IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Started the round Double, Double, Bogey and then proceeded to play the final 15 holes in 1 under.  I ended up with 5 birdies, 6 pars, 5 bogeys, and 2 double bogeys on the card.  My short game saved the day today as I was not striking the ball particularly well.

Stats: FW-3, GIR-5, Putts-26   -     43-33  76

• Upvote 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

played two rounds today at my home course. one off the blue tees and one off the white tees (6600 and 6300 yards) and shot 75-73. my handicap dropped to 3.9 - the first time i have ever been a 4 handicap! 

+3 39.  3 birdies, 2 pars, 2 bogies, 2 double bogies.  Weird nine, great ball striking, a couple holes where I got myself into slightly iffy situations around the green and my short game just didn't pick me up today.  Played the first 6 holes at -1 before going double (3 putt after a very poor chip [tried a low 8 iron under a greenside tree and my lack of experience executing the shot showed as I almost rolled it through the green]), par (par 3), double (3 putt after a poor sand shot...this was a long putt, but it was really just poor putting).

Of course on seven I shouldn't have been in the position I was in in the first place.  It was a lie that screamed pull and I chose to ignore my instinct and pulled it right under the tree beside the green.

Driver - Cleveland CG Black 265
Fairway Wood - Adams Tight Lies 16 Degrees
Hybrids - 18 and 20 Degrees Adams Pro
Irons - 4-PW Adams XTD
Wedges - 52 and 56 degree Cleavland CG16

Shot an 84, and an 87, today which is pretty good considering last night's (late) party activities. It's been a while since I golfed with a hangover. Finished 5th out of 10 in our little gathering. Won a golf shirt that has "Golf Lives Matter" on the back. Another round tomorrow I suppose. :~(

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Played in the last leg of an amateur tournament last Saturday. The course is about 7350 yards long and the weather was absolutely brutal! Really high winds, tough pin positions and narrow fairways took it's toll on a lot of players I shot my worst of the season, an 89. The winner came in with 80, which was the highest winning score by 6 shots this season.

I took part in 5 competitions on different courses this year and had rounds of 81-79-74-75-89.

Yesterday, for my 5th round in 3 days, I carded an 81 (39/42). Felt pretty good about it, especially the 39. Just a little sore today, but it's the good kind of soreness. Also liking that there is no discomfort in my previously worked on shoulder. Couple of days a way from the game will do me some good. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I had one of my more unusual good rounds on Saturday.  Started birdie birdie par birdie par birdie, 4 under after 6.  Bogey on 8, followed by another bird on 9, my first ever 32.  Back closer to normal, a couple bogeys, then yet another bird on 14, par 15, so I'm 3 under with 3 to play.  So I'm playing with my wife, who loves to compete, and we always keep track of a match between the two of us.  She has probably won more thanI have, but its usually close Well, I closed her out on 15, and promptly proceeded to double 16 and 17, finished with 73. I think it was the let-down, knowing my match was over.  A really good score, but what a way to get there.

Sunday, much less drama, but still a real good round of 74.  Two birds, two bogeys, and a double.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

95 yesterday. Started terribly, couldn't keep a ball in bounds to save my life. After 3 holes, I was like +10 lol

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

54 on 9 holes on my home course, that's pretty bad for me these days. Afterwards went to the range and figured out what I was doing wrong. Left arm was collapsing in the backswing. Easy fix. 

I hadn't played in two weeks, so I think it was just the jitters.

Edited by Kalnoky

I tied my season best yesterday with an 82.    I left a few strokes on the course with 2 3-putts and 3 doubles!     My ball striking has improved this year and if I had a short game...  

• Upvote 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

81 on Thursday - gold tees - Eagle Ranch Golf in Eagle, CO.  At altitude.  I was getting 10% to 15% extra distance on my irons, but my driver just kinda went the same as it does at near sea level....weird.  Nice course, especially the back nine.  VERY proud of my 4h approach shot on 13 (from 220 and blind - still had to make a long putt to birdie - I was lucky the hole was in the way of the overly fast putt)

76 yesterday at The Summit in Canon Falls, MN - that's with 3 penalties.  1 under on the front, but not as good a performance on the back as I played last time.  But GIRs, I was really hitting greens - especially on the front.  I wish I putted better.  This is a really REALLY nice course with some amazing ups and downs combined with tight tree lined fairways on the back.  More open on the front.  Probably the most picturesque par 3's in the area.

MWSnap 2016-08-31, 14_11_32.jpg

MWSnap 2016-08-31, 14_11_49.jpg

Bill - 

Course is under maintenance right now, only 9 holes open while they have been aerating the fairways and tees this week and the greens next week.  

So only Played 9.

Shot a smooth 35 (Par 35).  Hit 2 greens, made 2 birdies (one chip in and one from 50 yards), 2 bogies and 5 pars.   Hit the ball well, although I only hit two greens, Hole 9 was the only one I missed by more than a couple of yards (but I knocked that one in from 50 yards).  :beer:

• Upvote 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Couldn't chip or putt!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

90 at Ridges at Sand creek.  71.8/134

pretty blah all day.   not swinging the club well.  uncomfortable over the ball.  unable to get in a groove.  really fighting a bad swing all day long.  

was on pace to still salvage something ok, but then blew up with a 9 on the Par-4 16th.  managed to connect with 4 separate overhanging branches on the same hole.  3 of those actually good swings, but some poor luck and the tough angle the previous shot put me in dragged me down.  87 if I had doubled that hole.  not a terrible score for the fact that I wasn't playing well all day.    

maybe next time.   

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

76 (+4) on Saturday. 7 Celsius, 35 km/h winds.

74 (+2) on Sunday, OB in my first stroke. 6 Celsius. 30km/h winds. A couple of holes with light rain. 

Course Rating 71.2. With handicap 2 I won the 36 holes tournament by 8 strokes and the scratch tournament by 19 strokes ! no good player`s at my home course at the moment.