IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

40/42 for 82.  5/14 fairways.  7/18 greens.  As enjoyable a sloppy round as I've ever played.  Putted out on 18 with the same ball I teed up on number 1.  That hasn't happened in several years.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

41-41-82

Best round in months, but a little disappointing because of a bogie, double bogie finish. Solid day with the driver and good putting. Very encouraging going into the fall season.

Bill M

37/39 for a 76. My best round of the year.....so far. :-D

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

shot 45 at Putnam Natl. 35.2/125 . 3145 yds.  Labor day afternoon and was paired with a friendly couple. 2 groups of hackers in front, so it took 2;45 hours...ouch!

The Quarry at Crystal Springs - 40-38-78

I had some great golf shots and was striking the ball very well.  Two 3 putts or it could have been better.  I only really had 2 bad drives as well, most had a nice fade 

Edited by Brian W

Two great rounds this weekend.  One is a new course, the other I only played once last year.  really windy both days.  My up and down game this weekend was very good.  Good thing as my approach game disappeared much of the weeknd and I'm not quite sure where it went.

Gotta enjoy the extra good golf while I can - I'm sure the trap door will open soon.

Victory Links - super nice course, first time there.  Very links-style.  Since they aerated the greens, my shots were sticking very nicely.  Had a great 2nd nine (the front we played second).  Fairways hit and GIR - really makes a huge difference.

Turtleback - drove extra to play this one again.  Some of the best fairways in the region frankly.  The back nine is pretty great.  Actually, the first 3 holes kind of are lame, but the rest is really nice.  Fun day.  They have tricky greens on the back nine as well as really fun holes overall.

MWSnap 2016-09-06, 09_49_04.jpg

MWSnap 2016-09-06, 09_52_15.jpg

Bill - 

After a tough front 50, I rebounded with a birdie and a par on the back at a course that eats my lunch for a 95! Perfect weather and had the place to myself. Kicking Myself for forgetting to invite @Gunther tho. For a 33 year old I sure am getting forgetful in my old age. :~(

• Upvote 1

Played Saturday morning. Absolutely beautiful weather - sunny, no wind, temps ranged from 65-72 during our round. Hacked my way to a 51 on the front. Rebounded on the back with a 45. Could've been a low 40s back 9 pretty easily with just my average short game. Putting/chipping was aweful Saturday. 

Yesterday's round was one of those enjoyable, competitive rounds I find myself in every so often.

I walked on, and was paired with another walk on who I had never met before. Right off the bat he asked if we could play for a beer after the round. I agreed since his stated handicap was the same as mine. 

It turned out our games were very similar. We went back and forth with lead changes throught the 18 holes. I made a 6' putt for par on the 18th to win by one stroke. (78-79). Win or lose, these types of matches are fun. 

Even though we both had a good time, we each still had that competitive focus going for us. We exchanged phone numbers and agreed to rematch.

• Upvote 2

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

42-44-86

Played pretty well and my putter saved me a few times after some dicey wedge shots but I wilted in the 96 degree weather down the stretch, going 6 over in the last four holes. I am still fighting my wedges for some reason this season. They have been my saving grace for decades but now they have become a bane, costing me 4-5 shots a round. At this point it is all in my head and I have no confidence when I face a shot inside 100 yards.

Bill M

I got a golfnow price at a local course.   When we arrived we were told the back nine wouldn't be ready because they were aerating the greens and the machine broke.   We were to play the front nine twice but the back nine may be available around noon.    I shot a 41, 44 on the front with the greens as bad as imaginable.    When we finished we were told the back nine was ready.   We decided to play the back.   The greens had more sand and were significantly faster until we got to the 18th.  I four putted!   I finished that nine with a 42.    Happy to see my scores improving but realizing that there is still much to improve.  

Edited by dennyjones

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

(+7) 79, yesterday.  (+14) 86 today.  I seem unable to follow a sub 80 score with another low score.  I've done it 3 times now and followed it with an 83, 86, and 86.  I guess the 83 isn't so bad, but still...

Today's 86 was a byproduct of poor ball striking on the front and one blow up hole on the back.  I spent 9 holes fighting a push fade  with my irons and after cruising through the first 5 holes on the back (one double [got greedy and put one in the water], 4 pars), I hit a very poor drive that sticks me under some trees and right next to a lake.  I figured I'd punch out and let it run down the angled fairway and everything would be fine.  I underestimated just how hard right it would kick and after hitting what I thought was the perfect 7 iron punch I learned it was OB.  Hit my second punch about 25 yards further up the hill and it still rolled it down next to the cart path leaving me on a severe pull lie.  I ignored the lie and pulled a wedge OB before hitting another wedge just short of the green then chip on and one putt in...for a 9....

Driver - Cleveland CG Black 265
Fairway Wood - Adams Tight Lies 16 Degrees
Hybrids - 18 and 20 Degrees Adams Pro
Irons - 4-PW Adams XTD
Wedges - 52 and 56 degree Cleavland CG16

Weird day on the course. Shot +15 87 (+8 front, +7 back), which itself is good for me, but factor in that it was playing 7129 yards and course rating of 74/133 and it looks even better giving me a differential of 11! Now, here's the weird part, that's 10 pars, 3 bogeys, 2 triples and 3 doubles. I had 1 ball go OB, 2 lost in tall grass, and 2 in water.... Oh yeah, and only 28 putts. All in all, still probably the best round of golf I ever played. *Game Golf link will be posted later after I have a chance to adjust the pin positions.*

• Upvote 3

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Played Firewheel GC-Bridges today. Course is 3 x 9 hole sections and you play 2 of them. We played Champions and Masters. The first 9, well let's just say it was a total debacle until the 9th hole. Lost 3 balls. Hit 2 OB on the first tee. 3 putts. Ugh. An ugly 13 over. 

The next 9 was a MUCH better story. I holed out a lob wedge on par 5 7th for my only birdie! Putted much better with a total of 16 and finished +5. Finished wishing I had time to play another 9 or 18. I love that feeling. 

Ugly first 9 - https://bnc.lt/yzOb/B6h5Zu6PAw 

great second 9 -https://bnc.lt/yzOb/hdNj35NQAw

43/44 - 87

Good day for me. Hit 5 greens, struck the ball really well. Only 2 doubles...nothing worse. I'll take it!

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Golf (or glof the way I play it) is a stupid game.

Friday I absolutely play out of my mind on a hard (and NICE) course and shoot the 2nd best game of my life.  Only the 2nd under par game ever.  Hitting fairways and GIRs (Especially the back nine).  I even left an easy birdie out there #10 because I was rushing to get through a foursome watching me.  Maybe two.  Up and down when I needed it (3/4 holes on the front).  But because my approaches were very close.  (It was slow - I played number 5 twice and birdied on the 2nd play...)  It felt so easy.  Was surprised at the score at the end, wasn't even paying attention, just enjoying the day, looking for lost balls between shots waiting on the 2 some ahead to keep moving (and the 4 ahead of them, and the 4 ahead of them....no one behind me at all)

Saturday - I can't hit a single approach shot, leaving me with lousy putting, few GIRs, etc- despite decent tee shots.   Even most GIRs were off line leaving long lags hard to hit. 

How do you go from -1 on one day to +13 within 24 hours?

Fun weekend.  Super windy on Saturday.

MWSnap 2016-09-12, 09_05_42.jpg

MWSnap 2016-09-12, 09_12_09.jpg

• Upvote 1

Bill -