IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Nice little 77 today (70.6/128) after an 81 (70.5/130) on Sunday. Really having a lot of fun on the golf course right now. I'm making a run at breaking 80 every time now, and it seems to be about 50/50 on whether I actually break 80. My handicap has been dropping like a rock. It will go down to 7.2 at the next revision. Only negative is now my handicap is pretty low going into the club championship. Oh well, just will have to play better to compete in it.

• Upvote 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway:Β ParadymΒ :callaway:Β Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway:Β Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel:Β SMSΒ Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

Β :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Had my low round today at Emerald Greens golf course. Β I shot a 77 with a 41 and a 36. Β Really striking the irons well today and had some even better chips. Β A couple birdies and a few birdie puts that I left short. Β 2 double bogeys and quite a long string of pars. Β The game just felt good today and no part of it really brought me down. Β Feeling really good today....

• Upvote 1

I shot a 40 (+5)

I actually struck the ball well. My tee shots were spot on. My irons were pretty good. The ball flight was good, but the distance control was off a tad. I was trying to get away from hitting full iron shots and hit more partial iron shots for control. The distance control sufferedΒ more so with the distance wedges.Β 

My pitching wasn't fantastic, but it wasn't disastrous. I still struggle with being a tad too steep with the pitch. I am not getting the brush the ground feel. I might try going more with that being my goal over striking the ball.Β 

Putting was horrid. I hate slow greens.Β 

The swing is there. Contact feels good. I just need to tighten up that wedge game and putting.Β 

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

76 (4 over | 71,2) on Sunday. Really Good ball striking and chipping, but 5 three-putters ruined my round.

• Upvote 1

46 (+11)Β on the front
39 (+3) on the back inΒ league play

11th hole I duffed a drive, scrambled to end up offΒ the back ofΒ the green, pin in front. Sank a 30ft putt for par.
Was even on the back until 16, bogie.
Than double boggied 18, of course at this point the guys I was playing with were cheering me on during my putting strokeΒ and heckling me when I missed.
Really nice when I finally got a handle on my swing andΒ short game and long game came together!

Β 

• Upvote 1

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey Β Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Shot a 39 (par 35) last night. Β Struck the ball very well and it was one of those "coulda been 36 or 37" as i left 3 putts short that were dead center and missed 3 other putts in the 4-5 foot range.

Hit probably the second best approach shot of my life as it landed right next to the hole (1 inch) and settled about 5 inches from the cup for a tap in birdie.

1 Birdie

4 pars

3 Bogeys

1 DoubleΒ 

Β 

I shot 43 +8 tonight, though technically the first two holes I had to drop and take +2 for OB shots. First hole was just a pull that bounced off the cart path across the road, second hole was an over draw with hybrid that kicked hard left off a hill OB. With the penalties on the first two holes I was 6 over, then played the next 7 holes in +2 ROFL. Had a few par saves and a few lip out birdie putts. Overall I was pretty happy with how I played. The only dark cloud on the night was being accused of being a sandbagger by my opponent. What possible reason I would have to sandbag in a league that doesn't have any payout other than skins which are gross, not net, so why the hell would I sandbag if I am trying to win skins...

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon:Β Z355

:callaway:Β XR16 3 Wood
:tmade:Β AeroburnerΒ 19* 3 hybrid
:ping:Β I e1 ironsΒ 4-PW
:vokey:Β SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff:Β Harmonized Sole GrindΒ 56 andΒ Windy City Putter

36-39-75

Springfield Gold Tees 71.8/132

Had 3 birdies, hitting the ball pretty well. Β Putting better too.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Ridiculously bad today. 16 points over 18Β holes, 10 blobs and 5 lost balls. I haven't played this badly since ?. I played with a guy who plays off of 12, and he only scored 10 points, and blobbed on 13 holes.Β 

In my bag (Motocaddy Light)

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SWΒ Ping Karsten ironsΒ with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

BEST ROUND OF MY LIFE!

79 on a par 73 (I know, didn't realize it was par 73 until I looked at it) course! Β I even felt like I left a few shots out there on the course, with a poor approach shot on a par 4, and a chunked pitch to leave me another pitch right after. Β Otherwise I was driving it better than I normally do after a major backswing change, everything felt pretty accurate and was dropping a lot of 5-10 foot putts. Β 

I honestly had no clue what my score was throughout the round. Β I knew I birdied 1, parred 2, then doubled 3; two pars then another double and after that I stopped thinking about score and about the shot I wanted to hit. Β I knew I was hitting a lot of pars, and a lot of GIR/nGIR to keep my score down. Β First time breaking 80 ever and I ended up only 6 over! Β I was so excited when my wife totaled up the score and said 79 I knew I had to share it, I was just giddy after hearing the result. Β Hope you all have the best rounds of your life out there!

