IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I had a crazy/wierd/crappy weekend golfing this week. I played a tournament Sat and Sun this week so I went out Friday for a practice round and shot 68 with 5 birdies and 1 bogey . So obviously I went into Saturdays round very confident. I played really well apart from my blow up holes!!! I shot an 83 with 3 doubles and 1 triple (on a par 3 ). Take those holes out I played steady golf. Going into Sunday I figure I take out the blow ups and I still have a shot. Well I got rid of the triple but only managed to turn it into a double!!! So with that double, and the other three doubles!!!! (all on the same holes ) I shot an 82 to tie for fourth net

Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

I played in a Pro-Junior today with my boss and two other juniors...
We shot 61 and tied for third but lost in a scorecard playoff...
If I were to have played by myself I would have shot under par... 69, 70 perhaps. Probably the best round I've played in my life.

In my bag:
Driver: Launcher COMP 9.5* (Aldila NV 65S 350)
Fairway wood: Warbird 4-wood
Irons: X-18 Pro Series (3-PW)
Wedges: Vokey 252.08 and SM58.12Ball: Pro V1

Played 36 holes. First 18 = awful. Granted it was on a tougher course then my second 18 holes, but I shot a 96 on the first 18. Second 18 I shot an 85. Overall, I was fairly happy with my play. First 18 I was a bit off, especially with the irons, but the second 18 the ball striking was better. I was coming a little over the top, pulling and badly fading some irons.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

44 on a 9 holer at Devou Park. Never played there before, and the place was really tight - a ball was either in the fairway, or hopelessly unplayable in the woods. Thank the golf gods because I was driving the ball really straight, and long. My iron play was off today, and I missed a lot of greens, even after an excellent drive (I had driver, sand wedge into several par 4's). Got a birdie, but then followed it with a nice double on a par 5 that, I swear, is about 30 yards wide with woods on both sides.

My chipping was good today, and left me close enough to cut down on my putts. Only two three putts.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

89 on a course that was 6700 yards. Pretty good for me, since I'm not the biggest hitter. The rating was 71.6 or something, so it was a pretty hard course...Fun round though, very happy with the way I played.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Shot a 68 after 14 holes at The Willows before I got thunderstormed the hell out of there. Was on course for an average but not spectacular round. My iron play is seriously off. Pushing a lot of shots right, as well as hitting the toe a lot. Driving was so-so. Outside-in has creeped into my driving, and it's causing hell with my game.

45 on the front, with 20 putts. Better than usual, but got some really ugly three-putts on the first 3 holes which left me trying to make up strokes all day.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Was shooting 14 through 3 holes yesterday [on pace for my best], but I got rained out :(

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5*
3W: r7 Draw 15*
2H: Slingshot Hybrid 17*
7W: Launcher Sport 22*
Irons: Launcher 5-PWGW: X-Tour 50*SW: SV Tour 56*Putter: Sabertooth 34"Ball: TaylorMade TP LD Red

Shot a 97 on my home course - it was a tale of two nines 54/43!

Lamebums - I was scratching my head after reading your 5-putt comment. I had my first one today -- second hole, on the green in two. The green is two-tiered, and of course I was on the wrong tier! Got cute with the first two, went up the ridge and then back down. Flag was cut very close to the ridge. Blasted the third one to make sure it got there, blew it way past. Then proceeded to putt two more times. Oh well...

WITB: Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5 R / 5 Wood: r7 ti / Irons: Ping G15 Steel R (3-P, U), / Wedges: Vokey SM4 56/11 SM4 60/07 / Putter: Scotty GoLo 33" / Ball: Titleist Velocity / Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 4.0 / GPS: SG3

I shot my best score yet at home course 48 on the front, then went back to my normal and hit a 55 on the back, I was still stoked, but really wanted to break a 100. I then went to a local course and shot a 98 I played well, but the course was a bit easier.

