IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

39 - missed 2 GIR/nGIR in greenside bunkers which resulted bogeys. Ball flight was good today. Good to get out with my 8 yo boy

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(+3) 39 on the back nine of my home course.  I usually play the back worse than the front even if it should really be easier (it's really short), but today I did okay I guess.  Still kind of disappointed in how it ended.

Didn't get off to a good start, overcooked a draw on a 5 iron and missed the green on the 10th (205-230 yard par 3).  Underestimated a chip and missed my 20 foot par putt, for bogey.  Not good, but not completely awful considering one of the harder par 3s.  The 11th was almost a disaster.  Drive was good, left side of the fairway, left about 220 to the middle of the green.  Pulled my 20* out and really expected to have a legit shot at eagle as I really like my hybrid.  Pushed the hell out of it and into the creek it goes...hitting 4 from 90 out.  Shanked 4 back into said creek....hitting 6 from 90 out.  Finally got my self together and put a wedge to within 5 feet and saved double bogey on the putt.  Next 6 holes went as follows, birdie, par, par, par, par, and birdie.  So I walk to 18 for a 180 yard par 3 to try and get back to even.  Unfortunately a combination of nerves at clawing my way back to a really good score, lost confidence in the club I was hitting, and obviously a bad swing on the ball result in a strong cut right of the green behind a tree.  I tried to skirt the edge low and get on the green but it stopped on the fringe.  I followed that up with 3 putts from the fringe for a 5...it was the only putting gaffe I had all day, but the hole as a whole disappoints me.

I've gone into that hole twice over the last week with the attitude of just don't screw it up and you will score well and that has yet to result in a good hole.  While I played 6 holes at 2 under I was able to stay focused on the next shot and avoided looking too far ahead, but when the end is near I have caught myself looking too far ahead only to limp in at the end.

Edited by baller7345

Driver - Cleveland CG Black 265
Fairway Wood - Adams Tight Lies 16 Degrees
Hybrids - 18 and 20 Degrees Adams Pro
Irons - 4-PW Adams XTD
Wedges - 52 and 56 degree Cleavland CG16

40/39 for me today. Nothing real bad, and nothing real good. Just steady, decent golf.  8 bogies, 9 pars, and a 11' birdy putt, which was my lucky shot of the day. Really enjoying this cooler weather right now. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

34-39-73 (+2) at Springfield

3 birdies, 2 3-putts

7 Fairways

13 GIR's  

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

37-48 - Crap 85.  Fell apart on back, 3 triples.  Unreal.  12 pars, 10 GIRs, so some bright spots.  Gotta clean up the big numbers.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Last two rounds were both low to mid teen handicap rounds.  Because I only play once a week, my short game is what is suffering.  Yesterday for example I hit a par 4 in GIR and then 4 putted.  (12 and 16 over last two weeks).  I know that if I am able to put in some more time into practice/play (more than once a week) I will be able to get to single digit so looking forward to that

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Cranwell, lennox mass!
My irons decided to leak right all day. Did not help. But I will take the score!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

41/42 - 83 yesterday.  Very happy with the round, wasn't great off the tee but good enough and the irons were spot on for the most part.  Lag putting was a disaster though, too many 3 putts from long range.

Friday and Saturday - played Friday for under $4 at a course with $60 fees normally (Hotdeal and I had a $10 credit)

After my great round a couple weeks ago the wheels have fallen off.  that's 3 rounds in a row in the 80's.  And the last couple I played the shorter tees.  Lucky I've getting close - thus up and down a lot.  I'm not finishing my rounds very well.  Probably needs to go to the range and get my basics back on track and focus a bit more.MWSnap 2016-09-19, 09_02_26.jpg

Still fun playing.  Maybe I'll have one more burst of good play return before winter sets in.

MWSnap 2016-09-19, 08_56_45.jpg

Bill - 

39 (+3) on the back.  Kind of disappointed in it because I managed to get my first ever eagle on the par 5 11th.  Combine that with a birdie on the other par 5 and it was 6 over on the other 7 holes. It's breaking 40, but I had a chance to go really low.

Driver - Cleveland CG Black 265
Fairway Wood - Adams Tight Lies 16 Degrees
Hybrids - 18 and 20 Degrees Adams Pro
Irons - 4-PW Adams XTD
Wedges - 52 and 56 degree Cleavland CG16

19 minutes ago, shanksalot said:

38-38 76 at my local goat track. Missed my age by two strokes. Getting closer but I triple bogey killed my on the 13th hole. The course is only a par 70 so it should be easier to shoot my age. 

Respect! your so close. hang in there.

A 3&2 won in match play. Quarterfinal´s of my Club championship with handicap. Im´at 1 handicap against a 9. Gave him 7 strokes. (85%). We both played really bad, but really bad. On 14th, Par 4 OB left i won the hole with a triple-bogey... Won on the 16th with a 20 footer for par after missing my approach shot 30 yards rigth from 130 yards. A guess i was 8 over at that point.

After lunch Played 9 more holes to practice that day and shoot a 38 ( 2 over). Without stopping played solo 6 more holes with 3 balls shooting 75 (3 over). 30 holes for that day, i was really tired, but ended the day hitting pretty good solid punch shots.    

39-41 with 22 putts. This is the best putting round I have had in a long time. I did have one chip in to lower the putts more. Overall I am very happy with the way I played. I was playing 9 at a time so I am still getting used to 18. 

I broke my record low round today with a round of 76. 41 front nine and a 35 on the back. Booyah.

• Upvote 1

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Two straight odd rounds over the weekend.

46-38-84

45-37-82

I am so inconsistent it is maddening. I hit some ridiculously squirrelly shots on the front both days that cost me multiple shots, while I was remarkably consistent on the back both days. I had two birdies on Saturday and they were both on the FRONT when I shot 46. My lone birdie on Sunday was on the back.

Bill M

94 today from 70.8/128. Haven't been able to practice much lately and it showed pretty much everywhere. Even my GameGolf quit on me halfway through the round.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I shot a 48+41=89 yesterday at Carrington Golf Club. I played alone, walking, with a few shots of tequila and a cigar. It was the most enjoyable round of my season. I had two 8s and two birdies. I struck the ball well and was using a bent putter for half the round. Truly remarkable day on the course. There wasn't another soul to be found out there. 

- Mark