Edited by amished
  • Upvote 5

Woods: Ping G15 10.5* Draw Driver;Β  Β Ping G Series 14.5* 3 Wood;Β  Callaway 2019 Apex 19* 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno MP-33 4-PW

Wedges: Ping Glide 1.0 52* SS, Glide Stealth 2.0 56* ES, Hogan 60* SW

Edel E-1 Putter

Β 

Almost got that under par badge today! Even parΒ 71 (70.8/131)Β with 2 birdies and 2 bogeys. +2 on the front, -2 on the back. I also had two 3 putt pars and lipped out the birdie putt on the last hole for a -1 round. I also lipped out at least 2 other birdie putts, so it could have been lower. Of course, I made at least 5 putts that were 5-10 foot range, so it probably more or less evened out. I actually only hit 8 GIR, although 3 other balls I putted just off theΒ fringe.Β 

Handicap is dropping like a stone now. It's going to be a 6.3 tomorrow, and I don't have any low scores dropping off for a while.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway:Β ParadymΒ :callaway:Β Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway:Β Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel:Β SMSΒ Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

Β :aimpoint:

Nothing, it was too damn hot. Β 

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

On August 13, 2016 at 4:57 PM, amished said:

BEST ROUND OF MY LIFE!

79 on a par 73 (I know, didn't realize it was par 73 until I looked at it) course! Β I even felt like I left a few shots out there on the course, with a poor approach shot on a par 4, and a chunked pitch to leave me another pitch right after. Β Otherwise I was driving it better than I normally do after a major backswing change, everything felt pretty accurate and was dropping a lot of 5-10 foot putts. Β 

I honestly had no clue what my score was throughout the round. Β I knew I birdied 1, parred 2, then doubled 3; two pars then another double and after that I stopped thinking about score and about the shot I wanted to hit. Β I knew I was hitting a lot of pars, and a lot of GIR/nGIR to keep my score down. Β First time breaking 80 ever and I ended up only 6 over! Β I was so excited when my wife totaled up the score and said 79 I knew I had to share it, I was just giddy after hearing the result. Β Hope you all have the best rounds of your life out there!

Β 

Congrats man! It really is a great feeling!Β 

Β 

It it has shot me in the foot a bit since then because I feel all this pressure I put on myself to play extremely well and when I don't it is frustrating.Β 

Β 

Couple times now I've shot a 39 on the front and am playing pretty darn well then just collapse on the back 9Β 

44/47-91 at the NE Ohio TST outing. Was pretty happy with it considering I shot aΒ 105 at the same outing last year lol

Ryan M
Β 
The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)
Β 
IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

84 Saturday morning. Β Pretty steady round, mostly pars & bogeys. Β IΒ left some birdie putts short, but most were lag putts for tap-in pars.Β Β 

Driver has been in solitary confinement for a few weeks now, but have enough distance with 4-wood & hybrid to still give myself legitimate chances at GIR/near GIR with mid-irons. Β It'sΒ workedΒ well enough as I've consistently been in the 83-87 range. Β However, I need to regain confidence in the big dogΒ for some better approach opportunities with shorter clubs.

- Bill

Β 

Β 

(edited)

I shot too poorly to play. While I was working on a little chipping over my lunch break at the nearby course,Β Β I saw a few balls left on the driving range. I hit 5 balls horrifically, leaving the rest assuming they were defective and thus left by the previous person. Β This comesΒ only 2 weeks from my PR round of 77 (6.5 diff).Β 

Just when we think we have golf figured out, it reminds us that "Golf is hard" (LSW).Β 

Edited by woodzie264

Driver:Β :callaway:Β Rogue STΒ Β / Β Woods:Β :tmade:Β Stealth 5W /Β Hybrid:Β :tmade:Β Stealth 25* /Β Irons: :ping:Β i500’s /Β Β Wedges:Β :edel:Β 54*, 58*;Β Putter:Β :scotty_cameron:Β Futura 5 Β Ball:Β image.pngΒ Vero X1

Β 

Β -Jonny

This weekend play 3 times at my home courseΒ (Par 72, rating 71,2).
72 (E) after been 3 under thru 10th.Β 10 gir, amazing putting and chipping. (20 miles winds)
73 (+1),Β 13 GIR (really calm day)
80 (+8)Β 8 gir,Β 30 miles winds.Β 300Β yards drivesΒ with the windΒ butΒ only 200 against it. Every Par 4 over 400 yardsΒ become a par 5.Β 
Poor ball striking all weekend,Β but greate putting and chipping instead.Β Β Β Β 

Friday I shot an 80 on a new course.

Sunday I shot a 79 (which included 5 penalties and 5 bunker shots)

Β 

It didn't feel right either game and I made some serious mistakes.Β  When I added it all up each round I was surprised at my scores, thought they'd be much worse.Β  I guess that's a positive sign even if my swing felt off both days.

Bill -Β