Last two 9-hole scores - 46 and 51. Playing 9 tonight and hope to be closer to the 46 than the 51.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

Shot 88 the other day on my home course, 42-46. The sad part was I hit 8 fairways, which with decent play otherwise should translate into a low 80s round.

I read that your score "should" be predicted by greens in regulation. The "formula" is: 93 - (GIR x2) = score. This assumes 32 putts. I hit 7 greens, so I should have had a shot at low 80s or even breaking 80, but of course my short game and putting didn't keep its end of the bargain.

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played in a tournament today shot a nice little 33-40 for a 73. Tied for first after the first day.

In my bag:
Driver: Launcher COMP 9.5* (Aldila NV 65S 350)
Fairway wood: Warbird 4-wood
Irons: X-18 Pro Series (3-PW)
Wedges: Vokey 252.08 and SM58.12Ball: Pro V1

Today has to be a milestone in my 30+ year career.
I shot 38-42, 80 ( my best in 2 years) with a double and 1 three putt.
I hit 10 ( count'um) GIR. No birdies. (lipped out 4)
My drives even impressed me('bout 230 or 240 avg on a very dry course)!
It is painful to look back at the "coulda, shoulda, wouldas". My putting was just 'so,so" (33 putts).
My long time playing partner usually shoots around 78 (His age btw) and beats me by a bunch(10 or more). Today, his back started hurting very bad about the 15th hole ( he was down 4 by the way) , but I don't think his score had much to do with it. ( yeah right). He shot 83 today. Not his best effort, but still respectable for an old man with a bad back.
I'll with have to wait for a while for his back to heal before I have another shot at him. How long should that take?

INTHE BAG(today)
Driver: Speedline 10 10.5deg
Fairway woods: speedline 3w
Putter:Master grig

Irons: A2 OS

SandWedge 1200GE

Balls: Soft Feel

Bag: Great Divider

Lots of Hope!

Yesterday, played a relatively easy par71. Shot 82, my best round ever

1 birdie... lipped out the eagle putt
1 double bogey
A LOT of 2-3 putts.
A LOT of slicing off the tee.

edit: terrible greens (Chicopee Country Club, Chicopee, MA) not well kept and extremely slow... i'm getting used to the extremely fast ones at the course i work at currently (Ludlow Country Club, Ludlow, MA).

In my stand Bag:

R7 Superquad 10.5* Fujikura REAX 65-S
Hi-Bore XLS 19* Hybrid Dynamic Gold S300
MP-60 4 thru PW Dynamic Gold S300 .588 REG 54* SW Vokey 58* LWSTX Greeny IV putter

Shot average tonight(9 holes at local) and got my first eagle on a par 5 with a 12 foot putt. I was playing by myself, so I had to call the wife, she acted like she cared....that's all that is important.

Bag: Discovery
Driver: r7 460 Driver weighted neutral
Fairway:r7 FW 3 w/ Aldila NV 75S
Hybrid:Rescue 16 & 19
Irons:RAC OS 3-PW +1.25" Wedge:r7 SWPutter: Circa 62 #5Balls:NXT or ProV1'sTrying: Tour Model Blades

Played a quick 9 this afternoon and finished at about 5:30. Had a pretty good 9 holes shooting 39. 4 bogeys ouch. Birdied the 4th what a beautiful hole that was. Bombed a drive straight out then hit my beloved 56 degree vokey to within about 4 feet of the pin spinning my prov1x backwards in the process from about 80 yards out. I was hitting my driver really far and straight which really helped me score well because I was closer to the green and on the fairway. So I'm pretty happy with my performance today... didn't really feel like playing 18. Also, got my shoes re-spiked after the round. Can't wait to play again with the new spikes.

in the bag

Driver: 909D2 9.5° Oban Devotion Shaft

3 Wood: G10 15.5°
Hybrid: 3dx RC 20° Ironwood 

4-PW: MP-57's S300

Wedges: 51° MP-T Black Nickel 56° Vokey Spin Milled 

Putter: Tracy II 35" Iomic Grip 

Ball: Pro V1x