IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

39-37-76 SGCC Blue Tees

11 GIR 

2 Birdies

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

37-40-77 Blue Tees SGCC

2 doubles, ugh

8 GIR.   1 Birdie

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

40 at hometown muni. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

40 out - 5 par, 4 bogeys, 1x1 putt, 8x2 putt
36 back - 2 birdies, 4 par, 3 bogeys, 3x1 putt, 6x2 putt
76 (5 over par)

- First time Ive had 2 birdies in a round.
- First time Ive ever broken 80 in a competition round at my golf club (actually, first time Ive broken 80 full stop).
- First time Ive broken 40 for a front or back 9 in a competition.

Just one of those days where everything went my way :)

Regards

Mailman

• Upvote 1

Mailman

Club championship qualifier: 73-75 ( 4 over ), good ball strinking and chipping, bad putting but happy with the score.

1st round started on fire with my irons, 35 (1 under) 8 gir in the front. On the back only hit 3 gir but managed to make pars for a 38 ( 2 over).
2nd round was the opposite, 3 over thru 8 and i have to figth to make 10 straigth pars. 12 gir.  

Won by 14 strokes. No good players at my club this year. 

38-37-75 SGCC Gold Tres

2 birdies 1 double & 1 3-putt

-Jerry

I was the only person on the course today at noon!  The temp was about 52º with a slight wind but the sun disappear, which is usual for Michigan.

I hit 10 of 13 fairways but only 5 of 18 GIR but 15 of 18 nGIR.    My putting let me down.   I had 36 putts and my lag putting needs some work.   Agreed that my approach shots could be closer but I didn't help myself with 3 3 putts.  

I thought I was going to have a round free of DB but alas, on 18, it raised its ugly head.

I ended with an 43/44 = 87.    Not great but not too bad either.    

As I was on #17, my only wish was that golf season wasn't about to end.   My game has improved and I'm hoping there isn't too much brain drain over the winter.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

After a several day lay off from just about everything, including golf, due to kidney stones, I managed an 88 at my home course. I'd a been happy with something in the 90s. I was was very tentative with my full swings.

I did have good pitch over a bunker that rolled in for a par. Even made a few putts to keep a those DBs off my card. 

Just glad to be out there. :-D

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

35-38-73 (+2) SGCC Blue Tees

3 birdies, 1 eagle

2 doubles (UGH!!!!!!)

2 Three Putts (Double UGH!!!!!)

-Jerry

69 yesterday

34 on the front // 35 on the back

I took a lot of chances off the tee and ended up with 4 putts for eagle which is a new personal record! It was my best day with the driver and 3W all season but just couldn't seem to get the putter hot.

75 today

35 on the front // 40 on the back

Another good day for striking. Played a casual money match with some buddies but lost concentration on the back when everyone started taking some high scores. Overall a pretty good day though!

In the bag:
Driver: R9 Supertri
3W: R9
3i-PW: Mizuno Mp-68
Wedges: Taylormade Racs
Putter: PING Redwood blade

Shot 81 on a soaking wet course that gave absolutely no roll! Not all that bad, but took a few doubles. Eliminating them could have gotten me under 80 easily! Also, it wasn't until the back nine that I remembered my primary swing thought, which is to make a full backswing. Once I did that, I really started striping the ball! All in all, can't complain!

Yesterday I shot 40+42=82

I thought it was finally going to be my day to break 80 for the first time in my life until I double bogeyed the 9th hole, which took some of the wind out of my sails.  Before that, I was 2 over for the first 8 holes. 

My driving was stellar.  But  I missed too many greens in regulation and my chipping was not good. 

5 hours ago, Marty2019 said:

Yesterday I shot 40+42=82

I thought it was finally going to be my day to break 80 for the first time in my life until I double bogeyed the 9th hole, which took some of the wind out of my sails.  Before that, I was 2 over for the first 8 holes. 

My driving was stellar.  But  I missed too many greens in regulation and my chipping was not good. 

I would like to add that I play from the forward tees, which makes it a LOT easier than you guys who play from the back tees have it.   So my 82 in no way resembles your 78 or whatever when you play from the back tees.  

84. 12 bogies, and 6 pars. Much better than last time. Was going tomorow, but we scored tickets to a hospitality tent on the 18th at Summerlin.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

39-38-77 Springfield Blue Tees

3 birdies and 2 doubles (ugh) - both doubles on par 3's

13 GIR's 

-Jerry

10/16: Par 71, slope 141:
100% FW
61% GIR
100% nGIR
7 bogies, 1 birdie, 10 pars

shot 77

today: 40 slope 129

bladed some irons, pull driver left. Not good day. Chipping/putting saved me

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

84 on a windy but beautiful day. I had 8 GIR. The best was on a downhill par 3 into a strong wind. I went up two clubs from what I normally hit. 57% fairways. Driver was good except for one hole, but it didn't hurt me.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave