One round at a time. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

49 + 42 for a 91! Played decent on the front before what I hope is the secret to me playing good golf. Tried a new way of taking my grip and it produced some amazing results! It even helped me hit the driver! Only had 34 putts but there were three 3 putts and Im gonna need to clean those up if I wanna break 90 again.

I had 86 today which is about average for me. I'm playing lots and improving fast. Slightly fatigued after playing several days in a row though. I've decided not all of the pro tips work - personally while I admire Faldo, I'm better off not tucking the knees in.

Only been playing 10 months, but I had my best game today. Was 17 over, which gave me 43 points Stableford. Yippeeeee

In my bag (Motocaddy Light)

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SW Ping Karsten irons with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

84 last night. First 18 of the year, 2nd best score of my "career" 

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

5 over at the last course of the TW 2012 (Agusta edition) :-P

5 Straigth days rainng result in all courses closed for the weekeed.

Fortunately the sun comes up again and i will play friday, saturday and sunday at my home course.

Got a chance to play Firestone South for cart fee only.   Shot 76 (par 70) and was very happy.  Tied low score for 18, but at +6 is two higher than all time low of +4 to par.  Next milestone is probably even par for 18.  

—Adam

Another 91 (71.2/128), my median score.  I had lots of pars and bogies but lost balls led to a few very big numbers.   A sudden bad shot is setting me back from breaking free from my current HI of 15+.   

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Shot 91 today, 47/44. First time breaking 90 since switching home courses. Everything felt great today, except for my putting on a few holes. Drives were right up the middle and contact with irons was exceptional all day. Several great approach shots, including a 70 yd pitch to 6 inches for a tap-in birdie. Great day. Practice has clearly paid off.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

Finally got back to a good score. After high 80s and a 91 I was able to manage a 79 with my best putting performance probably ever. 

I I don't think I missed a putt from within 4 feet and had more one putts than two putts. Made quite a few 10-15 footers which was great. 

Developed a a pre putt routine by accident really and it helped my get a feel for the read so that's nice. 

drove the ball fairly well too which is great. 

Cheers friends 

79 at The Summit course (6400-6500 yard tees, par 72) - Canon Falls, MN.  GEM of a course, great back nine (tight and lots of elevation changes and beautiful views), in fantastic condition.  I really enjoyed it.  Lost 4 balls else 75 strokes.  Good/great game for me except for those 4 wild tee shots.  Hitting greens and actually hitting my lines (I've lost club face control the last month or so, glad to have it back).

One birdie, but lots of regulation pars, up and down more than usual also to save other pars.

First time playing there.  Got to finally play a round with my new SW and LW.  Excited to come back, I got tricked by a couple blind areas.  Putted very well (for me) from inside 8 feet or so.

Bill - 

93 at a pretty tough course in Vegas yesterday. Pretty happy with the result based on the difficulty level and 102 degree heat haha. 

The $23 I won from my co-workers was an added bonus :-D

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)